Unlocked Iphone

A forum for computer geek questions and tech-related discussions.
Forum rules
The basic forum rules are here :wink: . Refer to the BBCode Guide for information on using BBCode tags, plus this post about additional tags for embedding video.
sirwanksalot
Masturbateur
Masturbateur

Unlocked Iphone

Unread post by sirwanksalot » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:08 am

Can anyone advise me about which company has a compatible sim for an unlocked American iphone 4? Beers will be bought for those who help.

sirwanksalot
Masturbateur
Masturbateur

Re: Unlocked Iphone

Unread post by sirwanksalot » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:58 pm

Someone must have sprayed for bugs even the crickets are gone.

MacGyver
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread post by MacGyver » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:32 am

For cricket value only: sorry mate no clue. My first thought would be that you couldn't get just a sim card but if you were to, I'd say Softbank would be your only hope although it might run on the Docomo network (wouldn't run on the au network unless its a CDMA phone).
"Yous guys talk a lotta shit. I'm much more smarter than all a yous." - Samurai Jerk after being owned by the Let's Japan crew.

sirwanksalot
Masturbateur
Masturbateur

Unread post by sirwanksalot » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:03 pm

Thanks for the reply MacGyver, After reading the very little info I could find I decided to give up and got an Evo 4G. I'll put those iphones up for sale on fleabay.

inflames
9 miles of bad road
9 miles of bad road

Unread post by inflames » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:06 pm

sirwanksalot wrote:Thanks for the reply MacGyver, After reading the very little info I could find I decided to give up and got an Evo 4G. I'll put those iphones up for sale on fleabay.
I realize this is a bit too late but b-mobile lets you use unlocked phones on their network (which is actually docomo). Their voice plans (only 2 of theirs allow voice) are shitty though.

Cadence
Jaded Veteran
Jaded Veteran

Unread post by Cadence » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:07 am

No bullshit, I managed to get a guy in the Docomo shop in Kumagaya station to give me a sim card on a standard Android plan, minus the phone on a contract.

I am now using a Docomo sim card in my HTC Desire that I got from Softbank.

If you go into the shop thinking you are a cross between Gordon Ramsay and Patrick Bateman, you will get what you want.

MacGyver
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread post by MacGyver » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:42 am

Cadence wrote:If you go into the shop thinking you are a cross between Gordon Ramsay and Patrick Bateman, you will get what you want.
I dunno who Patrick Bateman is but I know Gordon Ramsay so I presume that means you swear a lot and act like a complete ass? Does it also mean you have to be a great cook? :wink:

(Worth noting that I like Gordon Ramsay and have watched all his Kitchen Nightmares UK shows and am onto season 2 of the US version. Didn't bother with Hells Kitchen though. Saw the first episode and wasn't interested.)
"Yous guys talk a lotta shit. I'm much more smarter than all a yous." - Samurai Jerk after being owned by the Let's Japan crew.

allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

Unread post by allblacks » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:52 am

MacGyver wrote:
Cadence wrote:If you go into the shop thinking you are a cross between Gordon Ramsay and Patrick Bateman, you will get what you want.
I dunno who Patrick Bateman is but I know Gordon Ramsay so I presume that means you swear a lot and act like a complete ass? Does it also mean you have to be a great cook? :wink:

(Worth noting that I like Gordon Ramsay and have watched all his Kitchen Nightmares UK shows and am onto season 2 of the US version. Didn't bother with Hells Kitchen though. Saw the first episode and wasn't interested.)
You mean you havent seen American Psycho? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Bateman
Donald Trump "You know what Uranium does? Lots of things, nuclear and like lots of things."

MacGyver
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread post by MacGyver » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:07 pm

allblacks wrote:You mean you havent seen American Psycho? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Bateman
Yep that's exactly what it would mean....Christian Bale would be perfect for the role seeing as he is a psycho....

Cadence
Jaded Veteran
Jaded Veteran

Unread post by Cadence » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:50 am

No swearing necessary. Just assert what it is you want, understand more about the technology and how sales works than the muppet you are speaking to in the shop, and don't take no for an answer.