WWIII Fantasy Version 1.0

For topics not directly related to eikaiwa.
Forum rules
The basic forum rules are here :wink: . Refer to the BBCode Guide for information on using BBCode tags, plus this post about additional tags for embedding video.
steki47

Re: WWIII Fantasy Version 1.0

Unread post by steki47 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:53 pm

bmore wrote: How would the US, which has its Monroe Doctrine, feel about Russia fomenting revolutions in Mexico or Canada?
They flipped out when the Soviets were supporting Cuba back in the day.

I'm still baffled how and why the US feels it has any interests or reason to get involved in Russia/Ukraine's problems. Stay far away.

Meanwhile, Russian news documents American attacks on China:
http://rt.com/op-edge/china-constructio ... jects-342/

And fuck Israel.

sirwanksalot
Masturbateur
Masturbateur

Unread post by sirwanksalot » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:25 pm

steki47 wrote: And fuck Israel.

I like you more every day.

MacGyver
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread post by MacGyver » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:10 pm

steki47 wrote:They flipped out when the Soviets were supporting Cuba back in the day.
Indeed. Closest the world ever came to a nuclear war was the Cuban missile crisis.
steki47 wrote:I'm still baffled how and why the US feels it has any interests or reason to get involved in Russia/Ukraine's problems.
I'm sure this is a rhetorical question but let me answer it anyway (at least let me throw my opinion out there) :wink:

Cause it plays well at home. Look at the Republicans going bat shit crazy that, in their view, Obama is not strong enough and isn't sending a strong enough message. Many Americans, especially those on the right, think that the US is and should be the world police and hence needs to show its strength at all times. American exceptionalism you lot call it :lol: Ties in nicely with Republicans going bat shit crazy that Obama is cutting military spending even though they are against all govt spending. With the exception of spending on the military that is. How convenient :wink:
"Yous guys talk a lotta shit. I'm much more smarter than all a yous." - Samurai Jerk after being owned by the Let's Japan crew.

steki47

Unread post by steki47 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:10 pm

Yeah, Mac, was being rhetorical. Or maybe just logical. Bad habit of mine.

The Reps getting angry at Obama seems to be two birds here. Cold War era anger at Russia plus another chance to shit on Obama. The Reps think this may help their cause. Personally, I wonder if contemporary Americans generally want another war, hot or cold. The Millenials don't remember or care about the old Soviet Scare.

I also hope many Americans realize that they have bigger domestic problems. Although a war overseas may be a decent distraction.

Again, I have no strong animosity towards Putin or Russia and would rather let them settle their own problems.

steki47

Unread post by steki47 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:11 pm

Langslave wrote:I think there's a lot of "do as I say but not as I do" attached to it.
Yeah, but we're the good guys! :eyes:

Junken Master
Hopeless Drone
Hopeless Drone

Unread post by Junken Master » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:35 am

Things getting heated again in Eastern Ukraine.

Ukraine govt was supposed to be storming the govt buildings and police stations today, but nothing has happened as yet.

Will they let the Russian's take over the whole lot without a fight? Seems to be a no-win situation for anyone apart from the Russians.

Next 2/3 days are going to be interesting....

Junken Master
Hopeless Drone
Hopeless Drone

Unread post by Junken Master » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:06 am

Lots going on in the world at the moment.

Russian bombers intercepted off the coast of South West UK today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31530840

I always thought the South West (I.e. where I live) would be the last place to be taken out. This situation with Russia is getting worse by the moment, and god forbid NATO doesn't arm the Ukrainians or that really would be it. (Talking about defensively arming them at the moment....)

ISIS now establishing themselves and beheading people at will in Libya, with the potential now to board boats as asylum seekers and get into Southern Europe (AKA The Crusader States). People also getting burned alive left-right-and-centre.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-31483631

I've always been against going in guns blazing and sending in boots on the ground but surely something has to be done sometime soon about these Lunatics.

Well what can Britain do anymore anyway - send a few Eurofighters across?

All we need is North Korea to do another Nuke test to complete the set.

steki47

Unread post by steki47 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:59 am

Junken Master wrote:ISIS now establishing themselves and beheading people at will in Libya, with the potential now to board boats as asylum seekers and get into Southern Europe (AKA The Crusader States). People also getting burned alive left-right-and-centre.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-31483631

I've always been against going in guns blazing and sending in boots on the ground but surely something has to be done sometime soon about these Lunatics.

Well what can Britain do anymore anyway - send a few Eurofighters across?
Yeah, ISIS is threatening to send 500,000 people to Europe. Delightful.

Honestly, I was hoping Jordan would take care of this.

PS-I think ISIS will eventually disappear. Either through external force or, highly probable, they will implode due to infighting. Those sorts of revolutionary movements are typically unsustainable in the long run. The French Revolution or the Khmer Rouge come to mind. Later, another group of radical Muslims will emerge and go through the same cycle.

Russia is a solid military power with a cultural and historical grudge. And a decent will to power, it seems. The idea of the US getting involved on a military level honestly scares the shit out of me.