Nags Beer and Food Night(s).

For topics not directly related to eikaiwa.
Forum rules
The basic forum rules are here :wink: . Refer to the BBCode Guide for information on using BBCode tags, plus this post about additional tags for embedding video.
SamhainP8
Dronus japonica
Dronus japonica

Nags Beer and Food Night(s).

Unread post by SamhainP8 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:52 pm

sirwanksalot wrote:I like food and beer and people who like food and beer.
Ding-Ding-Ding! :clap:

I think all would agree we had a blast last run at Yamachan ( :drunk: )so let’s pull our collective fingers out and make something similar happen again soon aye?

The hardest part is always trying to get schedules lined up and at the moment I can do Wed or Thu nights at a stretch, or Sat or Sun nights no problems.

Wanks, Steki, Slave and me from LJ, plus a few wingman along for the ride again I’d hazard a guess. Anyone else in or near the area?

Going to come down to visit the in-laws anytime soon Mac?

Suggestions?

:cheers:
"Do you know how a falcon is trained, my dear? Her eyes are sewn shut. Blinded temporarily, she suffers the whims of her God patiently, until her will is submerged and she learns to serve - as your God taught and blinded you with crosses."

sirwanksalot
Masturbateur
Masturbateur

Re: Nags Beer and Food Night(s).

Unread post by sirwanksalot » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:17 pm

Back in the day we used to go to Hard Rock or some other fine establishment eat and then head straight to the conbini, drink outside and interact with hot passersby. We called it Beer Club. Loosely based on Fight Club with one amendment. instead of first time you must fight it was first time at beer club you mus buy rounds for all of the boys and the occasional girl. We did that for as long as I was in Japan. We sometimes had quite a crowd.

steki47

Unread post by steki47 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:06 pm

sirwanksalot wrote: and then head straight to the conbini, drink outside and interact with hot passersby
Sounds fun but I'd rather sit inside a restaurant/izakaya. Call me a snob.

SamhainP8
Dronus japonica
Dronus japonica

Unread post by SamhainP8 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:46 am

sirwanksalot wrote: and then head straight to the conbini, drink outside and interact with hot passersby
Sounds like a hell of a lot of fun for a bunch of young blokes with ‘Single man in Japan’ syndrome.
steki47 wrote:Sounds fun but I'd rather sit inside a restaurant/izakaya. Call me a snob.
Yeah, unfortunately I think a bunch of 30+ year old married dudes hanging around outside a combini, chugging beers and doing the nampa thing is just sad…. :lol:

So are we going make it happen or what? What night/s suit you dudes :?:
"Do you know how a falcon is trained, my dear? Her eyes are sewn shut. Blinded temporarily, she suffers the whims of her God patiently, until her will is submerged and she learns to serve - as your God taught and blinded you with crosses."

Wage Slave
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread post by Wage Slave » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:39 pm

Weeknights are all likely to be a problem for me. Saturday or Sunday - perhaps even a Sunday lunchtime?
Don't hesitate to spoil the ship for a ha'porth of tar. You'll get credit for saving the ha'penny and someone else will get the blame for losing the ship.

SamhainP8
Dronus japonica
Dronus japonica

Unread post by SamhainP8 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:54 pm

Wage Slave wrote:Weeknights are all likely to be a problem for me. Saturday or Sunday - perhaps even a Sunday lunchtime?
As it's my only day 'off', Penelope won't have a bar of me making plans during the day on Sunday that don't involve her and the SOS.

Sat night would be ideal for me.

steki47

Unread post by steki47 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:41 pm

SamhainP8 wrote:Sat night would be ideal for me.
Yeah, Saturday is best for me. Sept is disappearing quickly, wanna shoot for October?

SamhainP8
Dronus japonica
Dronus japonica

Unread post by SamhainP8 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:51 pm

OK.

In October Saturday the 1st and 15th are booked for me and the 22nd is my birthday so how about the 8th?

steki47

Unread post by steki47 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:56 pm

SamhainP8 wrote:OK.

In October Saturday the 1st and 15th are booked for me and the 22nd is my birthday so how about the 8th?
Yom Kippur? OK, works for me.

SamhainP8
Dronus japonica
Dronus japonica

Unread post by SamhainP8 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:27 pm

???????
Attachments
Iz.png

steki47

Unread post by steki47 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:57 pm

SamhainP8 wrote:???????
Y4000 for Spanish food plus nomihoudai is a pretty good deal. I'm cool with that!

Get a head count and book a table?

SamhainP8
Dronus japonica
Dronus japonica

Unread post by SamhainP8 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:05 pm

steki47 wrote:
Y4000 for Spanish food plus nomihoudai is a pretty good deal. I'm cool with that!

Might be a bit early to book a table but getting a rough head count would help.

Only us two confirmend for Saturday the 8th at this stage right?

Wanks? Slave?

Wage Slave
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread post by Wage Slave » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:30 pm

SamhainP8 wrote:
steki47 wrote:

Might be a bit early to book a table but getting a rough head count would help.

Only us two confirmend for Saturday the 8th at this stage right?

Wanks? Slave?
Good chance but can't confirm yet. :cheers:
Don't hesitate to spoil the ship for a ha'porth of tar. You'll get credit for saving the ha'penny and someone else will get the blame for losing the ship.

steki47

Unread post by steki47 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:34 pm

SamhainP8 wrote:Might be a bit early to book a table but getting a rough head count would help.
Make a rough head count and then add two.

sirwanksalot
Masturbateur
Masturbateur

Unread post by sirwanksalot » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:02 am

Can't commit at the moment but I should be ok with that.

MacGyver
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread post by MacGyver » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:47 pm

Sorry lads no plans to visit SIL and her crew for a while. Actually there is a translation conference going on in Nags in the next month or so so thinking I might be able to talk the wife into attending that. Otherwise that could be me for visits this yr to Nags (catching up with the SIL's crew in Shizuoka in November and then going to Okinawa first week of Dec). Anyway first excuse I get I'll head down and see if you blokes are available at that point. I was down there for a week in March. Should have made more of an effort then but was too busy helping SIL look after her kids....
"Yous guys talk a lotta shit. I'm much more smarter than all a yous." - Samurai Jerk after being owned by the Let's Japan crew.

sirwanksalot
Masturbateur
Masturbateur

Unread post by sirwanksalot » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:43 pm

I'm hungry.

steki47

Unread post by steki47 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:56 pm

I'm thirsty!

SamhainP8
Dronus japonica
Dronus japonica

Unread post by SamhainP8 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:56 pm

Well I just had a big feed and am sucking on a bourbon and dry so I'm content ATM.

Still keen though.

SamhainP8
Dronus japonica
Dronus japonica

Unread post by SamhainP8 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:26 pm

Looks like we will have to wait until Oct to book anything as most of the stuff advertised on Hot Pepper etc. seems to be September Specials(?).

So who have we got?

Steki + 2
Wanks (sounds like you're in)
Me + 1 (possibly 3, same dudes from Yamachan)
WSlave (maybe).

So we're probably looking at about 8 I guess.
I'd like to avoid the cheap and (most probably microwaved) nasty options and don't mind paying a bit more for a good feed to go with the nomihoudai (4,000 - 5,000 I reckon). :cheers:

SamhainP8
Dronus japonica
Dronus japonica

Unread post by SamhainP8 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:33 pm

Oh hang on here's one, shit now I am hungry :drool:
Attachments
Untitled.png

SamhainP8
Dronus japonica
Dronus japonica

Unread post by SamhainP8 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:02 am

Ok so I'm/we're quickly running out of time to get something organised for this Saturday night (the one I really wanted to go to pictured above is booked out and so where another two we tried after that) so I've (read: Penelope has kindly) just taken the liberty of booking a spot for 6 people here and specifically this course.

Any objections?

Meet this Saturday night at 7:15pm sharp at the clocks at the bottom of the escalators in Nagoya station (you know, the place where you used to hook up with all those chicks back in your hay-day).

So far it's only:
Steki
Me
Mutual friend of Steki and I

Wage Slave is a most probably not due to some last minute work that's come up, Wanks hasn't officially confirmed one way or the other as of yet and another mate of mine is still fluffing about as per fucking usual (actually I think he told me but I wasn't listening very well as per fucking usual).

Need an exact number by Friday arvo and once that’s phoned through that’s it (sorry WS no last minute accommodating after all :? ).

:beer: :cheers: :chug: :drunk:

SamhainP8
Dronus japonica
Dronus japonica

Unread post by SamhainP8 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:25 am

Good friends are hard to find (and hold). Managed to have a great night with three though, too bad the joint stiffed us on the last drinks order! Cunts! Good night all in all though IMHOMO. Combini beer with Wanks at Nags station and then a Suntory Highball for the walk home from the Local station :clap:

steki47

Unread post by steki47 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:36 pm

SamhainP8 wrote:Good friends are hard to find (and hold). Managed to have a great night with three though, too bad the joint stiffed us on the last drinks order! Cunts! Good night all in all though IMHOMO. Combini beer with Wanks at Nags station and then a Suntory Highball for the walk home from the Local station :clap:
That was good fun! Next time, I can search and book the place. December works for me.

MacGyver
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread post by MacGyver » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:54 pm

Lads, I'm going to be in Nagoya at my sis-in-laws place for a couple of days at the end of the year (29th - 31st). Not sure I can get out of the house yet but would love to have a drink if I can. Before I go ahead and put in my request for a leave pass with the boss, I thought I better find out if any of you would be available/interested on either the evening of the 29th or 30th? The evening of the 30th works for me as both the 29th and 30th are work days (granted I'll be working remotely so just have to get up and walk over to the PC) although the 29th wouldn't be out of the question. Anyway, let me know if any of you are keen/free. :thumbsup:
"Yous guys talk a lotta shit. I'm much more smarter than all a yous." - Samurai Jerk after being owned by the Let's Japan crew.

SamhainP8
Dronus japonica
Dronus japonica

Unread post by SamhainP8 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:37 pm

I'm booked out with family commitments sorry.

steki47

Unread post by steki47 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:45 pm

I may be available. Either evening.

MacGyver
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread post by MacGyver » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:10 pm

Steki, that's awesome. Made tentative inquiries with the wife and a leave pass is looking good. Keep me posted. Anyone else?

sirwanksalot
Masturbateur
Masturbateur

Unread post by sirwanksalot » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:59 pm

There's a small chance I'd be available. I'd be more available in Toyohashi but I doubt anyone wants to come all the way out here.

MacGyver
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread post by MacGyver » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:55 pm

Just looking at the map and I see what you mean. Toyohashi is quite the inaka! FWIW, my sis-in-law is in Seto, about 30 mins from Nagoya st.