sampler wrote:Wage Slave wrote: It is still 1,000 yen for anywhere in Japan?
I believe that offer ends in June of this year.
1. Should the antenna bit be fitted on the windscreen behind the mirror in all cases or do some models (including mine) fit on front of the dashboard?
2. Where is a good place to take power from if I want to hard wire it in? I have a Honda Fit. The cigar lighter is very close to where the unit is in that picture.
3. Where do the cables run? For the antenna: Under the carpet then up the side of the dash by the door and then (Case 1) Up the doorframe and across the top of the windscreen or (Case 2) to the back of the dashboard and across the bottom of the windscreen?
4. For the power cable it all depends on where power is taken. In my case I suspect the easiest place may well be the back of the cigar lighter so the challenge will be to work out how to get at that. Might need to drill a hole in the fascia somewhere to run the cable but that is easy enough.
5. is the best way to secure the cables to use those nylon clips with double sided tape?
6. I was thinking of mounting the device itself with double sided tape as well. Is there a better way?/A special tape for this?
Apologies for all the questions. I haven't worked around cars much. Houses/flats, offshore oil rigs and bikes yes (a fair bit) but not cars.
allblacks wrote:Apparently they are really strict there. If you go outside the lines they have you get all kindsa shit from the instructors.
Wage Slave wrote:One habit I have noticed here that I haven't seen anywhere else is actually making an effort to speed up in an attempt to deter someone turning right from the opposing direction. I find the mentality behind the last one frankly baffling. It doesn't make a rat's arse of difference to me whether you make your turn or not but I am going to burn a bit of extra petrol just to try and prevent you. Your loss is no gain to me but I will go out of my way to make it happen even if it means taking a risk of a collision.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest