The little questions...

For topics not directly related to eikaiwa.
Forum rules
The basic forum rules are here :wink: . Refer to the BBCode Guide for information on using BBCode tags, plus this post about additional tags for embedding video.
allblacks

Re: The little questions...

Unread post by allblacks » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:37 am

No. It will be something about whaling and how Japan is a cruel nation of animal haters. His young "advisors" will go after that town in Wakayama with the dolphin kull.

AsahiSupaSpy
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread post by AsahiSupaSpy » Tue May 23, 2017 12:27 pm

Any of you had bosozoku problems? It's not a problem yet, but last night one of the fuckers buzzed down our street. I'm hoping it was just chance that he happened to use our road but if it becomes a regular thing, what should I do?

Of course my first instinct is to wait for him one night then have at him with a baseball bat but obviously I know that's not on the cards.

I'd probably call the cops but I don't know how effective that would be.
Do NOT arrest this man.

Shawn
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: At Mitch & Murray, holding on to the good leads and preparing sets of steak knives

Unread post by Shawn » Tue May 23, 2017 2:37 pm

You mean "have." There's nothing you can do. The cops are probably already aware of them. You could try and solve the problem with a baseball bat, but that would only land you in jail. Invest in some good earplugs.

Edogaijin
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread post by Edogaijin » Tue May 23, 2017 8:40 pm

I bought some security cameras a couple of years ago after having tires stolen from the carport. Last year somebody was killed in a hit and run and the cops did a door to door checking the underside of all cars for damage or evidence. The cop asked if I had footage from the camera for the night but I told him I only record when I go away on holidays. He told me to record all the time... (still don't do that ).
When I have the cameras on I can at least see the cat and dog live on my iphone...

BergKatse
Hopeless Drone
Hopeless Drone

Unread post by BergKatse » Wed May 24, 2017 8:52 am

Edogaijin wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 8:40 pm
I bought some security cameras a couple of years ago after having tires stolen from the carport. Last year somebody was killed in a hit and run and the cops did a door to door checking the underside of all cars for damage or evidence. The cop asked if I had footage from the camera for the night but I told him I only record when I go away on holidays. He told me to record all the time... (still don't do that ).
When I have the cameras on I can at least see the cat and dog live on my iphone...
Oooh, timely! Which camera(s) did you buy?
The wife and I want to set up a camera to watch the swallows building a nest under our eaves.

Edogaijin
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread post by Edogaijin » Wed May 31, 2017 12:50 am

I got this one sent out from the States.

https://www.lorextechnology.com/wireles ... 32PK4B-1-p

Costco in Japan sell similar and you can probably buy in Japan now cheap enough.

When I was looking Japan prices were 3 or 4 times the U.S prices. Looks like they have come down a lot since.

BergKatse
Hopeless Drone
Hopeless Drone

Unread post by BergKatse » Wed May 31, 2017 8:52 am

Thanks! I'll look into it.