A Four day trip to Okinawa.

For topics not directly related to eikaiwa.
Forum rules
The basic forum rules are here :wink: . Refer to the BBCode Guide for information on using BBCode tags, plus this post about additional tags for embedding video.
sirwanksalot
Masturbateur
Masturbateur

A Four day trip to Okinawa.

Unread post by sirwanksalot » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:18 pm

Okinawa island. A group of my Hawaiian friends have rented an Airbb beach house and two cars. I'm going to catch up. Anybody recommend any must see places or activities?

In The Know
Cassandra
Cassandra

Re: A Four day trip to Okinawa.

Unread post by In The Know » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:27 am

Two words: beach house. That's where I'd stay and spend the whole vacation!

14 years ago I took a "package tour" to Okinawa with my J-gf. What a joke and a mistake. We got dragged around to all the trinket and omiyage shops and boring tourist trap "sights to see." I've taken these crappy "package tours" before and I always regret them. The gf is Japanese and she likes to book them because "You save a lot of money!" so I go along with her, but....
So, stay on the beach, get in the water, and drink. Having spent three days "touring" Okinawa I can't say there is much to see. This is just my opinion based on experience. I generally prefer communing with nature over traipsing through the urban jungle.

MacGyver
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Re: A Four day trip to Okinawa.

Unread post by MacGyver » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:30 am

The old J army navy base. The memorial and museum by the sea (sorry the name escapes me). The J girls school (nursing school?) that got caught up in the war (again, name escapes me but both can be found fairly with a search I'm sure). Kokusai Dori and the markets of course. The aquarium up north I hear is good but I never got that far on my trips. Don't bother with the pineapple park if you had considered it. Waste of time and money. There is a roadhouse where you can watch US fighters take off and land from Kadena. It's just over the road and they have a viewing platform on the 2nd floor. If that's your thing though. A bit dull if you're not into it.
"Yous guys talk a lotta shit. I'm much more smarter than all a yous." - Samurai Jerk after being owned by the Let's Japan crew.