Eikaiwa teacher murdered

For topics not directly related to eikaiwa.
Forum rules
The basic forum rules are here :wink: . Refer to the BBCode Guide for information on using BBCode tags, plus this post about additional tags for embedding video.

Unread postby User Banned » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:16 pm

Can someone post a link to a picture of this cvnt. Thx.

This is JT's piece on it:

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/mail/nn20070402a2.html
Saru mo ki kara ochiru
User Banned
Frustrated Realist
Frustrated Realist

Unread postby Wage Slave » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:44 pm

Don't hesitate to spoil the ship for a ha'porth of tar. You'll get credit for saving the ha'penny and someone else will get the blame for losing the ship.
Wage Slave
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Maybe old

Unread postby Redrum » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:12 pm

I saw a video today(on the news) of the poor victim and the Sraight up, mongoloid looking killer that was taken at a Cafe' at a JR station near his (killer) home. The video was taken the morning of the day of the murder at 9am. So either he was "STALKING" her and showing up at places she went to.I.E he knew her routine. Or they knew each other on a level higher then the cops are letting on. My Japanese is still bad so I couldn't catch what the news report was saying. Has anyone else seen this footage. I have to say they do look like friends on tape. Her body language is not defensive (I'm not making excuses for the shitbag) it's just is a very strange piece of footage? By the way have the local cops looked into stolen bicycle reports in the area?
I do think she was a pretty trusting girl and a good person to boot, and I want to see the killer bought to justice. My above post (If it reads that way) is in no means meant to disrespect her. May God give her family strenth during this aweful time in thier lives.
Genki Gaijin said:

Ah fuck it. This board is a sad waste of time. Enjoy your pissing contest, wankers.
Redrum
Jaded Veteran
Jaded Veteran

Re: Maybe old

Unread postby Shawn » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:05 pm

Redrum wrote:I saw a video today(on the news) of the poor victim and the Sraight up, mongoloid looking killer that was taken at a Cafe' at a JR station near his (killer) home. The video was taken the morning of the day of the murder at 9am. So either he was "STALKING" her and showing up at places she went to.I.E he knew her routine. Or they knew each other on a level higher then the cops are letting on. My Japanese is still bad so I couldn't catch what the news report was saying. Has anyone else seen this footage. I have to say they do look like friends on tape. Her body language is not defensive (I'm not making excuses for the shitbag) it's just is a very strange piece of footage? By the way have the local cops looked into stolen bicycle reports in the area?

This sums up what the Japanese reports on the video footage have been saying:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/u ... 602377.ece

Here's a clip from NTV if you're interested. Don't know how long it will be up:
http://www.news24.jp/80820.html

Kunikun has raised lots of valid questions. I'm surprised the guy is still on the loose given that the media has plastered his face all over TV.
:huh:

Get involved with the Eikaiwa Wiki

RSS Feeds: Blog :: Blog comments :: Forums
Shawn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Location: At Mitch & Murray, holding on to the good leads and preparing sets of steak knives

Unread postby Badboy » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:44 pm

Shawn wrote:
Redrum wrote:I saw a video today(on the news) of the poor victim and the Sraight up, mongoloid looking killer that was taken at a Cafe' at a JR station near his (killer) home. The video was taken the morning of the day of the murder at 9am. So either he was "STALKING" her and showing up at places she went to.I.E he knew her routine. Or they knew each other on a level higher then the cops are letting on. My Japanese is still bad so I couldn't catch what the news report was saying. Has anyone else seen this footage. I have to say they do look like friends on tape. Her body language is not defensive (I'm not making excuses for the shitbag) it's just is a very strange piece of footage? By the way have the local cops looked into stolen bicycle reports in the area?

This sums up what the Japanese reports on the video footage have been saying:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/u ... 602377.ece

Here's a clip from NTV if you're interested. Don't know how long it will be up:
http://www.news24.jp/80820.html

Kunikun has raised lots of valid questions. I'm surprised the guy is still on the loose given that the media has plastered his face all over TV.
:huh:

I didn't get the last bit: police think he cut her hair off to stop her running away?
Badboy
Frustrated Realist
Frustrated Realist

Unread postby Keleidoscope » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:59 am

He cut her hair off? I hadn't heard that, that's super hen-desu.
Keleidoscope
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread postby Shawn » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:15 am

Badboy wrote:I didn't get the last bit: police think he cut her hair off to stop her running away?

That's what the last paragraph in the Japanese article says. They found some of her hair in a trash bag and the police think he cut her hair so she wouldn't run away. It makes you wonder how much hair they found.

Shawn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Location: At Mitch & Murray, holding on to the good leads and preparing sets of steak knives

Unread postby Tall Tall Tree » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:04 am

Was he really worried about her running away? She was dead.
Tall Tall Tree
Cassandra
Cassandra

I think

Unread postby Redrum » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:08 pm

Tall Tall Tree wrote:Was he really worried about her running away? She was dead.

I think he did the hair cutting after the fact. I'm a big fan of "True" crime books and TV shows like Forensic Files, Investigative reports, and Iterpol reports. Lots of people who kill like to keep some sort of "Trophy" some keep the change that was in the victims pockets, some like Jeffery Dahmer kept thier torso's head's, and even genitalia. Some wierd sick shit about it making them feel connected to the deceased. This guy obviously had a stalker mentality so keeping a trophy just seems (for lack of a better word) normal.
I think it's good that the Japanese media is still keeping this story in the spotlight. It's a complete 180 from what my opinion would have been if you gave me this same terrible crime in a "IF" type question, before the fact.
Genki Gaijin said:

Ah fuck it. This board is a sad waste of time. Enjoy your pissing contest, wankers.
Redrum
Jaded Veteran
Jaded Veteran

Unread postby kunikun » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:54 pm

My husband keeps saying "they'll find him - theres no way he could get away with all those photos of him around, unless he's at the bottom of a river".

But I reckon he could get away EASY, hat on, head down and no problems. There are 100s thousands of young blokes that have the same general features as him. Unless you looked right at him he could walk past you and you wouldnt notice. Remember of course that not all Japanese watch the news so there are probably a large percentage of people out there who havent seen his picture.

I have seen a man sitting in a puddle of his own reeking piss on the train and the people either side of staring straight ahead. Everyone around acting like nothing was going on. People don't look at each other in this country.

I dont still think hes shoeless. What I'm saying is he must have stopped for shoes pretty soon after running. That means nearby someone is either missing some shoes or sold him some shoes.

The taxi driver that drove them to the apartment building has come forward - guess he was busy up till now. :roll:
kunikun
Yummy Mummy
Yummy Mummy

Unread postby Badboy » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:14 pm

I don't understand why the guy is still only wanted in connection with dumping the body. Do they seriously think someone else is involved, or are they hoping that it was a gaijin who actually did it and this guy was just an accomplice?
Badboy
Frustrated Realist
Frustrated Realist

Unread postby Wage Slave » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:24 pm

Yes, his arrest warrant is for abandoning the body. I wondered about this too but assume that this is because they do not want to give some defense lawyer any possible grounds for argument over process. I don't think there is any other implication.

After all, at this stage it doesn't matter if he is arrested for tax evasion as long as he is arrested and quickly.
Don't hesitate to spoil the ship for a ha'porth of tar. You'll get credit for saving the ha'penny and someone else will get the blame for losing the ship.
Wage Slave
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread postby Sankyuberymucho » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:35 pm

Good comments everyone. I agree this is a very disturbing case. I often wonder whether these psycho killers were born like that, and it is inevitable they will commit this kind of crime, or whether something in their past caused them to become like this.

It's worrying that they haven't caught him yet. I really think the Japanese police screwed up big time when they went to his apartment the first time. Since eight police went to his apartment obviously they suspected foul play. When they came across the guy and he manages to take off, why didn't they pursue him !!! There are fucking eight of them ! Several can chase after him on foot, and the others can jump in the police cars and cut him off. Don't they have radios which they can call for backup and coordinate their efforts on?

From the media reports I have read, it sounds like he followed her home and she let him in and agreed to give him an english lesson. Apparently she taught him in a cafe, and then agreed to stop by his apartment on another day for another lesson. She sounds like a pretty friendly and trusting person, and probably was being more open given she was in "safe" japan, and trying to make new friends, also she may have been looking to earn some extra cash given the low pay of eikaiwa teachers. In retrospect she acted unwisely, but I have noticed this phenomena quite often and even experienced it myself. When people are transplanted to other cultures it can take a while for them to tune in to warning signs, and become aware of potentially unsafe situations that are obvious to those more familiar with that culture. Also they may be tempted to dismiss behavior that is really unacceptable in any country as being part of the uniqueness of that culture. (Note I'm not blaming her for what happened, I'm just making the point that sometimes it can take a while to build knowledge of your new environment and the types of threats that may exist).

I really hope the police are doing everything they can to find this guy. However given their record I'm not that optimistic. Someone must be sheltering this guy, and given his psychotic nature, I'm sure one of their motivations would have to be financial. Have police frozen his bank accounts ? Have they monitored the phone calls of his parents and known associates ? Have they monitored his parents bank accounts for suspicious transactions ? Whether he is on his own, or being assisted by someone, definitely he is going to be needing quite a bit of cash. Also why not stake out his parents and known associates for a few days, or maybe even execute a couple of search warrants.

Like everyone I hope they catch this guy soon.
Sankyuberymucho
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread postby Shawn » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:33 pm

Badboy wrote:I don't understand why the guy is still only wanted in connection with dumping the body. Do they seriously think someone else is involved, or are they hoping that it was a gaijin who actually did it and this guy was just an accomplice?

AFAIK, they use abandoning the body because that's the only sure thing they have. I'm guessing that the police don't have enough evidence or want to wait until they catch the guy before charging him with murder.

Shawn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Badboy » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:47 pm

Sankyuberymucho wrote:Good comments everyone. I agree this is a very disturbing case. I often wonder whether these psycho killers were born like that, and it is inevitable they will commit this kind of crime, or whether something in their past caused them to become like this.

It's worrying that they haven't caught him yet. I really think the Japanese police screwed up big time when they went to his apartment the first time. Since eight police went to his apartment obviously they suspected foul play. When they came across the guy and he manages to take off, why didn't they pursue him !!! There are fucking eight of them ! Several can chase after him on foot, and the others can jump in the police cars and cut him off. Don't they have radios which they can call for backup and coordinate their efforts on?

From the media reports I have read, it sounds like he followed her home and she let him in and agreed to give him an english lesson. Apparently she taught him in a cafe, and then agreed to stop by his apartment on another day for another lesson. She sounds like a pretty friendly and trusting person, and probably was being more open given she was in "safe" japan, and trying to make new friends, also she may have been looking to earn some extra cash given the low pay of eikaiwa teachers. In retrospect she acted unwisely, but I have noticed this phenomena quite often and even experienced it myself. When people are transplanted to other cultures it can take a while for them to tune in to warning signs, and become aware of potentially unsafe situations that are obvious to those more familiar with that culture. Also they may be tempted to dismiss behavior that is really unacceptable in any country as being part of the uniqueness of that culture. (Note I'm not blaming her for what happened, I'm just making the point that sometimes it can take a while to build knowledge of your new environment and the types of threats that may exist).

I really hope the police are doing everything they can to find this guy. However given their record I'm not that optimistic. Someone must be sheltering this guy, and given his psychotic nature, I'm sure one of their motivations would have to be financial. Have police frozen his bank accounts ? Have they monitored the phone calls of his parents and known associates ? Have they monitored his parents bank accounts for suspicious transactions ? Whether he is on his own, or being assisted by someone, definitely he is going to be needing quite a bit of cash. Also why not stake out his parents and known associates for a few days, or maybe even execute a couple of search warrants.

Like everyone I hope they catch this guy soon.

We were all quick to point the finger at her and ask how she could be so stupid as to why she could go back to this guy's house to teach him but now according to recent reports it looks as though he had it all planned out. She taught him in a cafe till about 10 and was due to be at Nova at 11 so there was only one expanation as to why she would have gone back-he didn't have enough money to pay for the lesson. Apparently one of the shop assistants even heard him say that. So the poor girl had just taught this sick f**k only for him to tell her that he has (conveniently) forgotten to bring the correct amount of money. In that situation I imagine quite a few normally sensible girls would have fallen for that which brings home how shocking this really is. This cunt really isn't just a murderer but also an expert scam artist.

As for tapping his parents phones, they already did that; when a journalist tried to call them, armed police turned up at his home in Yokohama.
We are giving them and Japan a lot of stick, but to be fair the media has given this a lot of coverage and the police are trying their best. I did, however, read a few idiots on mixi claiming the guy had to be of foreign descent but they ended up getting a load of abuse from me.
Badboy
Frustrated Realist
Frustrated Realist

Unread postby SamhainP8 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:32 pm

Yeah it’s fucked how he was able to get passed the cops. Was there any mention of a struggle before he somehow managed to ‘get passed’ all the cops unchallenged? I don’t think so…. Useless cunts. Sounds like he got given a head start to me and the ‘OMG NO SHOES!!!’ crap is just a bullshit cover up by the cops.
"Do you know how a falcon is trained, my dear? Her eyes are sewn shut. Blinded temporarily, she suffers the whims of her God patiently, until her will is submerged and she learns to serve - as your God taught and blinded you with crosses."
SamhainP8
Dronus japonica
Dronus japonica

Unread postby Keleidoscope » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:06 am

Badboy wrote: according to recent reports it looks as though he had it all planned out.

I don't think he planned to kill her, I think he just planned to get her back to his apartment so he could have sex with her. When she refused he raped her (maybe, she was found naked but I never heard anything about there being signs of rape, this is just my theory) or he tried to rape her, and in the process suffocated her.
Keleidoscope
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread postby ex_sensei » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:32 am

I don't think he planned to kill her either - Something went wrong, and he lost control and... Well, it's a terrible tragedy.

And this is what really scares me: I now think that the way this culture is - Their repressed emotions, their backward psychiatric services and judicial system - Most Japanese people have the potential to do similar horrific acts. The line that holds them back is very, very fine!
Ex_Sensei has left GCOM, and is now working for the competition.
ex_sensei
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread postby Darth Smallberries » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:05 am

I think he did plan to kill her. this guy looks like a serial killer in the making.

and ex-sensei, every country has serial killers, and most japanese do NOT have the potential to commit this kind of grisly murder. take a deep breath.....
Darth Smallberries

Unread postby ex_sensei » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:14 am

Darth Smallberries wrote:and ex-sensei, every country has serial killers, and most japanese do NOT have the potential to commit this kind of grisly murder. take a deep breath.....

I realize that, but this guy isn't a serial killer (i.e. He's only killed one person) but someone who just randomly took it to the next level. That's what my point was!

Ex
ex_sensei
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread postby Darth Smallberries » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:26 am

ex_sensei wrote:
Darth Smallberries wrote:and ex-sensei, every country has serial killers, and most japanese do NOT have the potential to commit this kind of grisly murder. take a deep breath.....

I realize that, but this guy isn't a serial killer (i.e. He's only killed one person) but someone who just randomly took it to the next level. That's what my point was!

Ex

I said he was one in the making. Lindsay's murder fits the pattern -- pretty young girl killed by a freakshow guy for no reason at all. if he'd gotten away with it, I have little doubt he would have gone on to kill other young white girls.

what I was taking issue with was your statement that MOST japanese are capable of doing the same thing. they are not.
Darth Smallberries

Unread postby Wage Slave » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:32 am

Darth Smallberries wrote:what I was taking issue with was your statement that MOST japanese are capable of doing the same thing. they are not.

Well Said!
Wage Slave
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread postby ex_sensei » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:21 pm

Wage Slave wrote:
Darth Smallberries wrote:what I was taking issue with was your statement that MOST japanese are capable of doing the same thing. they are not.

Well Said!

Fair enough! I still think as such...At the moment!
ex_sensei
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread postby kunikun » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:52 pm

I dated a cop once and he was telling me about how he was called to the scene of a "robbery". When he got there there were 3 patrol cars and about 15 cops there to arrest one guy in his 70s who had stolen a few items from a deparment store and was trying to make his getaway on a mama charli. :lol:

He also got called out once to get a giant turtle off the road. All the other cops were so old and fat they couldnt do it. The only other young guy was "too scared".
kunikun
Yummy Mummy
Yummy Mummy

Unread postby Sankyuberymucho » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:53 pm

Well my personal theory for what it is worth, is he was acting out some sick fantasy and planned to confine her to his apartment, similar to how some of those other psychos have done that you read about in the news from time to time. However when she didn't go along with it, he beat her, and eventually strangled her. I read in another newspaper that he had stalked some other woman previously and had been warned by police.
Sankyuberymucho
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread postby Wage Slave » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:33 am

So, still not caught and almost 2 weeks on. What an agony for her family and boyfriend.

The Japan Times today has some opinion from two retired detectives.

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/mail/nn20070406a1.html

There is, rightly, severe criticism of the way he was allowed to escape.

One of the detectives thinks he had planned the murder and his exit stategy. I don't believe that this guy topped himself after being overcome with remorse. I think he is out there and somebody, somewhere is helping him.
Wage Slave
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread postby amerikajin274 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:41 am

Wage Slave wrote:So, still not caught and almost 2 weeks on. What an agony for her family and boyfriend.

The Japan Times today has some opinion from two retired detectives.

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/mail/nn20070406a1.html

There is, rightly, severe criticism of the way he was allowed to escape.

One of the detectives thinks he had planned the murder and his exit stategy. I don't believe that this guy topped himself after being overcome with remorse. I think he is out there and somebody, somewhere is helping him.

I think this has to be one of the most pathetic examples of police incompetence I've seen in a while anywhere.

Here in the States we had a guy who walked into his former employer's office, shot three people, and then drove off -- as in, in a freaking car. Police caught him within 90 minutes. People get away with murder elsewhere, yes, but for chrissake, any Barney Fife, single-bullet-in-his-pocket-wanna-be-bad-ass-cop knows that when you approach a potential person or people of interest, you make sure they can't get away during questioning, and more importantly, you should have procedures in place to coordinate efforts in a manhunt -- that's the problem.

The other problem here is that 1) someone probably *is* hiding this guy; and 2) their neighbors are probably like most Japanese people and complete oblivious and naive when it comes to crime.
Don't misunderestimate me.
amerikajin274
9 miles of bad road
9 miles of bad road

Unread postby BakaMike » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:49 am

I've been away for a while - yes I realize noone noticed! Anyway, I just wanted to say that this a very sad tale and it's a shame that she's died.

I concur with the general comments about the Japanese police. I think it's fair to say that most foreigners here have little faith in their abilities. They certainly seem to have come out of this with egg on their faces.

This is not a good thing however. I actually think that the police here are just a bit sad. They're great at giving directions and telling me not to do "futari nori" but other than that I have little confidence in them. On the other hand compared to what I have heard about the police in other Asian nations - specifically the Phillipines and Thailand - at least the police here are not corrupt.

Who knows if they'll get their man. I'd say probably. But either way, it won't bring the girl back.

As far as eikaiwa and Japan in general are concerned it seems that the Japanese are worried again about foreigners' views about Japan. It certainly seems to have stopped them from reciting the "safety country" mantra - at least in eikaiwa.

One last thought: It's interesting that this happened just after the "gaijin hanzai file" was published and some seemingly nationalistic rhetoric by some quite senior politicians.

I'm not arguing that they were the cause of this sick fuck doing his sick thing, but it's quite possible that they were contributory factors. The weak and twisted can easily turn comments by politicians and xenopobic publications into a perceived societal condonning of their fucked up philosophies or actions.

If foreigners are dehumanized in the media, then who gives a fuck if someone gets their jollies with one and accidentally knocks her off in the process? It's not as if they're real people with real feelings!

Anyways, it's for this reason that political correctness is important and that there is constant scrutiny of the rhetoric and language used by the media and those in power. What they say does affect the thinking of the lower members of society because they are - by implication of their position - the one's who are living their lives by/advocating the principles which the majority share or at least agree with.
"By 9pm on Saturdays I felt like a stick of Juicy Fruit in a ten kid family." - Chris on the joys of working at GEOS:
BakaMike
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread postby Tall Tall Tree » Sun May 27, 2007 6:48 pm

Any news recently?
Tall Tall Tree
Cassandra
Cassandra

Unread postby Wage Slave » Sun May 27, 2007 7:25 pm

Sadly no. Nothing at all that I have seen.
Wage Slave
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

PreviousNext

Return to Japan Topics