Hospital experiences in Japan

For topics not directly related to eikaiwa.
Forum rules
The basic forum rules are here :wink: . Refer to the BBCode Guide for information on using BBCode tags, plus this post about additional tags for embedding video.
allblacks

Hospital experiences in Japan

Unread post by allblacks » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:33 am

I am starting this thread because I'm currently admitted due to appendicitis. I'm in a private hospital near my home and the experience has been great.
Been on several drips and it looks like I might not need the operation they first said I would definitely require.

Nurses and doctors all really professional here. No big nose comments or anything like that.

It does help that years ago my wife worked here in the front office. They all remember her.

There's some tv thing here that requires a pre paid card from some machine. Screw that. I'll just get my lap top and some headphones. Watch game of thrones season six again from beginning to end. Lol

ShonaiBen
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Re: Hospital experiences in Japan

Unread post by ShonaiBen » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:43 pm

I was in the hospital for 10 days about 10 years ago.Sick as fuck with pneumonia.Thought I was a goner actually.
The doc at the hospital was top notch.Including all the nurses etc.
Adequate eye candy to pass the time away.It was all good.
Fuck j-TV.
Shit Sticks to the Wall.........

senseiman
9 miles of bad road
9 miles of bad road

Unread post by senseiman » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:25 pm

Hope you get out soon!

Never been admitted myself (closest was a broken elbow, but everything was out patient). My wife had an extended stay due to pregnancy related complications once.

Everything was great except that god damned prepaid card for the TV. I bought one for her so she wouldn't be bored in the day, but the TV next to her bed didn't work so it was wasted.

Other than that I kind of have fond memories of the time, I would bring puzzles and other stuff in to kill time with her during the visiting hours.
祇園精舎の鐘の聲、諸行無常の響あり。娑羅雙樹の花の色、盛者必衰のことわりをあらはす。おごれる人も久しからず、唯春の夜の夢のごとし。たけき者も遂にほろびぬ、偏に風の前の塵に同じ。

allblacks

Unread post by allblacks » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:56 pm

Broken elbow? That would have hurt. Can't imagine pneumonia.

They just changed my drip again for some other shit. I'm not allowed to eat probably until tomorrow. Guts are rumbling like a mother fucker!

At the moment the lj thread on Trumpy is keeping me amused!

Shawn
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: At Mitch & Murray, holding on to the good leads and preparing sets of steak knives

Unread post by Shawn » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:34 pm

Still in the hospital, ABs?
I thought appendicitis had to be treated with surgery. You're only taking medicine for this?

allblacks

Unread post by allblacks » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:20 pm

Yeah I'm still in. They seem to think I don't need the operation mate

Hoping to be out by Friday.

senseiman
9 miles of bad road
9 miles of bad road

Unread post by senseiman » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:30 pm

Well at least you'll be out just in time for the weekend!
祇園精舎の鐘の聲、諸行無常の響あり。娑羅雙樹の花の色、盛者必衰のことわりをあらはす。おごれる人も久しからず、唯春の夜の夢のごとし。たけき者も遂にほろびぬ、偏に風の前の塵に同じ。

allblacks

Unread post by allblacks » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:32 pm

Jesus Christ. Here's comes more horse and carts. As if the last 12 hours the toilet hasn't suffered enough abuse.

Shawn
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: At Mitch & Murray, holding on to the good leads and preparing sets of steak knives

Unread post by Shawn » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:13 pm

You'll have been in there a week and nothing more than meds and IV? Beats going under the knife I guess.

allblacks

Unread post by allblacks » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:10 pm

Yeah. And I discovered something interesting... The guy next to me is named 前 忍.

Any guesses as to the reading?

Shawn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Shawn » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:23 pm

Ask him? First name is probably Shinobu, but who knows how to read his last name? Mae? Zen?

allblacks

Unread post by allblacks » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:54 pm

Bingo mate. Mae San. Very interesting. Never hear that name eh

Shawn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Shawn » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:35 am

Do I get a cookie? The strangest name I heard was over a PA broadcast at a mall. They were looking for a Mr/Ms Unkou-san. :rotfl: What an unfortunate name!

And then there are the ateji kanji. How would you read 一さん?
Turns out it was Ni no mae. :mrgreen: Somebody had sense of humor!

allblacks

Unread post by allblacks » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:47 am

Just got told I can have food again but it's all controlled.

I'm not eating misoshiru or rice if they think that's happening they can guess again. Haven't eaten rice in years and I'm not starting now.

I'm out of here Friday I've decided.

allblacks

Unread post by allblacks » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:32 pm

This hospital has been great but now I am starting to worry about the final bill. You know how it is. My wife is a bit huffy cos I said Friday arvo was when I wanted to be discharged and she's not used to being assertive at all.

allblacks

Unread post by allblacks » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:42 pm

Ok so first unpleasant experience here at this hospital. They asked me to change rooms due to someone needing to be closer to nursing station. I was cooperative and did that. The last two days my drips have ended at just before ten and I've gotten fairly good sleep but tonight due to whatever reason the nurse came in and started a new one just now. It's 1040 pm and it will take another half an hour to finish.

I'm buggered due to the no food thing and I just got woken up when I was just about to drift off. Not easy to do when you have a needle in your arm.

So Fuck you bitch for that one.

And it's like one of the nurses bf is in the bed next to me. They are in there whispering and laughing right now. Wtf!
I don't get it.

Posted in the other thread but the guy next to me has some Fucking machine that makes a really high pitched noise right next to my head every ten minutes. It's too loud and I know I'm not getting any sleep at all tonight.
They can't/won't move me to another room.

This ruins it for me.

allblacks

Unread post by allblacks » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:33 am

The shit hit the fan last night.

Same exact bf gf thing was going on for hours. She was in there for at least two hours between 7 and 10 pm and they were laughing and talking etc the whole time.

Then at around 10:30 she came out and tended to two other guys here before coning into my curtained off room.
Time management goes out the widow when you waste so much time doing the bf gf thing. Why the fuck should I have to put up with more drip after 11 pm because of this shit?

I went down to the nurses station and told them what I thought of that shit and refused the goddam drip as well. It would have taken me another hour and a half to get to sleep.

This room I got moved to has been nothing but a pain in the arse. I should have refused to begin with.

In The Know
Cassandra
Cassandra

Unread post by In The Know » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:44 am

allblacks wrote:The shit hit the fan last night. I went down to the nurses station and told them what I thought of that shit and refused the goddam drip as well. It would have taken me another hour and a half to get to sleep. This room I got moved to has been nothing but a pain in the arse. I should have refused to begin with.
:haha: Fucking-A, ABs. You are an entertaining fellow when you get wound up. :lol:

Sorry for your misery, but you obviously did the right thing by speaking your mind to the nurses' staff manager. Frankly, I'm surprised this sort of behavior was going on with the staff in Japan. I thought, being Japanese, they'd be all about professionalism, quiet dedication to duty, and diligence. I was wrong.

Hope you're out and home soon. :luck:

allblacks

Unread post by allblacks » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:20 am

Thanks for the reply. Can't wait to get out of here this arvo. Doctor should be here soon. See what happens

Shawn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Shawn » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:07 am

In other news, ABs re-admitted to hospital for high blood pressure...

allblacks

Unread post by allblacks » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:28 am

I'm getting out this morning. Phew. Noisy Fucking idiots