Web hosting for dummies.

A forum for computer geek questions and tech-related discussions.
Forum rules
The basic forum rules are here :wink: . Refer to the BBCode Guide for information on using BBCode tags, plus this post about additional tags for embedding video.
sirwanksalot
Masturbateur
Masturbateur

Web hosting for dummies.

Unread post by sirwanksalot » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:40 pm

I'm the dummy. Once upon a time I made a page with bravehost. I could basically do anything I wanted in the control panel that was connected to my bravehost account. I have recently gotten Dreamweaver 5.5. I have no Idea how to use it though. I'm just wondering if it would be easier for me to learn DW and FTP it to a host or to get a host that has a control panel. Sorry for my lack of jargon.

ShonaiBen
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Re: Web hosting for dummies.

Unread post by ShonaiBen » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:17 pm

sirwanksalot wrote:I'm the dummy.
.......you lost me after this......
Shit Sticks to the Wall.........

Shawn
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: At Mitch & Murray, holding on to the good leads and preparing sets of steak knives

Unread post by Shawn » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:56 pm

sirwanksalot wrote:I'm the dummy. Once upon a time I made a page with bravehost. I could basically do anything I wanted in the control panel that was connected to my bravehost account. I have recently gotten Dreamweaver 5.5. I have no Idea how to use it though. I'm just wondering if it would be easier for me to learn DW and FTP it to a host or to get a host that has a control panel. Sorry for my lack of jargon.
DW is for creating and managing sites. It has an FTP client built in, so it would be worth taking the time to learn how to use it. The upload features on a web hosts control panel vary, and if you're going to upload a lot pages and files, FTP would be easier to use, I think. :luck:

sirwanksalot
Masturbateur
Masturbateur

Unread post by sirwanksalot » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:09 pm

Thanks, Shawn! I'm a bit daunted at starting this. I hope it's a bit similar to PS and AI since I'm rather familiar with those.