English Teacher Needed in Takamatsu, Kagawa

The LJ Classifieds. Buy, Sell, Swap, Rent, Giveaways, etc. Advertise jobs available and apartments for rent (if you are the principal, not an agent).
Forum rules
The basic forum rules are here :wink:. Refer to the BBCode Guide for information on using BBCode tags, plus this post about additional tags for embedding video.

English Teacher Needed in Takamatsu, Kagawa

Unread postby englishbizkagawa » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:32 am

Hello,

A new and quickly growing English language school in Takamatsu, Kagawa is seeking qualified English teachers. Our company, englishbiz, is growing due to our core values of "teaching" rather than "entertaining". Experienced teachers in Japan know the difference. Our students are mostly elementary school-aged kids, and more than half of our current students have come to us after being in a major eikaiwa chain school.

No singing or dancing required. We do not play games, but rather develop our curriculum on real English learning strategies. We know what we are doing as both a company and school, and have developed our curriculum which we believes works well, but are also very glad to work cooperatively with innovative teachers who want to help us work with kids and bring their own creativity to the classroom. Salaries begin at 250,000 per month, travel expenses covered by the company. Interested parties are welcome to send their info to englishbizkagawa at gmail. Please send your CV, a letter about yourself as a teacher and a recent photo.

Thanks to LJ forum for allowing us to post here on these boards. Have been lurking quite a bit, and enjoying the threads.

M. Groenewold
englishbiz, Takamatsu, Kagawa
englishbizkagawa

Re: English Teacher Needed in Takamatsu, Kagawa

Unread postby allblacks » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:08 pm

Welcome to LJ and best of luck finding a suitable candidate for the position. I especially liked the NO SINGING OR DANCING comment! :thumbsup:
"So the clutch is called a clutch and the accelerator is called something stupid?" Holly interrupted, "Why didn't they just call the clutch a squeezer?"

http://27bslash6.com/arguments.html
allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

Unread postby englishbizkagawa » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:45 am

Thanks for the nice note. Much appreciated.

Indeed, I am pretty serious about the no singing and dancing required (but... I do confess, we do sing the ABC song with the very youngest learners on occasion..) At any rate, even there it is not REQUIRED.

To give a little background on the situation, I am a long-term teacher in Japan and I think that by now I have taught in almost every situation where English is taught in Japan (except for the big eikaiwa chains--a serious omission perhaps). I came to Japan on JET from 92-95, I taught private high school, tandai, college, university, graduate school, big company classes, small eikaiwa, and for a very short dark period I even worked for a dispatch company. After having a number of very challenging working environments, and getting kicked in the shins more than a few times, I decided that I need to grow my own school from scratch. I wanted to do things "right" and to make a school and system of learning where people would be proud to work, and where parents feel a strong need to send their kids. We`ve been at it for a short time, but the growth has been quite dramatic. I really believe that it is because of the "no singing no dancing" policy and tone. Our school is founded on educational principles and everything we decide to do it measured against our "purpose".

We are really looking for a good teacher or two to join us here in remote Shikoku. I know that the location is not as glamorous as say.... Toyama or Fukui... but anyway, we have a company I am proud to be building and we need real educators to come and give us a hand.

Thanks for letting me post here LJ. I really do appreciate it.

Cheers all,
Mark
englishbizkagawa

Unread postby SamhainP8 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:40 am

Have you got a website link?

It would give you a bit more credibility, otherwise it sounds like a great story but you could just be trawling for resumes. :thumbsup:
"Do you know how a falcon is trained, my dear? Her eyes are sewn shut. Blinded temporarily, she suffers the whims of her God patiently, until her will is submerged and she learns to serve - as your God taught and blinded you with crosses."
SamhainP8
Dronus japonica
Dronus japonica

Unread postby Wage Slave » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:04 am

http://www.englishbiz.jp

Nice looking site. I might tap you up later to find out who built it.

Good luck with your search. What you are doing is the antidote to the NOVAs and Geos's. Power to your elbow. I'm in the process of starting my own school with very similar aims and objectives. Eventually, fingers crossed, there will be a network of them countrywide.

Imagine that. Schools owned and run by teachers rather than weirdo shysters. Schools that are actually run to do their job well.
Don't hesitate to spoil the ship for a ha'porth of tar. You'll get credit for saving the ha'penny and someone else will get the blame for losing the ship.
Wage Slave
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread postby angryboy » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:27 am

Wage Slave wrote:Imagine that. Schools owned and run by teachers rather than weirdo shysters. Schools that are actually run to do their job well.

What??!!Are you serious?Can these places actually exist?

Jokes aside,good luck.
valve-bouncer wrote:Fuck me, I hope to christ you are a troll because the possibility of someone so mind-numbingly boring as you walking amongst us gives me the fear.
angryboy
Busdriver
Busdriver

Unread postby Tall Tall Tree » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:35 pm

Wage Slave wrote:http://www.englishbiz.jp

Think so? The table-based and left-edge-hugging design, the blatant keyword packing, the inconsistant font sizes and colors, the tacky animated rainbow arrows and other poor image usage, and the fact that there's just way too much content on the front page… This is not a professionally-built site. (Or if it is, however much was paid, it was far too much.)
Tall Tall Tree
Cassandra
Cassandra

Unread postby Wage Slave » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:40 pm

Tall Tall Tree wrote:
Wage Slave wrote:http://www.englishbiz.jp

Think so? The table-based and left-edge-hugging design, the blatant keyword packing, the inconsistant font sizes and colors, the tacky animated rainbow arrows and other poor image usage, and the fact that there's just way too much content on the front page… This is not a professionally-built site. (Or if it is, however much was paid, it was far too much.)

Ah but you are judging it from am American point of view, Lots of glaring colours, tacky animations and all that other stuff is required here. If it isn't there, it doesn't get read. You can't fight the the customers' beliefs and expectations.

Given all that I think it is the best and the most tasteful, I have seen so far, for an English school in Japan. I am told it reads very well in Japanese whatever you may say about fonts and web design in America.
Don't hesitate to spoil the ship for a ha'porth of tar. You'll get credit for saving the ha'penny and someone else will get the blame for losing the ship.
Wage Slave
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread postby allblacks » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:15 pm

I agree with the above. The site comes across a lot better than g-com etc and their ilk. I dont teach anymore by choice but if I did it would be with someone like these guys. Good stuff indeed.
"So the clutch is called a clutch and the accelerator is called something stupid?" Holly interrupted, "Why didn't they just call the clutch a squeezer?"

http://27bslash6.com/arguments.html
allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

Unread postby englishbizkagawa » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:56 pm

The website is something that is a continual work in progress. We did not hire out to have a flashy site made but started up on a total shoestring budget. We are a total start-up so as we progress and grow we will also take more time to polish up the site.

Running our own school is a job that takes most of our waking hours, so we just keep pushing along.

Thank you guys for the nice comments regarding the content and intent of our work. We are in full agreement that English schools should be run by people who have actually worked in one. Perhaps a parallel can be made between someone working in the mail room and then learning about their company from the inside and growing into their future role. I feel a keen responsibility to treat teachers with the respect they deserve. Also as a parent, I am becoming more and more empathetic to people who work hard to send their kids to school and try to improve their kids' education with after-school lessons. The English teaching industry has seen some pretty shady characters. I hope that our school can work against that tide.
englishbizkagawa

Unread postby wilde_oscar » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:29 am

It's been a while since the last post here - are these guys on the GBU part of LJ?
Never try to teach a pig to sing - it wastes your time and annoys the pig.
wilde_oscar
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread postby Edogaijin » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:15 pm

I noticed on the website that they want people with 'neutral' accents. Does that mean the guy in the videos who has a strong North American accent will or has been fired?
:haha:
Edogaijin
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread postby wilde_oscar » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:18 pm

What is a "neutral" accent? Maybe that South Korean robo teacher?
Never try to teach a pig to sing - it wastes your time and annoys the pig.
wilde_oscar
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread postby InTheColdLightOfDay » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:46 pm

wilde_oscar wrote:What is a "neutral" accent?

Swiss.
Each monkeys has different face. It's very difficult to distinguish monkey's face, like we can't memorize foreigner's face.
InTheColdLightOfDay
9 miles of bad road
9 miles of bad road

Return to LJ Classifieds