Where do you live?

For topics not directly related to eikaiwa.
Forum rules
The basic forum rules are here :wink: . Refer to the BBCode Guide for information on using BBCode tags, plus this post about additional tags for embedding video.

Where do you live?

Greater Tokyo
31%
Kansai
29%
Nagoya & Tokai
10%
Kyushu - Okinawa
4%
Hiroshima / Chugoku
5%
Tohoku - Hokkaido
6%
Shikoku
2%
Hokuriku
1%
Bum-f*ck nowhere
12%

Total votes: 165

____NIKU_________________

Unread post by ____NIKU_________________ » Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:24 am

I moved to Shinjuku

sujihime
Frustrated Realist
Frustrated Realist

Unread post by sujihime » Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:28 pm

I moved to Izumo (tiny city in shimane prefecture...famous for a huge shrine in Taisha).

So hooray, Im in Japan now. (well, Ive been here for like 2.5 weeks...but I was...er....busy or something)

Smurfette
LJ Queen
LJ Queen

Unread post by Smurfette » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:49 am

sujihime wrote:I moved to Izumo (tiny city in shimane prefecture...famous for a huge shrine in Taisha).

So hooray, Im in Japan now. (well, Ive been here for like 2.5 weeks...but I was...er....busy or something)

I would say welcome to Japan, but I'm not there! :wink:

cass_mack
Fresh & Minty
Fresh & Minty

Unread post by cass_mack » Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:07 pm

I just found out that i will be living in Toyama.

Does anyone know anything about it?

ShonaiBen
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread post by ShonaiBen » Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:56 pm

I lived in Toyama for a short time.Be prepared for a ton of snow.The Japanese Alps are beautiful.Great sea food too....
Shit Sticks to the Wall.........

cass_mack
Fresh & Minty
Fresh & Minty

Unread post by cass_mack » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:46 am

Awesome. I have never seen snow! And i love seafood!

Can you swim in the water in the summer?

ShonaiBen
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread post by ShonaiBen » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:28 am

Toyama is hear the Sea of Japan so you should be able to hit some beaches in the summer.No personal experience there I'm afraid.Just ask your students for good places to go.
You have never seen snow?You are in for a shock.That area can get over 100 cms of snow.Have fun.....
Shit Sticks to the Wall.........

SamhainP8
Dronus japonica
Dronus japonica

Unread post by SamhainP8 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:05 pm

Nagoya bound.
"Do you know how a falcon is trained, my dear? Her eyes are sewn shut. Blinded temporarily, she suffers the whims of her God patiently, until her will is submerged and she learns to serve - as your God taught and blinded you with crosses."

Tall Tall Tree
Cassandra
Cassandra

Unread post by Tall Tall Tree » Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:32 am

Hey, I'm in Nag now. Not a bad place. I like it, but the damned hot humid summer dang near killed me. Got any questions about the place?

SamhainP8
Dronus japonica
Dronus japonica

Unread post by SamhainP8 » Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:37 am

Albright wrote:Hey, I'm in Nag now. Not a bad place. I like it, but the damned hot humid summer dang near killed me. Got any questions about the place?

Nope i int foot no quations bt i could do wioth a drbnkin budy!
i got the messaage thatr i will be livin woith somr British due! Should be fun i guess? I woint have fuck all money die toi whv stauts but im already poised and kken ton have sonme fun aye!@ Pm me my dude/ dudette :D
"Do you know how a falcon is trained, my dear? Her eyes are sewn shut. Blinded temporarily, she suffers the whims of her God patiently, until her will is submerged and she learns to serve - as your God taught and blinded you with crosses."

Tall Tall Tree
Cassandra
Cassandra

Unread post by Tall Tall Tree » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:14 am

SamhainP8 wrote:Nope i int foot no quations bt i could do wioth a drbnkin budy!

Meh, can't help ya there. I'm sober. From that typing, doesn't look like I could say the same about you at present. :P

I woint have fuck all money die toi whv stauts but im already poised and kken ton have sonme fun aye!@

What?

kunikun
Yummy Mummy
Yummy Mummy

Unread post by kunikun » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:18 am

SamhainP8 wrote:
Albright wrote:Hey, I'm in Nag now. Not a bad place. I like it, but the damned hot humid summer dang near killed me. Got any questions about the place?

Anyone in the Nag go to the Red Rock restaurant in Sakae (always advertised in Japanzine and the likes) and tell them how we need a Red Rock in Tokyo, but not fuckin Roppongi. Thanks!

SamhainP8
Dronus japonica
Dronus japonica

Unread post by SamhainP8 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:17 pm

Crikey I am off to a good start.

:shock:

senshisteph
Frustrated Realist
Frustrated Realist

Unread post by senshisteph » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:59 am

Just about to move to Nagoya too (b*gger me - I actually got my requested location from NOVA!!!!)

SamhainP8
Dronus japonica
Dronus japonica

Unread post by SamhainP8 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:20 am

senshisteph wrote:Just about to move to Nagoya too (b*gger me - I actually got my requested location from NOVA!!!!)

Yeah same RL here.

senshisteph
Frustrated Realist
Frustrated Realist

Unread post by senshisteph » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:37 am

SamhainP8 wrote:
senshisteph wrote:Just about to move to Nagoya too (b*gger me - I actually got my requested location from NOVA!!!!)

Yeah same RL here.

So where abouts are you? I'm pretty central.

SamhainP8
Dronus japonica
Dronus japonica

Unread post by SamhainP8 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:54 am

senshisteph wrote:
SamhainP8 wrote:

Yeah same RL here.

Yeah i'd say i was ummm pretty central also. :)

senshisteph
Frustrated Realist
Frustrated Realist

Unread post by senshisteph » Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:09 am

SamhainP8 wrote:
senshisteph wrote:
SamhainP8 wrote:

Yeah same RL here.

Yeah i'd say i was ummm pretty central also. :)

:wink: Should have been a bit clearer - near Kanayama station. Can't quite beleive it's only 4 days now...

Ghost of sccJapan

Unread post by Ghost of sccJapan » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:04 am

I LIVE IN YER FUGGIN' BACKYARD AND SOMETIMES IN THE ALLEY BEHIND YOUR HOUSE! I EVEN MAKE MYSELF AT HOME IN THE CLOSET IN YOUR BEDROOM AND THE CUPBOARD UNDER YOUR SINK!

WHY???

SO I CAN RIP OUT YER' MOTHERF&#$@%$ THROATS WHENEVER I DAMN WELL PLEASE!!!!

MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

sirwanksalot
Masturbateur
Masturbateur

Unread post by sirwanksalot » Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:52 pm

On loan from Ralph....Image

avantcore
Fresh & Minty
Fresh & Minty

Unread post by avantcore » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:35 am

Right Now I go back and forth between Murrieta, California and Holbrook, New York, but planning on getting to japan in a couple years...
An eternal patch on a quilt that hangs from a wall in a throw frought with our decay...

Rex
Enthusiastic Newbie
Enthusiastic Newbie

Unread post by Rex » Fri May 26, 2006 5:10 pm

Nagoya
My favourite color is sensei's color.

User Banned
Frustrated Realist
Frustrated Realist

Unread post by User Banned » Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:58 am

I live in a gaijin house in Shibuya-ku.
Saru mo ki kara ochiru

Keleidoscope
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread post by Keleidoscope » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:09 pm

Yonago City, Tottori Prefecture, Chugoku region.
Yes it's been a while :)

SamhainP8
Dronus japonica
Dronus japonica

Unread post by SamhainP8 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:18 pm

Commiserations on your housemate status :lol:

Takeshi
Frustrated Realist
Frustrated Realist

Unread post by Takeshi » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:02 pm

Boston, not that anyone cares.

sambo-
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Re:

Unread post by sambo- » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:52 am

ShonaiBen wrote:I think most of you know that I am in Sendai....
I used to live in Sendai(quite a cool spot if your into snowboarding)! I lived in Atago-Bashi quite close to the center. I used to hit up the boonch quite a bit. Living in Kansai at the mo (Osaka, Bentencho)- Although its a really exciting place I sometimes miss the quiet and sceney up north!
The idle man does not know what it is to enjoy rest, for he has not earned it

Mangaanimejpopsamurismap
Frustrated Realist
Frustrated Realist

Re: Where do you live?

Unread post by Mangaanimejpopsamurismap » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:35 pm

I live in Yamaguchi city, Yamaguchi ken. Used to live in Ueno, Tokyo. Tokyo is a nice place I think.
Yamaguchi is a very cultural, pretty city, good size, mountains on all sides of the city and rivers throughout.
Is known as the little Kyoto of the west due to it`s history. Had major play in the Meji restoration. 7 Prime ministers hail from here, including the first.
Beautiful city with tons to do at night. Many small bars, that can be packed with the locals until 5am most nights of the week.
Friendly people. 2 Universities for people who like thousands of Japanese girls aged 19-24.
Surrounded by the Japan and inland seas and bordered to the North East by Shimane and Hiroshima kens.
Good skiing to be had in either of those prefectures. Went yesterday to Mizuho Highlands (Shimane) a good 30cm of powder.
Yamaguchi is one of the prettiest prefectures I have been to, great costal & mountain towns / villages abound.
Hundreds of islands and Shimonoseki is the most famous place for Fugu in Japan. It`s Yamaguchi`s prefectual fish.
Seen monkeys, deer, tanukis, boar, snakes and plenty of cranes in the wild. There are bears, but am yet to see one.
Love it. Just love it.
Go to Hiroshima, Kokura & Fukuoka (which is one of the best cities in Japan / the world in my opinion) for city fun. Best looking girls in Japan, hands down. Can`t stand shopping so more department stores don`t cut it for me. Eye candy is nice.
Beer at a bar, hot girls that make it cozy and close to nature is what makes it great here. :)
About 15 westerners in total here that party together sometimes. There is not the " I didn`t see you look" in the eyes when passing another foreigner. Makes a welcome change. You can make plently of Japanese friends here and they show you around and teach you the Guchi-ben. I don`t have to wear a suit to work. No-one cares if I do a crazy beard or moustache either. lol

Monkeynuts
Jaded Veteran
Jaded Veteran
Location: Sitting comfortably,watching the evil empire's demise and resurrection.

Re:

Unread post by Monkeynuts » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:03 am

nigerian_nampa wrote:
redpower wrote: Around 10 years ago a police car was doing its late night patrol when the coppers saw a oriental woman banging on the door of the tourist information centre (Torquay is the Miyazaki of England). The woman was Japanese and spoke very little English. The police took her to the station and called the Japanese Embassy in London. It turns out that she had flown from Narita to Heathrow and asked someone how she should get to "Torquay". She was directed to a train and arrived in Torquay in the afternoon. She then spent hours trying to find her hotel and could not find it. Her hotel was the Hotel Istanbul in Turkey!!! She had mistaken the English Channel for the Bhosphorus and thought the 3 hour train journey across Western Europe was a "bit fast". It was all sorted out and she flew to Turkey the next day.
That's more unbelievable than the Japanese couple who walked straight into the siege of Bethlehem, oblivious to all the Israeli tanks, craters, and bullet-pocked buildings. "The map says it's this way! C'mon!"
Let's not forget Shosei Koda,the poor bastard who was beheaded in Iraq. I'm in Fukuoka and he was from this neck of the woods. According to the press he turned up in Iraq because "he wanted to know what is happening there". I couldn't believe someone could be so foolish and naive as to go and visit Iraq while there's a war on;his name will always be a reminder to me of the scope of human credulity. Still,RIP.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3968709.stm
If staffs smile,students will smile,teachers will smile,and visitors will smile. And then we will always achieve our targets!!