Where do you live?

For topics not directly related to eikaiwa.
Forum rules
The basic forum rules are here :wink: . Refer to the BBCode Guide for information on using BBCode tags, plus this post about additional tags for embedding video.

Where do you live?

Greater Tokyo
31%
Kansai
29%
Nagoya & Tokai
10%
Kyushu - Okinawa
4%
Hiroshima / Chugoku
5%
Tohoku - Hokkaido
6%
Shikoku
2%
Hokuriku
1%
Bum-f*ck nowhere
12%

Total votes: 165

MacGyver
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread post by MacGyver » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:26 am

redpower wrote:Torquay is the Miyazaki of England

Not sure what you mean. Are you saying that Torquay is bumfuck? Its the only thing I can think of that you mean. If so, why Miyazaki? There are other places that are more bumfack than Miyazaki and when I here Miyazaki, bumfuck doesn't pop into my head as it would if someone mentioned say Aomori.
"Yous guys talk a lotta shit. I'm much more smarter than all a yous." - Samurai Jerk after being owned by the Let's Japan crew.

redpower
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread post by redpower » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:45 am

Torquay is a very touristy coastal town. It is famed for its, relative to the rest of England, warm climate. Miyazaki is also a touristy town and I imagine it is warmer than many parts of Japan. Of all the places I visited in Japan Miyazaki is the most like Torquay.
1977,1978.1981.1984 AND 2005!

MacGyver
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread post by MacGyver » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:52 am

Ah I see. :wink:
"Yous guys talk a lotta shit. I'm much more smarter than all a yous." - Samurai Jerk after being owned by the Let's Japan crew.

BakaMike
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread post by BakaMike » Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:18 pm

Currently UK, back to Nagoya in a couple of weeks.

And Barten if you're arranging a beer drinking session you can count me in! :cheers:
"By 9pm on Saturdays I felt like a stick of Juicy Fruit in a ten kid family." - Chris on the joys of working at GEOS:

barten
Weaver of Tales
Weaver of Tales

Unread post by barten » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:51 pm

Nagoya drinks is a must. Some weekend in March??
Who isn't drunk at 3 o'clock in the morning? So we get stiff once in a while. This is a free country isn't it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I want to buy it a drink, that's my business.

BakaMike
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread post by BakaMike » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:20 am

Sounds great but can we make it the end of March coz I'll be on Hols and will have had a chance to settle in to "The Nag" before doing the social.
"By 9pm on Saturdays I felt like a stick of Juicy Fruit in a ten kid family." - Chris on the joys of working at GEOS:

nigerian_nampa
LJ Sharpshooter
LJ Sharpshooter

Unread post by nigerian_nampa » Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:14 pm

redpower wrote:Around 10 years ago a police car was doing its late night patrol when the coppers saw a oriental woman banging on the door of the tourist information centre (Torquay is the Miyazaki of England). The woman was Japanese and spoke very little English. The police took her to the station and called the Japanese Embassy in London. It turns out that she had flown from Narita to Heathrow and asked someone how she should get to "Torquay". She was directed to a train and arrived in Torquay in the afternoon. She then spent hours trying to find her hotel and could not find it. Her hotel was the Hotel Istanbul in Turkey!!! She had mistaken the English Channel for the Bhosphorus and thought the 3 hour train journey across Western Europe was a "bit fast". It was all sorted out and she flew to Turkey the next day.

That's more unbelievable than the Japanese couple who walked straight into the siege of Bethlehem, oblivious to all the Israeli tanks, craters, and bullet-pocked buildings. "The map says it's this way! C'mon!"

allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

Unread post by allblacks » Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:17 am

Still in NZ...Doin' me masters in Japanese...
Donald Trump "You know what Uranium does? Lots of things, nuclear and like lots of things."

barten
Weaver of Tales
Weaver of Tales

Unread post by barten » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:29 pm

You poor fucker.... Is aid getting that far or should we send round some kind of box??
Who isn't drunk at 3 o'clock in the morning? So we get stiff once in a while. This is a free country isn't it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I want to buy it a drink, that's my business.

juggernaut
Fresh & Minty
Fresh & Minty

Unread post by juggernaut » Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:47 pm

Vancouver, B.C, Canada but a proud former resident of Hamamatsu city, Shizuoka ken

ripslyme
Eikaiwa Lifer
Eikaiwa Lifer

Unread post by ripslyme » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:20 am

juggernaut wrote:Vancouver, B.C, Canada but a proud former resident of Hamamatsu city, Shizuoka ken

Hamamatsu!! Natsukashii! Zaza City and Sakanamachi-dori are fun little places. :D
all this negative energy just makes me [b]stronger[/b]

juggernaut
Fresh & Minty
Fresh & Minty

Unread post by juggernaut » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:56 am

Hamamatsu!! Natsukashii! Zaza City and Sakanamachi-dori are fun little places. :D
[/quote]

wonder if we've ever met? I like Yurakugai myself.

kunikun
Yummy Mummy
Yummy Mummy

Unread post by kunikun » Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:49 pm

Just read through this properly. I'm just up the road from Skweekah!
I quite like Saitama-shi. Quiet but still some bars and restaurants nearby, lots of shopping only 30mins from Shinjuku but 3LDK for 7万.

I used to live in Yono. The cheapest station in the area, therefore a hub of NOVA apartments. Urawa is fine for me. Even Yono seemed good after 3 years in Mie Prefecture!

sirwanksalot
Masturbateur
Masturbateur

Unread post by sirwanksalot » Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:28 pm

In Japan I lived in Toyohashi. I'm back in Jesusland now.

____NIKU_________________

Unread post by ____NIKU_________________ » Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:01 pm

Kisarazu. It's in Chiba-ken. Population.... well, let's see... there's me. And probably a couple other guys. That's about it.

So lonely

Edogaijin
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread post by Edogaijin » Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:21 pm

niku wrote:Kisarazu. It's in Chiba-ken. Population.... well, let's see... there's me. And probably a couple other guys. That's about it.

So lonely

How do you Kiss a razoo?

I have a friend in Kisarazu as well...

Takes forever to drive there...at least you can get across the peninsular to the Pacific if you have a car...
Been to Mutha, Boku Joe?

nigerian_nampa
LJ Sharpshooter
LJ Sharpshooter

Unread post by nigerian_nampa » Wed May 11, 2005 2:42 am

Come on, Stunt, keep posting! Don't waste a handle as cool as that! :D

____NIKU_________________

Unread post by ____NIKU_________________ » Sat May 14, 2005 11:17 am

Well it looks like I might be getting a new job (no more teaching english!) and moving to Tokyo. O_O

Now all I have to do is find somewhere to live.

valve-bouncer

Unread post by valve-bouncer » Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:18 am

Barth_Simpson wrote:In the mountains and by the sea...That narrows it down a bit! :lol:

Hyogo by any chance :roll:

waynemac
Fresh & Minty
Fresh & Minty

Unread post by waynemac » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:32 am

Down here in Fukuoka City. Previously was in Miyazaki, and Hakuba, Nagano before that.

Damn! I hate that pic of Dave the Hasselhoff...or whoever its spelt.

sirwanksalot
Masturbateur
Masturbateur

Unread post by sirwanksalot » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:00 pm

waynemac wrote:Down here in Fukuoka City. Previously was in Miyazaki, and Hakuba, Nagano before that.

Damn! I hate that pic of Dave the Hasselhoff...or whoever its spelt.

David Hasslehoff is god in Germany. That guy could get laid with any woman he wants and he can shred on a surfboard. Oh I forgot he drives a real cool talking car as well. TOP THAT!!!!

waynemac
Fresh & Minty
Fresh & Minty

Unread post by waynemac » Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:31 am

Yeah, he did have a real cool car. Well, I thought it was cool when I was a lad watching Nightrider.

Off topic, but dont you think his smile is a littel sus? I showed the gif to my girlfriend and her first reaction was that he may be able to pull the chix, but is probably being pulled by the lads too.

I hope this isnt trolling but I searched the web and found this...

http://b3ta.com/challenge/hasselhoff/page1.htm

If nothing else its a little bit of entertainment for anyone bored in Japan or have nothing to do during a typhoon.

If Im trolling then please let me know and I'll rip it down.

Wayno :D