!!Welcome To New Members!!

For topics not directly related to eikaiwa.
Forum rules
The basic forum rules are here :wink: . Refer to the BBCode Guide for information on using BBCode tags, plus this post about additional tags for embedding video.
ManyQs
Clean and Sober
Clean and Sober

Unread post by ManyQs » Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:59 am

I tried to do this in "Announcements" and received the information that only GOD can participate in that forum. And if you don't think GOD runs this little world just piss off one of his servants called "Admin".

Anyway, I just thought it might be kind of cool in a 70s kind of way to welcome folks to the community.

So I thought I might get this thing going by welcoming our latest member, Chuck U. Farlie.

Some cool shit from Chuck U. Farlie over the next 5 or 10 years would be really cool!
Look back at what's been done, but don't stare. Focus on the present and look to the future.

____NIKU_________________

Unread post by ____NIKU_________________ » Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:33 am

Welcome ManyQs.

Shawn
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: At Mitch & Murray, holding on to the good leads and preparing sets of steak knives

Unread post by Shawn » Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:16 am

Just to make you happy, MQ, I'll make this thread a Sticky. :P

allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

Unread post by allblacks » Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:01 pm

hmmm
Donald Trump "You know what Uranium does? Lots of things, nuclear and like lots of things."

ManyQs
Clean and Sober
Clean and Sober

Unread post by ManyQs » Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:23 pm

A BIG welcome to BigChris!

And thank you, niku.
Look back at what's been done, but don't stare. Focus on the present and look to the future.

Tokyo_Joe
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread post by Tokyo_Joe » Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:20 am

Hi. My name's Tokyo Joe.... and I'm an alcobohic
The President has been kidnapped by ninjas. Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the President?

Redrum
Jaded Veteran
Jaded Veteran

Unread post by Redrum » Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:07 pm

HI Joe! Welcome keep coming back it works if you work it!
Genki Gaijin said:

Ah fuck it. This board is a sad waste of time. Enjoy your pissing contest, wankers.

Matt
Fresh & Minty
Fresh & Minty

Unread post by Matt » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:51 pm

sankyu beri machi

ManyQs
Clean and Sober
Clean and Sober

!!WelcometoNew Members!!

Unread post by ManyQs » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:20 am

Welcome to our community, MicroDieto!

ManyQs
Clean and Sober
Clean and Sober

!!Welcome to New Members!!

Unread post by ManyQs » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:35 pm

Welcome ClownFunny! Things are really rockin' and rollin' here. And really so for some of our members in the northern parts of Japan. As you probably read.

Anyway, again, welcome to our community.

Whaddya think of that punctuation, folks? Right? Wrong?

sos
Siren of Sensuality

Unread post by sos » Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:41 am

I wonder how long this "welcome" thread will last.
W.Pep did one and it died out in 2 months

http://www.letsjapan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

still it would be nice for different people to post

Hambone
Jaded Veteran
Jaded Veteran

Unread post by Hambone » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:14 am

Hrm, since I haven't "formally" introduced myself yet...

I'm a 23 year old video editing and graphics guy from Chicago, IL. I studied Japanese in Japan, during college, to about san kyuu proficiency, but I've since forgotten most of it. It's presently my intention to return to Japan some time after the new year and I'm just starting to apply for positions.
Welcome to Ochanoma Ryugaku! Your instructor will be with you in a moment... ... ...

ManyQs
Clean and Sober
Clean and Sober

Unread post by ManyQs » Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:47 am

And a welcome to you, Hambone!

Tokyo_Joe
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread post by Tokyo_Joe » Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:41 am

Hambone's sig wrote:Japanese Professor: What do you want to do after graduation?
Hambone: Go back to Japan.
Japanese Professor: Please don't go back to Japan.

Is there an extended version of this story? Sounds like a riot. :o
The President has been kidnapped by ninjas. Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the President?

Hambone
Jaded Veteran
Jaded Veteran

Unread post by Hambone » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:09 pm

Tokyo_Joe wrote:Is there an extended version of this story? Sounds like a riot. :o

Yeah, this happened to me after my first semester studying abroad in Japan. I wasn't exactly the best student my first time around. I spent most of my free time going to clubs, carousing with shady characters, and generally being up to no good. I had pretty much garnered myself a reputation for being a bit of a troublemaker who just came to Japan to cut loose and be wild.

So at the end of the semester, we're supposed to give a speech on what our future goals are. I said that my goal was just to have as much fun in college as possible, and hopefully graduate some day. At the end of my speech, our Japanese professor looks at me with look of exasperation and asks me "What do you want to do after graduation?"

I smile my biggest smile and reply "Go back to Japan!"

He fixes me with a stern, no-nonsense, gaze and tells me in front of the entire class "Please, don't go back to Japan."

Apparently the face I made was priceless. As one friend put it "It looked like he shattered your dreams into a million pieces then ran over your dog."
Welcome to Ochanoma Ryugaku! Your instructor will be with you in a moment... ... ...

allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

Unread post by allblacks » Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:51 pm

Hambone

That, my friend, was a good laugh! Thanks for that!

ABs
Donald Trump "You know what Uranium does? Lots of things, nuclear and like lots of things."

sujihime
Frustrated Realist
Frustrated Realist

Unread post by sujihime » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:33 am

Im sujihime which is my butchered way of calling myself a Princess. I never introduced myself but launched into the asking annoying questions that have already been asked a billion times.

But the good news is I am moving to japan in 12 days (wee!) and Im 80% sure I will get a job as an ALT because my Fiances supervisor likes me (she never met me, but decided she liked me because she likes my fiance).

So hooray for me! That was a really long introduction. Sorry :oops:

ManyQs
Clean and Sober
Clean and Sober

Unread post by ManyQs » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:17 am

sujihime wrote:Im sujihime which is my butchered way of calling myself a Princess. I never introduced myself but launched into the asking annoying questions that have already been asked a billion times.

But the good news is I am moving to japan in 12 days (wee!) and Im 80% sure I will get a job as an ALT because my Fiances supervisor likes me (she never met me, but decided she liked me because she likes my fiance).

So hooray for me! That was a really long introduction. Sorry :oops:

Welcome to this forum community, sujihime! And let's hope your stay in Japan is a success story. We want all the details posted here for all in this community inside a community to ponder. Advice here is free and very likely worthless. You know what they say about free stuff.

Ozintokyo
Intruder
Intruder

Unread post by Ozintokyo » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:48 am

Quite a few new people recently - great to see - welcome to you all!!

:cheers:
Meh

sos
Siren of Sensuality

Unread post by sos » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:49 pm

sujihime wrote:But the good news is I am moving to japan in 12 days (wee!) and Im 80% sure I will get a job as an ALT because my Fiances supervisor likes me (she never met me, but decided she liked me because she likes my fiance).

So you will be in Izumo?

Tokyo_Joe
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread post by Tokyo_Joe » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:18 pm

Ozintokyo wrote:Quite a few new people recently - great to see - welcome to you all!!

:cheers:

Yeah, it would be good if more of them would make more than like 2 posts. :roll: Are we that boring?

Dont answer that.

allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

Re: !!Welcome to New Members!!

Unread post by allblacks » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:06 pm

ManyQs wrote:
sujihime wrote:

Welcome to this forum community, sujihimeAdvice here is free and very likely worthless. You know what they say about free stuff.

Many Qs

Speak for yourself. I partly write here to help people who want to go to Japan. In doing so I believe that the advice I give--good or bad--is valuable both in terms of me giving up my time to provide it, and the recipient who takes time to read it.

Before the internet came along there was very little in the way of advice, and, while we have a medium we should make the best we can of it. LetsJapan came back after a break, IMHO, because of the lack of info on life and work in Japan. Sure, there are other sites, but all our friends are here and home is where the heart is.

Lately I notice you have been posting any-old-shit. Why is that? Are you simply trying to boost your posting number?

ABs

ManyQs
Clean and Sober
Clean and Sober

Unread post by ManyQs » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:45 pm

allbacks, please forgive me if I delay my response to your post, but I seem to have just been honored with a chance to welcome God to our community.

God, this lowly creature of planet earth welcomes you to our lowly community.

By the way, I have a favor. I'll send that in the usual way.

IMD
Enthusiastic Newbie
Enthusiastic Newbie

Unread post by IMD » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:41 pm

I welcome me to the forum. I (according to Ralph Wiggum) made the "Best First Post Ever". I was very proud of that post.

Er... i've been lurking here for 5 years and only signed up a month or so ago. I only came here because my mate was going to do NOVA (or JET - who cares?) and found you funny. I've been learning Japanese for 4 1/2 years, can barely string a sentence together and have no use for it in my everyday life. However I am coming to Japan at Xmas! Hurrah!*

My wife to be is HK Chinese. For anyone who complains Japanese is a hard language, try Cantonese. It's at least 5 times harder. She can keep it.

Er - hello.

* Specifically Hurrah! for my Grandad, who by the time honoured fashion of dying, allowed me to afford the trip.
Piss bored? Play my free browser RPG, [url=http://www.damnedisle.com/index.php?cmd ... p=w&rid=20]The Damned Isle[/url]

RalphWiggum
LJ Oracle
LJ Oracle

Unread post by RalphWiggum » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:48 pm

It WAS a good first post.

And hooray for dead people's money.

Welcome to the boards.
Shit wank bollocks

Hambone
Jaded Veteran
Jaded Veteran

Unread post by Hambone » Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:51 am

Barth_Simpson wrote:I noticed God just registered. I'd like to ask him some questions about some of the shit I've been praying for. Any chance God might be available to field some of my complaints?

Questions for/Negotions with GOD must be done through a union representative.

ManyQs
Clean and Sober
Clean and Sober

Re: !!Welcome to New Members!!

Unread post by ManyQs » Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:39 pm

allblacks wrote:
ManyQs wrote:
sujihime wrote:

Welcome to this forum community, sujihimeAdvice here is free and very likely worthless. You know what they say about free stuff.

Many Qs

Speak for yourself. I partly write here to help people who want to go to Japan. In doing so I believe that the advice I give--good or bad--is valuable both in terms of me giving up my time to provide it, and the recipient who takes time to read it.

Before the internet came along there was very little in the way of advice, and, while we have a medium we should make the best we can of it. LetsJapan came back after a break, IMHO, because of the lack of info on life and work in Japan. Sure, there are other sites, but all our friends are here and home is where the heart is.

Lately I notice you have been posting any-old-shit. Why is that? Are you simply trying to boost your posting number?

ABs

AB, why did you remove that sentence from the middle of the quote?

allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

Unread post by allblacks » Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:40 pm

Many qs

Why do you think I did?

ex_drone
Jaded Veteran
Jaded Veteran

Unread post by ex_drone » Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:27 pm

what no welcome for an old fart like myself.

sad just sad.