NHK 2017 thread

For topics not directly related to eikaiwa.
Forum rules
The basic forum rules are here :wink: . Refer to the BBCode Guide for information on using BBCode tags, plus this post about additional tags for embedding video.
allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

NHK 2017 thread

Unread post by allblacks » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:00 am

Well... I just had them come around twice. The first time I was at work and didn't notice but they left a card. Then about half an hour ago they came back.

The exchange was as follows

"I'm from NHK"
"Please leave"

He did.

I saw a video on YouTube recently where a guy said you should only say two words to them "okaeri kudasai"
Apparently if they don't leave you can call the cops on them and they must arrest them for trespass. Not kidding!
I'll find it and post it soon.
Donald Trump "You know what Uranium does? Lots of things, nuclear and like lots of things."

allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

Re: NHK 2017 thread

Unread post by allblacks » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:07 pm

No bites? Damn. Quiet bunch aren't ya all!
Donald Trump "You know what Uranium does? Lots of things, nuclear and like lots of things."

Shawn
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: At Mitch & Murray, holding on to the good leads and preparing sets of steak knives

Unread post by Shawn » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:14 pm

NHK hasn't been around my place in ages. Didn't they cut back or stop house-to-house fee collection a few years back? If the public has to fund them, then do it one of two ways: Fully fund them in the annual budget or impose an NHK tax on all TVs at the point of purchase. :sad:

allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

Unread post by allblacks » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:33 pm

Don't give them ideas! Next thing you know they will do that!

As far as I know, they hadn't been here since 2012. I'll find that video and post it tonight.

The guy bangs on about other shit to start with but at around 4 min 55 secs he gives good advice.

https://youtu.be/JZW3LJ_QWiE

It's all in Japanese but telling NHK to leave is key. As he states they can be arrested for trespass if they don't go.

scanman
Enthusiastic Newbie
Enthusiastic Newbie

Unread post by scanman » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:19 am

Haven't had any NHK reps knocking on our door. Mind you, we don't watch or listen to NHK. Got satellite TV system which has a couple of Japanese news channels as well as CNN and BBC.

allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

Unread post by allblacks » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:37 pm

That's good. Hopefully they don't come and annoy you. Recently there's been even more bs about their staff doing dodgy shit.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2017/0 ... IQ3zSemrqA

allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

Unread post by allblacks » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:34 pm

Bump!

Just got a letter from NHK saying that I must sign a contract with them asap. "Please fill in your details and return them to us by Nov 26th."
Put it straight in the bin! Since coming back to Japan in early 2006, I have refused to make a contract with them. After the last visit, I reckon they know I know the tresspass law stuff: hence the letter. (I say letter but there was no stamp and was not addressed to me personally.)

Anyone else seen these people lately? Any contact?

lordCONAN
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread post by lordCONAN » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:17 pm

I had a lady come round recently. My wife answered the intercom, and then changed it over to me. I told the lady we don't have a tv, and I only use my pc, she asked if my pc had a tuner card in it, which it doesn't, she then asked what phones we had (iphones, which can't receive broadcasts). Then she left.

If our plans to build a house actually eventuate, I plan to pay once I have my own place, but for now, meh.