lifes little greats

For topics not directly related to eikaiwa.
Forum rules
The basic forum rules are here :wink: . Refer to the BBCode Guide for information on using BBCode tags, plus this post about additional tags for embedding video.
scanman
Enthusiastic Newbie
Enthusiastic Newbie

Re: lifes little greats

Unread post by scanman » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:23 pm

The USA beat Japan in the final of the Women's World Cup 5-2 :( :)

AsahiSupaSpy
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread post by AsahiSupaSpy » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:24 am

Although to watch the local news' highlight reel, it appears that Japan won 1-0.
Do NOT arrest this man.

steki47

Unread post by steki47 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:24 pm

AsahiSupaSpy wrote:Although to watch the local news' highlight reel, it appears that Japan won 1-0.
Haha! I watched the morning news and they completely focused on the first goal the Japanese won with that wrestler girl cheering. Gee, I thought they lost. :willnilly:

sirwanksalot
Masturbateur
Masturbateur

Unread post by sirwanksalot » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:02 pm

Did a tachinomi last night and got propositioned by 4 hookers and chatted to and bought drinks for 3 different 20 year old chicks. Way better than sitting in a dingy smoke filled izakaya talking to boring middle aged men.

BergKatse
Hopeless Drone
Hopeless Drone

Unread post by BergKatse » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:39 pm

sirwanksalot wrote:Did a tachinomi last night and got propositioned by 4 hookers and chatted to and bought drinks for 3 different 20 year old chicks. Way better than sitting in a dingy smoke filled izakaya talking to boring middle aged men.
That story had better not end there...

sirwanksalot
Masturbateur
Masturbateur

Unread post by sirwanksalot » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:58 am

BergKatse wrote: That story had better not end there...
Nope that's where the story ends. This was the first time I've gone out since Halloween last year. It was nice to talk to some young women. Something that would not have happened when I was their own age. I guess that me being much older, comfortable in my skin, not giving a fuck and having no intentions makes me safe and approachable. Anyway I'm flattered.

BergKatse
Hopeless Drone
Hopeless Drone

Unread post by BergKatse » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:36 pm

Haha! Good on ya!

inflames
9 miles of bad road
9 miles of bad road

Unread post by inflames » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:39 pm

Whenever I go out I get approached by 40 year olds.

redpower
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread post by redpower » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:53 am

It has been a while since my last post. Have just finished my 9th year of teaching. And it has been a fucking roller coaster. First 4 years I taught Japanese, then my school decided not to teach it. Then a new head teacher arrived who hated my guts and after 6 years in the same school I needed to move on. Got a job teaching Japanese as a supply teacher and even got to lead a 2 week trip to Japan. Got a job at a tough/bonkers school teaching History. School is so bonkers that due to recruitment issues the head of languages was also the head of English and who could not speak any of the foreign languages offered, French and Spanish. Spoke to him about my Japanese teaching skills and turns out he was a Nova drone in a previous life. Next thing you know we are teaching Japanese and Japanese is now a beacon for excellence in the school and from September we will be teaching 130 students Japanese. As they say in Japan. Fucking shinjirarenai
1977,1978.1981.1984 AND 2005!

T.D.
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread post by T.D. » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:02 am

Next thing you know we are teaching Japanese and Japanese is now a beacon for excellence in the school and from September we will be teaching 130 students Japanese. As they say in Japan. Fucking shinjirarenai
Good on ya Redpower! Glad to see you're using your skills! We've focused so much on my wife improving her English in the past 8 years that my Japanese is now complete shit.

Where you living? Sounds like your here in the States am I correct?

redpower
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread post by redpower » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:33 am

Nope, in London, England. It is worth stating that even the Japanese exams taken at 18 are only about JLPT 3 level so teaching is not that demanding in terms of the level of Japanese needed but it can be frustrating explaining to 11 year olds for the umpteenth time that the particle wa is written as ha......

redpower
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread post by redpower » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:31 am

I teach History, but in the past have taught....... English, Geography, ICT, Business Studies, Citizenship and all manner of shit. In the UK, once you have qualified teaching status you can teach whatever you are asked to/or can demonstrate. My school has 2 Japanese teachers, if we had one then there would be enough Japanese teaching to cover half a full time teachers timetable, which is quite a lot. Few teachers ever teach just one subject year in year out. I do know of people who teach only Japanese but these tend to be part timers or have other responsibilities.

MacGyver
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread post by MacGyver » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:16 pm

redpower wrote:I teach History, but in the past have taught....... English, Geography, ICT, Business Studies, Citizenship and all manner of shit. In the UK, once you have qualified teaching status you can teach whatever you are asked to/or can demonstrate. My school has 2 Japanese teachers, if we had one then there would be enough Japanese teaching to cover half a full time teachers timetable, which is quite a lot. Few teachers ever teach just one subject year in year out. I do know of people who teach only Japanese but these tend to be part timers or have other responsibilities.
Interestingly in Oz teachers specialize (for the most part). Rarely do teachers teach outside their field. Certainly our language teachers never taught anything other than their language (Japanese and Italian at my school). Although the Italian teacher was Italian and one of the (two) Japanese teachers was Japanese. Mine happened to be a halvie (I never got the other teacher) who thought her J was shit hot (she was born in Oz and had never lived in Japan for more than a month or so as far as I can remember) and we never, ever got along, and she taught me for 4 years from year 9 to 12. Fark I hated high school. Was glad to be out of that hell hole. Hell hole in the sense that I just never liked the subjects I studied (should never have done physics or chemistry) and the rigid nature of high school. Even though it was public, the school was and still is the top 5 in the state for uni entrance exam results so it is a very good school. Not in the sense of fights or shit facilities or arsehole students or the like.
"Yous guys talk a lotta shit. I'm much more smarter than all a yous." - Samurai Jerk after being owned by the Let's Japan crew.

sirwanksalot
Masturbateur
Masturbateur

Unread post by sirwanksalot » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:12 pm

Hanging out in Torquay, Australia. Surfing and enjoying good food and friends. Will be here for two weeks for those of you who might want to rob my house.

sirwanksalot
Masturbateur
Masturbateur

Unread post by sirwanksalot » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:47 pm

Finally getting a chance to see Slayer! Loud Park 2015! Just got tickets! Got work that day but I'll bribe some other monkey to do it.

sirwanksalot
Masturbateur
Masturbateur

Unread post by sirwanksalot » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:45 pm

Got rear ended while I was stopped at a red light today. The car behind me took the most damage since he was the one directly hit by a land cruiser and was sandwiched between the Land Cruiser and a Hiace. My back door won't open and the bumper probably won't make it through another shaken so the insurance company will probably give me 300,000 for my nearly worthless vehicle. The guy that hit me owns a custom hot rod fabrication shop so he said he'll get his boys to fix my door and I get some $$$! Fucking stoked! Going to buy another POS with that $$.

AsahiSupaSpy
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread post by AsahiSupaSpy » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:24 pm

sirwanksalot wrote:Got rear ended while I was stopped at a red light today. The car behind me took the most damage since he was the one directly hit by a land cruiser and was sandwiched between the Land Cruiser and a Hiace. My back door won't open and the bumper probably won't make it through another shaken so the insurance company will probably give me 300,000 for my nearly worthless vehicle. The guy that hit me owns a custom hot rod fabrication shop so he said he'll get his boys to fix my door and I get some $$$! Fucking stoked! Going to buy another POS with that $$.
Make sure to wear a neck-brace in court, and there's your retirement fund.
Do NOT arrest this man.

sirwanksalot
Masturbateur
Masturbateur

Unread post by sirwanksalot » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:34 pm

Getting 460,000 yen! Fuck Yeah!

senseiman
9 miles of bad road
9 miles of bad road

Unread post by senseiman » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:50 pm

My son just had his first birthday. His face lit up like crazy with a huge smile when he saw the cake, then he smashed it all over the place. Most fun I have ever had with cake.
祇園精舎の鐘の聲、諸行無常の響あり。娑羅雙樹の花の色、盛者必衰のことわりをあらはす。おごれる人も久しからず、唯春の夜の夢のごとし。たけき者も遂にほろびぬ、偏に風の前の塵に同じ。

steki47

Unread post by steki47 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:51 pm

senseiman wrote:My son just had his first birthday. His face lit up like crazy with a huge smile when he saw the cake, then he smashed it all over the place. Most fun I have ever had with cake.

Pics or it didn't happen!

Seriously, awesome cute!

allblacks

Unread post by allblacks » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:58 am

Nice one on the insurance. Heres my little great. Just bought this from dealer auctions. Very sporty 2005 Subaru Legacy with STi tuning. Brembo brakes etc. Have had a few things to sort out with it but almost done. Will be a sweet ride.
Attachments
rsz_1rsz_1rsz_20150918_150748.jpg

senseiman
9 miles of bad road
9 miles of bad road

Unread post by senseiman » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:54 pm

steki47 wrote:

Pics or it didn't happen!

Seriously, awesome cute!
Gotta keep the pics private, but thanks!
祇園精舎の鐘の聲、諸行無常の響あり。娑羅雙樹の花の色、盛者必衰のことわりをあらはす。おごれる人も久しからず、唯春の夜の夢のごとし。たけき者も遂にほろびぬ、偏に風の前の塵に同じ。

sirwanksalot
Masturbateur
Masturbateur

Unread post by sirwanksalot » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:50 pm

allblacks wrote:Nice one on the insurance. Heres my little great. Just bought this from dealer auctions. Very sporty 2005 Subaru Legacy with STi tuning. Brembo brakes etc. Have had a few things to sort out with it but almost done. Will be a sweet ride.
Yeah stoked on the free money. I took a mini sledge hammer to my bumper and door and got it lined up enough to latch shut. Works fine so no worries. The money is like winning the lotto!

Nice Subaru. My friend has a blue STI Forester six speed manual with quite a few mods on it. He let me drive the Bluebaru a couple of times. I'm glad I have a slow car..A car like that would get me in way more trouble than I already get into.

AsahiSupaSpy
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread post by AsahiSupaSpy » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:24 pm

sirwanksalot wrote: a mini sledge hammer
So...a hammer?
Do NOT arrest this man.

sirwanksalot
Masturbateur
Masturbateur

Unread post by sirwanksalot » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:34 pm

AsahiSupaSpy wrote:
So...a hammer?
Yeah, a giant hammer.

AsahiSupaSpy
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread post by AsahiSupaSpy » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:05 pm

sirwanksalot wrote:
AsahiSupaSpy wrote:
So...a hammer?
Yeah, a giant hammer.
Oh. A sledge hammer.
Do NOT arrest this man.

sirwanksalot
Masturbateur
Masturbateur

Unread post by sirwanksalot » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:36 pm

AsahiSupaSpy wrote:
sirwanksalot wrote:
AsahiSupaSpy wrote:
So...a hammer?
Yeah, a giant hammer.
Oh. A sledge hammer.
You have just earned a life long friend.

Shawn
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: At Mitch & Murray, holding on to the good leads and preparing sets of steak knives

Unread post by Shawn » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:54 am

senseiman wrote:My son just had his first birthday. His face lit up like crazy with a huge smile when he saw the cake, then he smashed it all over the place. Most fun I have ever had with cake.
We knew our daughter would do the same thing, so we prepared her favourites: yogurt, pancakes, and corn on the cob. We stacked the pancakes and "frosted" them with yogurt. We have pictures of her eating all three at the same time. Lots of fun. :thumbsup:

allblacks

Unread post by allblacks » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:45 am

Wanks

Parts advice for your bumper... the best place to find a replacement is yahoo auctions. I had to get a rear hatch for the above car. It was cracked and had to go. For 10 000 yen I got one and for a further 15000 I got the work done. You could probably do a bumper yourself though.

I got a really nice nav unit included in the purchase of the car. Really pleased with that. Especially since it has a drive cam included. Went to Joshin and got a 32 GB SD card for it yesterday. All bad drivers shall be put on youtube. HEHE.

senseiman
9 miles of bad road
9 miles of bad road

Unread post by senseiman » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:27 pm

Shawn wrote:
We knew our daughter would do the same thing, so we prepared her favourites: yogurt, pancakes, and corn on the cob. We stacked the pancakes and "frosted" them with yogurt. We have pictures of her eating all three at the same time. Lots of fun. :thumbsup:
Awesome. Those are among my son`s favorite foods too.

We have a dog who has been eating very well recently as about 50% of the food ends up on the floor. Lots of fun watching him though.