forex companies in Japan

A means of networking for Eikaiwa/English school owners and information for setting up a business in Japan (procedures, legal issues, etc.)
Forum rules
The basic forum rules are here :wink: . Refer to the BBCode Guide for information on using BBCode tags, plus this post about additional tags for embedding video.

forex companies in Japan

Unread postby quato » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:36 pm

Does anyone have experience with an account at a forex co. based in Japan? I'm looking for one with good service/policies/user interface on the site/etc. For some reason I've heard nothing but bad news on the topic...

On another note here's a good site for learning about forex:

http://www.babypips.com/
quato
Jaded Veteran
Jaded Veteran

Re: forex companies in Japan

Unread postby Tall Tall Tree » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:57 pm

Had you searched the site for "forex," you would have found this thread.

You've heard nothing but bad news about forex trading. Why do you think that is? Smoke, fire, et al. Unless you know what you're doing and are willing to play dice, I'd stay away if I were you.
Tall Tall Tree
Cassandra
Cassandra

Unread postby GaijinTax.Com » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:13 pm

In response to your question, http://www.fxonline.co.jp/en/ has all English support and is legit. I was able to open an account with them easily, and the letters/emails they sent were all done in English.
GaijinTax.Com
Fresh & Minty
Fresh & Minty

Unread postby Privileged » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:46 am

Tokaiwa investments fucking suck. If I am not mistaken they offer you the fantastic deal that you bring $50,000 and they "guide" you on how to trade -- letting you keep 50% of the profit! At no risk to them!

Anyway I did a lot of research and a bit of learning the hard way for anyone who is interested. As a US citizen and Mac user I opened an account with thinkorswim.com. Let me be clear that I put in months of reading books, websites, watching DVDs, listening to podcasts, demo trading, etc, until I felt basically frustrated that the money I was making was theoretical. Especially with the steady declines in the dollar at that time I wanted to cherry pick the best trades I could and do it with real money.

My first week I did ok. 3 small, low risk trades, 2 of which were successful, leaving me about $170 up.

Unfortunately during just that week I came to realize thinkorswim SUCK. For reasons I am not even going to go into here; suffice to say if you are unable to process orders, or predict what may or may not happen to previously placed orders regularly for hours at a time, you are not a broker I am comfortable trading with.

I actually fixed up my old Windows machine just to be able to have other options, fired up Metatrader, which is clearly the trading platform of choice (compatible with a variety of brokers) and opened an account with Alpari UK, highly recommended personally and good reputation via online research.

They do not allow US citizens living in the US to open accounts (for reasons I do not know) but fortunately not living in the US, I can use them.

Very happy so far and looking to continue placing small, conservative trades, hoping to grow my account.
Privileged
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Return to The Business Center