My Number

For topics not directly related to eikaiwa.
Forum rules
The basic forum rules are here :wink: . Refer to the BBCode Guide for information on using BBCode tags, plus this post about additional tags for embedding video.
steki47

Re: My Number

Unread post by steki47 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:49 pm

My company had a presentation explaining My Number to us. It sounds like a Social Security number in the US. It could be useful for those who change companies and can streamline pension, unemployment processing. Sounds good to me.

OTOH:
1. You shouldn't show your number to anyone. Unless you have to show it to people (banks, employers).
2. The gov't reassures us that it will be safe. But warns of hacking/stealing your number.
None of this sounds good to me.

I still haven't received mine yet.

Shawn
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: At Mitch & Murray, holding on to the good leads and preparing sets of steak knives

Unread post by Shawn » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:37 pm

I've seen news reports of My Number scams already and the all of the cards have yet to be delivered. :( I only received mine just last week. Looked at it and filed it away.

allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

Unread post by allblacks » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:18 pm

I just got mine. It says the wrong thing in my residency status so I called the number they included in the delivered letter. They do not know anything about the contents and just rudely told me to talk to city hall.

Dont call them guys. They know nothing.
Donald Trump "You know what Uranium does? Lots of things, nuclear and like lots of things."