Where do you live?

For topics not directly related to eikaiwa.
Forum rules
The basic forum rules are here :wink: . Refer to the BBCode Guide for information on using BBCode tags, plus this post about additional tags for embedding video.

Where do you live?

Greater Tokyo
31%
Kansai
29%
Nagoya & Tokai
10%
Kyushu - Okinawa
4%
Hiroshima / Chugoku
5%
Tohoku - Hokkaido
6%
Shikoku
2%
Hokuriku
1%
Bum-f*ck nowhere
12%

Total votes: 165

Haywood Jablome
Enthusiastic Newbie
Enthusiastic Newbie

Re: Where do you live?

Unread post by Haywood Jablome » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:24 pm

Shosei Koda
needs to be nominated for a Darwin Award.
Ordinary people do fucked-up things when fucked-up things become ordinary.

sampler
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Re: Re:

Unread post by sampler » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:37 pm

Monkeynuts wrote:
nigerian_nampa wrote:
redpower wrote: Around 10 years ago a police car was doing its late night patrol when the coppers saw a oriental woman banging on the door of the tourist information centre ( .......... Her hotel was the Hotel Istanbul in Turkey!!! She had mistaken the English Channel for the Bhosphorus and thought the 3 hour train journey across Western Europe was a "bit fast". It was all sorted out and she flew to Turkey the next day.
That's more unbelievable than the Japanese couple who walked straight into the siege of Bethlehem, oblivious to all the Israeli tanks, craters, and bullet-pocked buildings. "The map says it's this way! C'mon!"
Let's not forget Shosei Koda,the poor bastard who was beheaded in Iraq. I'm in Fukuoka and he was from this neck of the woods. According to the press he turned up in Iraq because "he wanted to know what is happening there". I couldn't believe someone could be so foolish and naive as to go and visit Iraq while there's a war on;his name will always be a reminder to me of the scope of human credulity. Still,RIP.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3968709.stm
How about this. He wanted to go to Sydney Australia but ended up in Sidney Canada!- It's not just the Japanese..

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16389973/

allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

Unread post by allblacks » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:09 am

I remember this Koda guy. It made the news in NZ. He apparently told his English teacher at his English school in Auckers that he wanted to go to Iraq. You just have to wonder why.
Donald Trump "You know what Uranium does? Lots of things, nuclear and like lots of things."

sampler
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread post by sampler » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:05 pm

allblacks wrote:...... he wanted to go to Iraq. You just have to wonder why.
If you remember the old Quest lesson "The theif of Baghdad" lesson it might shed some light on the whole sorry story.

kaminari

Unread post by kaminari » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:27 pm

I reisde in Kansai.

fulano

Unread post by fulano » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:18 pm

Oriental_Chairboy wrote:One of the things I liked about Big Daikon is that you get people relating their experiences from all over Japan, from Hokkaido to Toyama, to Tottori and Kagoshima.

LJ seems like a more Tokyo-Osaka crowd, but I could be wrong. Am I?
nagasaki participants........

AmishChief
Hopeless Drone
Hopeless Drone

Unread post by AmishChief » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:56 am

Nagoya, if the avatar wasn't an obvious enough hint. I'm curious as to how many Aichi posters are still around (whether current or ex-residents.)

stinkbomb
Jaded Veteran
Jaded Veteran

Unread post by stinkbomb » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:50 pm

Ummmm pointless thread.
Anyone.....?

ex_sensei
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread post by ex_sensei » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:41 am

I live in Tokyo. In the Yamanote line. (not on)
[i]Ex_Sensei has left GCOM, and is now working for the competition.[/i]

Touchstone
Hopeless Drone
Hopeless Drone

Unread post by Touchstone » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:13 am

I live opposite a Girl's High School in Kanagawa. It's awful, especially during Physical Education classes. Strange how I always seem to be at home during those times. :twisted:
"There is in every village a torch - the teacher; and an extinguisher - the clergyman"

Victor Hugo

steki47

Unread post by steki47 » Mon May 12, 2008 5:22 pm

Touchstone wrote:I live opposite a Girl's High School in Kanagawa. It's awful, especially during Physical Education classes. Strange how I always seem to be at home during those times. :twisted:
I live next to an elementary school. The students are cute, but not THAT kind of cute. BTW, how's Kanagawa? Saw a lot of ALT jobs listed around there. Mostly Yokosuka.

sirwanksalot
Masturbateur
Masturbateur

Unread post by sirwanksalot » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:44 pm

Touchstone wrote:I live opposite a Girl's High School in Kanagawa. It's awful, especially during Physical Education classes. Strange how I always seem to be at home during those times. :twisted:

If you have not acted on it yet you are a future child molester.

Jennifer
Enthusiastic Newbie
Enthusiastic Newbie

Unread post by Jennifer » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:47 am

I used to live in Hakodate, in Hokkaido.

Now I'm in Gangwon-do, Korea. I was born here, and I grew up in California.

But I want to go back to Japan.
"Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier." -- Mother Theresa

japansmith

Unread post by japansmith » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:22 am

sirwanksalot wrote:
If you have not acted on it yet you are a future child molester.
I don't see the problem with 'admiring' young girls/boys. Someone beautiful is beautiful whether five years old or 75. Of course only the derranged or mentally ill would do something terrible enough as linking it to something sexual and then try and do something about it (which I obviously don't condone). But research suggests that parents who 'openly' admire (although I'd have to check how fare and what exactly openly admire includes....) their children tend to have more stable and self-confident children. It would make sense, because the kid is kind of practicing for when they are older and scouting real prospects..
I know you meant it tongue in cheek, but some people do tend to jump on the "You made a reference to kids!!! You MUST be a child-molestor!!!".
On another note, I'm all for watching high-school girls doing PhysEd especially when it's something like volleyball or the trampoline....

T.D.
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread post by T.D. » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:46 am

Formerly from Yokkaichi and Nagoya

blackpassenger
Fresh & Minty
Fresh & Minty

Unread post by blackpassenger » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:12 pm

Nishinomiya in Hyogo-ken. When i first arrived, i lived in the countryside in Kansai (cant mention the name, as I wrote about my experiences there.), but after a year moved to Nishinomiya.

strongbad
Eikaiwa Lifer
Eikaiwa Lifer

Unread post by strongbad » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:58 am

Holy fuck. YOU'RE THAT GUY. :willnilly:

I'd never heard of you until someone in work mentioned you sent your book to her book club. Classy title, btw.

Jayce

Unread post by Jayce » Fri May 07, 2010 9:53 am

Hello guys,

Long time lurker, but I just got around to registering. This site's cool.

I used to live in Japan for a few years. I live on the East Coast now.

Have a great day.

Kuronama
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread post by Kuronama » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:16 pm

I live with some psychopaths! thats where I live...

Currently Im living in Oakhouse in the Tokyo area, like Sakura House but a smaller version. There are a number of other people living here, and its a 3 story place. When I left Nova last year, I seriously thought I wouldnt have to deal much with the crazies anymore - boy was I wrong! Turned out some crazy lives right next to us on the third floor! and he needs the gaijin in the house to be pulling teeth and starting every possible conversation in the house - oh, how eikaiwa-like...

Anyway, last night, me, my girlfriend, this OZ dude and this J-guy were hangin out in the common area, chattin, and this clown (some J-dude fukwit) comes along and starts cookin - instant ramen again, what a surprise.. He then proceeds to go off about how we - particularly my girlfriend and I - never say 'hello'. This is a guy that comes home from work (salaryman) at around 10 each night, comes up stairs, says 'otsukaresamadesu' then heads to his room till 1 AM, which is when he usually cooks his ramen dinner, and never hangs out in the common area. So his anti social ass got all immature and decided to call the house manager on his cell AT MIDNIGHT! Then my girlfriend gets on the phone then afterwards there was a discussion between them and the other cool J-guy that often hangs out in IS NORMAL. The guy immediately got in even more of a state and went upstairs and slammed his door! AND THEN... my girlfriend tells me later that one of the things hes complainin about is that WE SPEND TOO MUCH TIME IN THE COMMON ROOM!! WTF?! So we apparently dont talk to him enough because the guys sits in his room all nite, but then says we spend too much time together in the common area! Somebody has ISSUES! I kept my cool (as hard as it was) last nite and just didnt really pay much attention, since the guy was goin off entirely in rude japanese. I just hope there aint a nutcase :axe: livin next door, seen and heard of enough stories in this country in such a short time to last me a life time - Lindsay Hawker's murderer, Kasumigaseki gassing, Akihabara, crazy student threatenting to kill a teacher last year at work, not to mention the daily suicides in this city posted outside the Koban each and everyday, to name only a few...

Edogaijin
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread post by Edogaijin » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:24 pm

Jayce wrote:Hello guys,

Long time lurker, but I just got around to registering. This site's cool.

I used to live in Japan for a few years. I live on the East Coast now.

Have a great day.
Kenya?

mandangaman
Frustrated Realist
Frustrated Realist

Unread post by mandangaman » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:10 pm

Sugimotocho
On the notoriously bad JR Hanwa line
ABs - what do you think of the Hanwa line?
If I ever feel homesick for England - almost never - I wait for a Hanwa or Loop line train

allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

Unread post by allblacks » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:52 pm

mandangaman wrote:Sugimotocho
On the notoriously bad JR Hanwa line
ABs - what do you think of the Hanwa line?
If I ever feel homesick for England - almost never - I wait for a Hanwa or Loop line train
The JR Hanwa line is amazing. Bossy fuckheads telling the public what to do while they are constantly late. :bang:
Donald Trump "You know what Uranium does? Lots of things, nuclear and like lots of things."

bostonaussie
Jaded Veteran
Jaded Veteran

Unread post by bostonaussie » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:17 pm

yep in Korea for now.
formerly of Ota city, Gunma
Yamashina, Kyoto
Hirakata, Osaka.

Ganapoes

Unread post by Ganapoes » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:55 pm