Decent tv

Talk about TV, film, games, hobbies, music, and fun things found on the internet here.
Forum rules
The basic forum rules are here :wink:. Refer to the BBCode Guide for information on using BBCode tags, plus this post about additional tags for embedding video.

Re: Decent tv

Unread postby angryboy » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:09 pm

Examination_Hell wrote:
angryboy wrote:I`m enjoying an Aussie show called "Wild Boys" at the mo.Nothing earth shattering but pretty good all the same.

not from Diwana anymore I take it? :wink:

Didn`t have the foggiest until I googled it :D
valve-bouncer wrote:Fuck me, I hope to christ you are a troll because the possibility of someone so mind-numbingly boring as you walking amongst us gives me the fear.
angryboy
Busdriver
Busdriver

Unread postby allblacks » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:23 am

The Killing was pretty good. Just watched last ep last night.
"So the clutch is called a clutch and the accelerator is called something stupid?" Holly interrupted, "Why didn't they just call the clutch a squeezer?"

http://27bslash6.com/arguments.html
allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

Unread postby MacGyver » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:38 pm

allblacks wrote:The Killing was pretty good. Just watched last ep last night.

Yes enjoyed the series but the last episode was a bit shit. Without posting any spoilers, let me just say that the "twist" was very lame. It seems they have deviated from the original series as well...

Edited to add I'm really getting into The Fringe atm. Only up to Season 2 but so far its pretty good. At times you have to suspend your BS meter (it is sci-fi after all) and some of the stories don't make complete sense, but generally its pretty good.
"Yous guys talk a lotta shit. I'm much more smarter than all a yous." - Samurai Jerk after being owned by the Let's Japan crew.
MacGyver
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread postby exUsagiCoalMiner » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:24 am

Unfortunately Fringe has gone pretty wonky this season. Still worth a watch now and then, though.
"But it's got sharp, pointy teeth!"
exUsagiCoalMiner
Cassandra
Cassandra

Location: In the concrete jungle known as "the Kitchen of Japan"....

Kolchak and the Night Stalker

Unread postby Inakanosensei » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:56 am

Some people have put Kolchak and the Night Stalker on Youtube. I had forgotten how bad the special effects and how cheesy the stories and characters were, but it's fun watching these shows from my childhood. Yes, I'm that old....
Inakanosensei
Frustrated Realist
Frustrated Realist

Unread postby Langslave » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:01 pm

Im still watching Fringe, I dunno, I like it. Inaka, I wont hear a bad word about Darren MacGavins Kolchak. Least not the first half dozen or so episodes anyway. The one where he was sewing up the zombies lips and its eyes opened...scared the shit outa me back then. The later ones though, like the dinosaur/dragon whatever it was living underground...meh.
"If I may put forward a slight..er..personal philosophy..I feel that man has ruled this world as a stumbling, demented, child-king..LONG ENOUGH!"
Langslave
9 miles of bad road
9 miles of bad road

Unread postby Inakanosensei » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:13 pm

Firefly is supposed to be somewhat based on the old RPG game Traveller. Being an old RPG geek, I hope it is!!!
Inakanosensei
Frustrated Realist
Frustrated Realist

Unread postby lordCONAN » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:56 pm

Firefly was a great show, pity it got cancelled.
lordCONAN
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread postby BergKatse » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:27 am

The Man from U.N.C.L.E. starts on the AXN Mystery channel on December 1.
BergKatse
Jaded Veteran
Jaded Veteran

Unread postby Langslave » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:43 am

BergKatse wrote:The Man from U.N.C.L.E. starts on the AXN Mystery channel on December 1.

The original? If so Ill be watching that. Had the car (Corgi? Dinky?) as a lad, wish I still did.
"If I may put forward a slight..er..personal philosophy..I feel that man has ruled this world as a stumbling, demented, child-king..LONG ENOUGH!"
Langslave
9 miles of bad road
9 miles of bad road

Unread postby Examination_Hell » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:32 pm

Have been (still) watching -

Terra Nova
Grimm
Once Upon A Time
American Horror Story
Walking Dead (no new episodes until Feb!)

Overall not too bad. I can't complain. :)
Wake up, school, club activities, piano lessons, juku, nova, english school, challenge school, homework, sleep, wake up, school...
Examination_Hell
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread postby exUsagiCoalMiner » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:04 am

I'm curious how the new season of Spartacus will be, since the lead actor lost his fight against non-Hodgkins and passed away.
"But it's got sharp, pointy teeth!"
exUsagiCoalMiner
Cassandra
Cassandra

Location: In the concrete jungle known as "the Kitchen of Japan"....

Unread postby sirwanksalot » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:56 am

Get Sky Perfect tomorrow! It's been years since I've had movie channels. Looking forward to blasting something in English off in the background as I do other things. I've just never been one to sit down and watch tv.
sirwanksalot
Masturbateur
Masturbateur

Unread postby ShonaiBen » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:20 am

BergKatse wrote:The Man from U.N.C.L.E. starts on the AXN Mystery channel on December 1.

.......good news.......I'll check it out.......thanks chief.
Shit Sticks to the Wall.........
ShonaiBen
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread postby AsahiSupaSpy » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:33 am

Anyone watching 'Homeland'? If you ain't, I highly recommend getting the first season to tide you over for the winter lull.
Do NOT arrest this man.
AsahiSupaSpy
Eikaiwa Lifer
Eikaiwa Lifer

Unread postby RalphWiggum » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:19 am

Boardwalk Empire. Can't remember if anyone has mentioned it yet and I'm not trawling through 15 pages of posts to check. Anyway, it's fantastic.
Shit wank bollocks
RalphWiggum
LJ Oracle
LJ Oracle

Unread postby steki47 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:10 pm

Aussie friend turned me on to "Underbelly". Very good! I really dig Australian TV/movies in general, but as big fan on the mafia genre, this series was awesome!
steki47
Cassandra
Cassandra

Unread postby allblacks » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:27 pm

The latest season was kinda bland IMHO. The first one was VERY good.
"So the clutch is called a clutch and the accelerator is called something stupid?" Holly interrupted, "Why didn't they just call the clutch a squeezer?"

allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

Unread postby steki47 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:43 pm

allblacks wrote:The latest season was kinda bland IMHO. The first one was VERY good.

I have only seen the first two seasons. The first was great but also liked how the second season went back into the history of the OC world. Kind of how GF2 went into the history of the Mafia.
steki47
Cassandra
Cassandra

Unread postby MacGyver » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:00 pm

RalphWiggum wrote:Boardwalk Empire. Can't remember if anyone has mentioned it yet and I'm not trawling through 15 pages of posts to check. Anyway, it's fantastic.

I think I did, but can't remember. Anyway, yes I agree. Second season is even better than the first season! Only 5 episodes in but enjoying it way more than the first season.

As for Fringe, I have finished Season 3 but haven't started watching season 4 yet. Not sure if season 3 is the season that ppl refer to as going off the rails or whether that's season 4. I can say though that I do think that, while I am still enjoying it, the boat is warming up. You know, the boat that takes the skier over the ramp who jumps the shark? Yeah that boat. The more I watched of season 3, the louder the boat got. If season 4 doesn't improve on season 3 then yes its in serious danger of jumping the shark....
"Yous guys talk a lotta shit. I'm much more smarter than all a yous." - Samurai Jerk after being owned by the Let's Japan crew.
MacGyver
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread postby allblacks » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:19 pm

The white trash bug scoffers are back!

Fear factor is back on TV!

Oh my god I love this crap! Joe Rogan thinks he is god with his new tatts and attitude! Shit yeah!

allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

Unread postby AsahiSupaSpy » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:53 pm

MacGyver wrote:You know, the boat that takes the skier over the ramp who jumps the shark? Yeah that boat.

The Fonz on a motorcycle.
Do NOT arrest this man.
AsahiSupaSpy
Eikaiwa Lifer
Eikaiwa Lifer

Unread postby MacGyver » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:47 pm

AsahiSupaSpy wrote:
MacGyver wrote:You know, the boat that takes the skier over the ramp who jumps the shark? Yeah that boat.

The Fonz on a motorcycle.

Yeah that'll be the sound. No wonder it sounded more like a motorbike than a boat... :doh:
MacGyver
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread postby hucards » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:31 am

Person of Interest is pretty good
hucards
Frustrated Realist
Frustrated Realist

Unread postby lordCONAN » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:52 am

hucards wrote:Person of Interest is pretty good

Yeah, I've been watching it. Also glad that Californication is back for another season. Nothing like a bit of the good ol' misogyny with Mulder from the X-Files.
lordCONAN
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread postby AsahiSupaSpy » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:29 pm

lordCONAN wrote:
hucards wrote:Also glad that Californication is back for another season. Nothing like a bit of the good ol' misogyny with Mulder from the X-Files.

I said it before and I will say it again. Unless exceptionally good, shows should be kept to a maximum of three series. First season of Californication was awesome. Second really good. Third had its moments. Fourth :rope:
Do NOT arrest this man.
AsahiSupaSpy
Eikaiwa Lifer
Eikaiwa Lifer

Unread postby hucards » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:03 am

AsahiSupaSpy wrote:
lordCONAN wrote:
hucards wrote:Also glad that Californication is back for another season. Nothing like a bit of the good ol' misogyny with Mulder from the X-Files.

I said it before and I will say it again. Unless exceptionally good, shows should be kept to a maximum of three series. First season of Californication was awesome. Second really good. Third had its moments. Fourth :rope:

I agree 100%. That's the biggest knock I have on American shows. They go on for too long. Cable shows aren't as bad as networks since their seasons are usually shorter at about 10-12 episodes as opposed to 22 but still. Weeds is a perfect example of that.

On another note, Southland and Justified are back! :D
hucards
Frustrated Realist
Frustrated Realist

Unread postby Shawn » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:24 am

Hands down, the best TV at the moment is watching the Repbulicans try and pick a nominee to run against Obama. It's fascinating and horrific at the same time. :luck:

Get involved with the Eikaiwa Wiki

RSS Feeds: Blog :: Blog comments :: Forums
Shawn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Location: At Mitch & Murray, holding on to the good leads and preparing sets of steak knives

Unread postby allblacks » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:58 am

...or the catfights between Tony Abbot and Gilly.

allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

Unread postby MacGyver » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:34 pm

Shawn wrote:Hands down, the best TV at the moment is watching the Repbulicans try and pick a nominee to run against Obama. It's fascinating and horrific at the same time. :luck:

Hahaha....even more enjoyable is the write-ups that Time online (I read them though my iPhone Time app) give them. Usually titled, "What you missed when not watching the Republican debate." Or a title to that effect. Best round-up I've seen. And you don't need to watch the whole painful process!
MacGyver
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment