drunks, mentally disabled, and the like

For topics not directly related to eikaiwa.
Forum rules
The basic forum rules are here :wink: . Refer to the BBCode Guide for information on using BBCode tags, plus this post about additional tags for embedding video.

drunks, mentally disabled, and the like

Unread post by Guest » Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:58 am

If you're like me, they find you on the train, on the bus, on the street, in the coffee shop or supermarket, and they start talking in English to you.

What do you do?

Myself, if they're just being friendly, I might say hello or whatever before going on my merry way.

Otherwise, I walk away ... pretend I don't speak English ... or something.

How about you?

nigerian_nampa
LJ Sharpshooter
LJ Sharpshooter

Unread post by nigerian_nampa » Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:31 am

If they seem mentally ill or mentally handicapped in some way, then I just kind of nod "hello" and don't really answer. If they're drunk I just ignore them entirely.

If they're functioning at 100% but just wanna use me for my English (ie. Language Leeches, English Bandits, Milkers, etc.), then I'm pretty rude these days, especially if they interrupt my studying or conversation with a female. They'll inevitably ask "Where do you from?" so I usually give an obviously bogus answer like "North Korea" or "Japan". The other week someone blatantly interrupted my conversation and said "May I join you ? Can we talk?" so I just silently stared at him like "WTF!". He then asked "Where are you from?" (at least this guy didn't fuck up the simplest question!), and I continued to stare silently. He then asked "Is talking okay?" and I just stared like "WTF!". He then wandered off and I went back t the cute girl (who thought my reaction was pretty damn funny).

angryboy
Busdriver
Busdriver

Unread post by angryboy » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:24 am

Drunks are the easiest to deal with.Wave your hand in front of your nose and say "KUCHI KUSAI!!".
[quote="valve-bouncer"]Fuck me, I hope to christ you are a troll because the possibility of someone so mind-numbingly boring as you walking amongst us gives me the fear.[/quote]

Unread post by Guest » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:44 am

nigerian_nampa wrote:If they're functioning at 100% but just wanna use me for my English (ie. Language Leeches, English Bandits, Milkers, etc.), then I'm pretty rude these days, especially if they interrupt my studying or conversation with a female.

Thanks for the reply Nampa. Yeah, those are the ones who I find especially annoying. I don't really mind the the mentally disabled ones so much (some of them have been pretty friendly, in fact). But it's the "leeches" that get to me, especially when I'm on the train reading or something.

I usually just tell them I don't speak English (making sure to hide the English-language book or newspaper I'm reading) ... sometimes that works, and sometimes it doesnt because then they fire away at me in Japanese.

So then I have to tell them I don't speak Japanese ... at which point they're probably thinking "How does this woman communicate with anyone in this country if she speaks neither Japanese or English...?"

The worst kind (and thankfully it's only happen to me twice in six years ... though that's twice too often): the older men who think I'm an "entertainer" and proposition me and ask me "How much?" I guess they figure that nonwhite foreign women like me are only here for that reason; heaven forbid they actually imagine that a nonwhite foreign woman is here teaching English!

ex_drone
Jaded Veteran
Jaded Veteran

Re: drunks, mentally disabled, and the like

Unread post by ex_drone » Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:57 pm

encarnacionjulia wrote:If you're like me, they find you on the train, on the bus, on the street, in the coffee shop or supermarket, and they start talking in English to you.

What do you do?

Myself, if they're just being friendly, I might say hello or whatever before going on my merry way.

Otherwise, I walk away ... pretend I don't speak English ... or something.

How about you?

Exactly the same as you .No comprehendo amigo !! Is a great thing to say to the language leeches.

RalphWiggum
LJ Oracle
LJ Oracle

Unread post by RalphWiggum » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:00 pm

I get the fingers down the throat and puke on them, then try to lick it back off whilst masturbating.

It usually does the trick, and once even landed me a part in a "movie".

nigerian_nampa
LJ Sharpshooter
LJ Sharpshooter

Unread post by nigerian_nampa » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:41 am

Bobbysix wrote:Nigerian Nampa, by trying to sound cool in your last post, I think you just sound like an unfriendly twat. And trying to get in the reference to a cute girl too. What a tool. :roll:

I find your comment so distressing that I won't be able to sleep tonight.

valve-bouncer

Unread post by valve-bouncer » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:43 am

Bobbysix wrote:Nigerian Nampa, by trying to sound cool in your last post, I think you just sound like an unfriendly twat. And trying to get in the reference to a cute girl too. What a tool. :roll:

Mate why don't you fuck off, you're not wanted here. Cunt. :roll:

ripslyme
Eikaiwa Lifer
Eikaiwa Lifer

Unread post by ripslyme » Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:31 am

valve-bouncer wrote:

For real, the dude strikes me as a lazy ass wanker with shit for brains and a personality to match. :roll:
all this negative energy just makes me [b]stronger[/b]

Bobo
Jaded Veteran
Jaded Veteran

Unread post by Bobo » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:42 am

nigerian_nampa wrote:If they're functioning at 100% but just wanna use me for my English (ie. Language Leeches, English Bandits, Milkers, etc.), then I'm pretty rude these days,

A technique for dealing with these individuals came to me simply by accident.

A stranger came up to me one day and started with a"Hello" as these leeches are wont to do. Initially I mistook him for a student (I worked at Nova at the time and was in contact with literallly hundreds of students) of mine by the name of Kubota. I greeted him (in Japanese- I always made it clear to my students that during a lesson I of course spoke English to them, after all, they are paying for it- BUT that if we met in public, I would not speak English to them and would be embarrassed if they spoke English to me) and added "you're Mr. Kubota, right?"

Before the words left my mouth I realized he WASNT Kubota, but I continued anyway. I added an "Itsumo O-sewani nattorimasu" as if he was an honored customer or client or teacher. I also act very nervous at meeting the oh-so-important Kubota. He then switched to Japanese and hurredly tried to assure me that he was not this honored acquintence of mine. He was a bit appologetic that I mistook him for somebody else especially that I mistook him for somebody whom I appeared to hold in great esteem

Continuing with the act, I pretended to act confused. "Oh, well, I'm terribly sorry, I really can't place your face. What was your name again"? I asked in Japanese.
"Oh, ah, my name is Tatekawa, but you don't know me."
"Well why did you greet me then"? I asked with the righteous annoyance of someone put out by some complete stranger. (Keep in mind that this is all an act)
He then spouted some kind of tripe like "Oh, well, you know, even though we are are of different nationalities, we are all humans."
I gave him a WTF look a la Nigerian Nampa and walked off, giving him a few looks over my shoulder as If I was not comfortable turning my back to him.

I"ve since done this several times- pretending to mistake the leech for someone I know. It never fails to amuse me, and cause embarrasment for the leech! It also affords the satisfaction that I could very well have ridded the world of one more leech.

angryboy
Busdriver
Busdriver

Unread post by angryboy » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:14 am

valve-bouncer wrote:

Second that.Fucken dickhead.
[quote="valve-bouncer"]Fuck me, I hope to christ you are a troll because the possibility of someone so mind-numbingly boring as you walking amongst us gives me the fear.[/quote]

T.D.
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread post by T.D. » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:41 pm

I third that. Fuck off dickface.

Bobo
Jaded Veteran
Jaded Veteran

Unread post by Bobo » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:28 pm

Bobbysix wrote:You bunch of fucktards should be happy that someone actually wants to talk to you.

Speaking for myself personally, Bobbysix, you have that only HALF right. I AM a fucktard (I looked it up, so I know), but really, I'd be happier if people DIDN"T talk to me. I'm happiest just talking to myself.

BOBO

Smurfette
LJ Queen
LJ Queen

Unread post by Smurfette » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:31 am

Bobo wrote:
Bobbysix wrote:You bunch of fucktards should be happy that someone actually wants to talk to you.

Speaking for myself personally, Bobbysix, you have that only HALF right. I AM a fucktard (I looked it up, so I know), but really, I'd be happier if people DIDN"T talk to me. I'm happiest just talking to myself.

BOBO
Good point, Bobo. I don't care whether or not I'm a fucktard, but I still don't want random crazy people talking to me. Sometimes I don't even want to talk to myself, especially after my 7-straight-hours-with-kids days. I just want absolute silence. :D

angryboy
Busdriver
Busdriver

Unread post by angryboy » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:54 am

And no one here wants to talk to you fuckstick so that says a lot.

Unread post by Guest » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:34 pm

Bobbysix wrote:Nigerian Nampa, by trying to sound cool in your last post, I think you just sound like an unfriendly twat.. :roll:

This is precious: Bobbysix criticizes NN for supposedly being "unfriendly," when most of his own posts on this board are anything but friendly.

No one can take seriously an accusation of unfriendliness, when the accuser habitually laces his own posts with "shut the f--- up" and "you guys are losers" and so on.

nigerian_nampa
LJ Sharpshooter
LJ Sharpshooter

Unread post by nigerian_nampa » Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:39 am

encarnacionjulia wrote:
Bobbysix wrote:Nigerian Nampa, by trying to sound cool in your last post, I think you just sound like an unfriendly twat.. :roll:

This is precious: Bobbysix criticizes NN for supposedly being "unfriendly," when most of his own posts on this board are anything but friendly.

No one can take seriously an accusation of unfriendliness, when the accuser habitually laces his own posts with "shut the f--- up" and "you guys are losers" and so on.

You're right, he has no credibility. But I don't think he even tries to have any. He's not serious, he's just bored and having his jollies this way. I'm not going to waste any time worrying about him.

sos
Siren of Sensuality

Unread post by sos » Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:29 pm

back to the topic, I had this elderly, grandma-type yet with a sick "I wanna steal your kids" type smile lady try to chat me up the other day. She was eyeing me as I was approaching and I felt creepy, why is this old lady coming up to me. I just ended up ignoring her.
felt bad, but really it was creepy!

sos
Siren of Sensuality

Unread post by sos » Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:31 pm

Oh, and I had the same middle aged crazy housewife wave at me from various locations in Hiroshima saying "Haro, gaijin" and pointing out to other Japanese passerby's "Look, there is a gaijin. We must say 'Haro' to the gaijin." At least the other Japanese ignored her but I felt really embarrassed for being a gaijin.

angryboy
Busdriver
Busdriver

Unread post by angryboy » Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:37 pm

Wave back and in your best gaijin accent say "Konnichiwa Mrs Japan".

sirwanksalot
Masturbateur
Masturbateur

Unread post by sirwanksalot » Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:35 pm

sos wrote:Oh, and I had the same middle aged crazy housewifesaying Haro, gaijin

Mawashi
Fresh & Minty
Fresh & Minty

Unread post by Mawashi » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:18 pm

Some Osaka Nova people might remember him, but there used to be this realy odd guy who would troll the voice rooms of several schools. And I'm being nice calling him odd. Fucking nuts would be a better description. Anyway, this guy would show pictures of himself waering a blond wig and blue contacts, then say "Guess who, guess who?" He spoke pretty good English but had this fingernails-on-blackboard grating voice that cleared the room in no time. And if he found out a teacher was somehow "different", he would ring up the branch to see if that teacher would be in on a certain day. One poor guy in my school was colourblind and left-handed, so this weirdo would stalk the guy (not literally, but close) to find out when he'd be in. Scary :shock:

Anyone know if he's still around?
Love me because I'm beautiful

BartenBotflyVB
Frustrated Realist
Frustrated Realist
Location: (i'm not barten, or Valve Bouncer, I'm just that botfly c**t)

Re: drunks, mentally disabled, and the like

Unread post by BartenBotflyVB » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:22 am

That cunt in the news that ran amok and slaughtered a couple of dozen of severely handicapped patients in their sleep? Having worked the last 10 years in a spazzmatron, brutally, and sadly, once I heard he'd targeted the totally non compos mentis ones my first thought was "some people will be very, very, very quietly glad he did it." Mum, Dad, some other caregiver. The patients nappies don't change themselves. Life for the parents is absolutely hell on toast. When the nutter decides to just scream his barking mad nuts off all fucking night, for no discernible reason, what do you do? No use asking them why, they can't talk to tell you why. You just have to wear it.

The flaw with such cullings though is that you just don't know what they spazzmo's are thinking. One mute bloke at the spazzmatron seems like an utterly bonkers welt-covered glass-eyed spacco but without fail, every week when I go to leave, he finds me, makes eye contact and shakes my hand. I may have spent my weekly few minutes with him asking and answering my own inane questions but there was someone in there.