lifes little greats

For topics not directly related to eikaiwa.
Forum rules
The basic forum rules are here :wink: . Refer to the BBCode Guide for information on using BBCode tags, plus this post about additional tags for embedding video.

Re: lifes little greats

Unread postby allblacks » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:49 pm

Making USS car auctions/sellers take responsibility for their mistakes has to be one of my greats for today. Ive been screwed by these fuckers so many times. Some nong wrote the wrong description about a car and ended up copping my request for a partial refund. Its justice after all the times they screwed us!
"So the clutch is called a clutch and the accelerator is called something stupid?" Holly interrupted, "Why didn't they just call the clutch a squeezer?"

http://27bslash6.com/arguments.html
allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

Unread postby Junken Master » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:19 pm

My wife is currently visiting Japan for 3 weeks.

Can make as much mess around the house as I like without getting moaned at. Wonderful!!!
Junken Master
Jaded Veteran
Jaded Veteran

Unread postby SamhainP8 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:42 pm

Junken Master wrote:My wife is currently visiting Japan for 3 weeks.

Can make as much mess around the house as I like without getting moaned at. Wonderful!!!

:clap: Redtube marathon! :bye:
"Do you know how a falcon is trained, my dear? Her eyes are sewn shut. Blinded temporarily, she suffers the whims of her God patiently, until her will is submerged and she learns to serve - as your God taught and blinded you with crosses."
SamhainP8
Dronus japonica
Dronus japonica

Unread postby Junken Master » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:21 pm

That's not the kind of mess I was talking about :cheers:
Junken Master
Jaded Veteran
Jaded Veteran

Unread postby sirwanksalot » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:13 pm

I was messing around in the garden and I noticed a dog walker hanging out having a gander out of the corner of my eye. I live in a geriatric farming community so I figured one of the obaasans was checking out my ass. About a minute passed and the dog walker said konnichiwa. I looked up and saw the hottest woman I've seen in a long while! I'm making it a point to be out in my garden every day at 5:30 so I can see my new friend!
sirwanksalot
Masturbateur
Masturbateur

Unread postby Langslave » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:23 am

Careful wanks, you start dipping the wick there and EVERYONE in town will know. Maybe BEFORE you!
"If I may put forward a slight..er..personal philosophy..I feel that man has ruled this world as a stumbling, demented, child-king..LONG ENOUGH!"
Langslave
9 miles of bad road
9 miles of bad road

Unread postby sirwanksalot » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:45 pm

Langslave wrote:Careful wanks, you start dipping the wick there and EVERYONE in town will know. Maybe BEFORE you!

I'm happily married. Never strayed. I wouldn't do that. I don't mind small talk with eye candy though.
sirwanksalot
Masturbateur
Masturbateur

Unread postby Langslave » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:31 pm

Im similar, does add a spring to your step tho doesnt it.
"If I may put forward a slight..er..personal philosophy..I feel that man has ruled this world as a stumbling, demented, child-king..LONG ENOUGH!"
Langslave
9 miles of bad road
9 miles of bad road

Unread postby sirwanksalot » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:19 pm

Langslave wrote: does add a spring to your step tho doesnt it.

Most defiantly!
sirwanksalot
Masturbateur
Masturbateur

Unread postby SamhainP8 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:37 pm

Yeah, it's nice to have a handful ( :thumbsup: ) of backup plan fantasies! :bye:
"Do you know how a falcon is trained, my dear? Her eyes are sewn shut. Blinded temporarily, she suffers the whims of her God patiently, until her will is submerged and she learns to serve - as your God taught and blinded you with crosses."
SamhainP8
Dronus japonica
Dronus japonica

Unread postby Langslave » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:00 pm

Met one of the assistants from the last job for a chin-wag over coffee yesterday, filled her in on the details she didnt know about my leaving and corrected the "mis-information" the boss had fed her. Then she told me that when theyd had their meeting for their assigments for the new term, as usual they were asked which teacher they preferreed to work with, and they all said "Langslave!". She went on to say they all agreed I was a calming presence for them while I was there (as compared to some of my foreign brethren...), and the whole mood of the place was quite dark and down now. Cheered me up a tad that did.
Langslave
9 miles of bad road
9 miles of bad road

Unread postby steki47 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:10 pm

Langslave wrote:She went on to say they all agreed I was a calming presence for them while I was there (as compared to some of my foreign brethren...), and the whole mood of the place was quite dark and down now. Cheered me up a tad that did.

Wonder how the ex-boss will think about your absence.

Reminded me of a former job where the boss complained about a very popular teacher who left and "stole" some of her students and started his own school. Gee, maybe you could have done something to keep him as your employee...
steki47
Cassandra
Cassandra

Unread postby Langslave » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:52 pm

Unfortunately shes not someone capable of looking at things objectively, and cannot imagine that shes ever wrong about anything, so shell just carry on as before and probably piss off more people even more in the process. While I was talking to the assistant yesterday too, it became evident that of the last 5 F/T foreign teachers thatve left there over the last 4 years, all but one left in a similar frame of mind. I remember the last two guy having regular slinging matches with the bitch. But she never learns. She has absolutely no "people skills" as the term goes these days. I wish her nothing but the worst.
Langslave
9 miles of bad road
9 miles of bad road

Unread postby steki47 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:08 pm

Langslave wrote:Unfortunately shes not someone capable of looking at things objectively, and cannot imagine that shes ever wrong about anything, so shell just carry on as before and probably piss off more people even more in the process. While I was talking to the assistant yesterday too, it became evident that of the last 5 F/T foreign teachers thatve left there over the last 4 years, all but one left in a similar frame of mind. I remember the last two guy having regular slinging matches with the bitch. But she never learns. She has absolutely no "people skills" as the term goes these days. I wish her nothing but the worst.

Walking stereotype, that sort of eikaiwa owner. I have written of my experiences with such employers in TGTBTU. Funny, they both thought they were "unique". Being a short-sighted, criminal control freak is hardly unique in this industry. Sad.
steki47
Cassandra
Cassandra

Unread postby Langslave » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:09 pm

Back in the Nova days almost all the managers we had were women (I recall only 2 men but maybe 11 women) and on more than one occasion a student would say having a female manager must be hard. But I had almost no trouble with any of them, quite the opposite in fact. Maybe 2 were problems. Most of them were nothing like this cow. And yes steki, a lot of it is about control..."her will be done".
Langslave
9 miles of bad road
9 miles of bad road

Unread postby steki47 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:46 pm

Langslave wrote: And yes steki, a lot of it is about control..."her will be done".

"She Who Must Be Obeyed"? I remembered you are a Hammer fan.

My last eikaiwa gig had a male owner and we talked about the differences between female and male owners. Talking stereotypes here, but female owners seem to have more of a maternal drive to "protect" (control) their investments. Men seem to be better at "hunting" and having a wider perspective on the situation.

I personally prefer working at larger companies, as the general bureaucracy can create some consistency and no one person can run a fiefdom.
steki47
Cassandra
Cassandra

Unread postby Langslave » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:39 pm

Thats exactly the word..fiefdom. Thats how she runs the place. The king above her has bestowed this place on her, and she runs it as she sees fit. Better stop griping in here I spose.
When you say Hammer, do you mean Sledge Hammer? Ill have to go and dig him out and give him a watch, havent done that for ages. And I have a cuppla episodes of Duckman somewhere.....
Langslave
9 miles of bad road
9 miles of bad road

Unread postby steki47 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:48 pm

Langslave wrote:When you say Hammer, do you mean Sledge Hammer? Ill have to go and dig him out and give him a watch, havent done that for ages. And I have a cuppla episodes of Duckman somewhere.....

I was talking about Hammer Films. But yeah Sledge Hammer is good, too.
steki47
Cassandra
Cassandra

Unread postby Langslave » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:36 pm

Ah yeah, do like the Hammer films too. Got a few of them lying around here somewhere.
Langslave
9 miles of bad road
9 miles of bad road

Unread postby steki47 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:12 am

Langslave wrote:Ah yeah, do like the Hammer films too. Got a few of them lying around here somewhere.

Back to your ex-boss, maybe this film is better:

Ilsa01.jpg
steki47
Cassandra
Cassandra

Unread postby SamhainP8 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:22 am

Does God have a belly button?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :clap: :wnw:
SamhainP8
Dronus japonica
Dronus japonica

Unread postby Langslave » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:59 am

Ahh yes, Ilsa. My brother recommended that to me so I had a quick look on the net...found the SS officer begging her to give him a shower :pee:
Langslave
9 miles of bad road
9 miles of bad road

Unread postby allblacks » Tue May 01, 2012 6:29 pm

I have my m-in-law and bro-in-law coming down for GW. This will be interesting. Thats for sure. They are both really great people its just my place is not so Japanese any more. See how it goes. Its been a long time since they visited.
"So the clutch is called a clutch and the accelerator is called something stupid?" Holly interrupted, "Why didn't they just call the clutch a squeezer?"

allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

Unread postby sirwanksalot » Wed May 02, 2012 10:24 am

Beach front hotel and the surf is going off right in front. Had Buffalo wings for dinner last night as well.
sirwanksalot
Masturbateur
Masturbateur

Unread postby Raelene » Sat May 05, 2012 2:44 pm

Azaleas! Everywhere! Big and small, red, pink and white. :clap:
"Bored and decided to try her hand at a bit of trolling. Not the worst I have seen either by any means."
Raelene
Eikaiwa Lifer
Eikaiwa Lifer

Unread postby allblacks » Sat May 05, 2012 9:11 pm

USJ is a fucking nightmare but I went to hard rock cafe with my crew. Drank up a storm and had a good feed as well. REALLY good in small doses is HRC.

allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

Unread postby Raelene » Sun May 06, 2012 4:26 pm

steki47 wrote:I was talking about Hammer Films. But yeah Sledge Hammer is good, too.

Oh, I thought you were talking about the Kate Bush song.
"Bored and decided to try her hand at a bit of trolling. Not the worst I have seen either by any means."
Raelene
Eikaiwa Lifer
Eikaiwa Lifer

Unread postby Langslave » Sun May 06, 2012 5:21 pm

Raelene wrote:
steki47 wrote:I was talking about Hammer Films. But yeah Sledge Hammer is good, too.

Oh, I thought you were talking about the Kate Bush song.

Dont you mean the Peter Gabriel song? And thank the lord my wallet was handed in. Went out in the thunder and lightening to get it from the cop shop, relief.
Langslave
9 miles of bad road
9 miles of bad road

Unread postby Raelene » Sun May 06, 2012 5:27 pm

Don't you mean the Kate Bush/Peter Gabriel collaboration? Something about don't give up? :)

Yeah, three times in my life I've lost my wallet. Two times it was returned. Both times were in Japan ....
Raelene
Eikaiwa Lifer
Eikaiwa Lifer

Unread postby SamhainP8 » Sun May 06, 2012 6:38 pm

A toss up on which thread to put this in.

Last day of holidays. :poo: :poo: :poo:
Consoling myself with a 'few' BLACK TOOTHs. :wnw: :clap: :drunk:
SamhainP8
Dronus japonica
Dronus japonica

PreviousNext

Return to Japan Topics