What's new?

For topics not directly related to eikaiwa.
Forum rules
The basic forum rules are here :wink: . Refer to the BBCode Guide for information on using BBCode tags, plus this post about additional tags for embedding video.
allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

What's new?

Unread post by allblacks » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:11 pm

Very quiet around here lately! Ill start!

Just had my 41st bday yesterday. Went out with a few close friends and had Shabu Shabu at Sato. They have a deal on self service bar with a pour your own beer machine. It is about 1100 yen including tax for two hours all-you-can-drink. Just awesome! Loved it!
Donald Trump "You know what Uranium does? Lots of things, nuclear and like lots of things."

lordCONAN
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Re: What's new?

Unread post by lordCONAN » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:10 pm

Got married last month, although we'd been living together for around 2 years, so not much has changed. And just been busy with work and stuff.

Junken Master
Hopeless Drone
Hopeless Drone

Unread post by Junken Master » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:48 pm

Got my mother-in-law visiting from Japan for a month. Basically has taken over my house. I'm now just a bit player in things.

Wife won't say anything because she doesn't want to upset her. I can't stay anything because I'll sound like a c**t because she's come all the way from Japan. Anyway it's not in her modus-operandi to just relax I guess is it.

Anyway rented an Air-bnb apartment about 10 mins from my house just so I can have some space. Been staying there every other night. MIL thinks I'm staying at a mates house to keep him company while his wife is in Australia.

Actually thought I'd be OK since I've been back 6 years now and have been relatively stable recently. But the anxiety. What the fuck! Wasn't expecting it to be this bad....

Oh yes, am turning 40 next Thursday. What the fuck!

And making sure I have a good time because I had my 30th ruined while I was working in Japan and some cunt of a boss decided to have an unscheduled and unpaid meeting at 9.00pm on my birthday when I was already fucked due to teaching all day. I told him it was my 30th and I was going out to celebrate with my wife and he hit back with "what's more important, you're birthday or work"! What a total cocksucker!

Going Go-karting in the afternoon and having a meal and major piss-up with loads of old mates in the evening.

Maybe I also need to go and drive a Lamborghini Aventador. I think you can do it for about 100 quid in the UK. My mate did it last year. Let's splash out.

senseiman
9 miles of bad road
9 miles of bad road

Unread post by senseiman » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:51 am

Happy birthday AB and Junkenmaster. I turned 40 last year, its crazy to be half way to 80.....

And Congrats Lord Conan!

My news is that my wife and I are having another kid (which will make 2 for us, our maximum). Doing the pregnancy thing a second time is a million times more difficult than the first, especially at 40, but we are quite excited and just hope everything goes smoothly (baby is due in December so we've got a lot more of this ahead of us).
祇園精舎の鐘の聲、諸行無常の響あり。娑羅雙樹の花の色、盛者必衰のことわりをあらはす。おごれる人も久しからず、唯春の夜の夢のごとし。たけき者も遂にほろびぬ、偏に風の前の塵に同じ。

allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

Unread post by allblacks » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:24 pm

Wow guys. Thats awesome. Thanks for the updates!
Donald Trump "You know what Uranium does? Lots of things, nuclear and like lots of things."

RalphWiggum
LJ Oracle
LJ Oracle

Unread post by RalphWiggum » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:46 am

Congrats to the newlyweds and the birthday boys!

All is plodding along as usual chez Wiggum. I had to take a promotion I didn't want a few months ago so work is a pain in the arse - more money, but probably not worth it. I've taken up homebrewing with a passion over the past couple of years so that takes a lot of my weekends, and the hangovers from all the beer I've consumed are only getting harder to deal with as I approach my 42nd birthday. Mrs W and the kids are doing well - Mrs W won the county marathon championship last year and the kids are top of the class at school. We're back in Japan for 3 weeks in July, staying at the MiL's place in East Hokkaido for a couple of weeks before doing a week in Sapporo. Can't wait for some decent Japanese food...
Shit wank bollocks

sirwanksalot
Masturbateur
Masturbateur

Unread post by sirwanksalot » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:16 pm

HBD boys, We're all around the same age. I turned 41 in March. I quit one of my jobs a few days ago and it feels like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

T.D.
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread post by T.D. » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:40 am

Fuck me I'm old. turning 48 in 2 weeks. Junken Master, it took me a few years to adjust to life back in the states as well. Guessing it's normal and bet most of us went through that. Wife and I bought a nice travel trailer and been enjoying getting the hell outta dodge, grilling, drinking and fishing and enjoying nature. As a bonus, I got to upgrade the truck and went with a F250 Super Duty with the 6.7 diesel. What a behemoth of a truck! Also about got my '76 BMW all done, waiting on a carburetor and hopefully she'll fire right up.

Junken Master
Hopeless Drone
Hopeless Drone

Unread post by Junken Master » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:37 pm

Mother-in-law returned to Japan last week and actually everything worked out fine in the end. Had hardly spoken Japanese for 6 years but managed to speak with her in a good degree of emotional depth at times.

Congrats on number #2 to Senseiman and to other birthdays!

Well I bought some DJ decks (hooked up to a laptop) a little while ago and I seem to be half decent at it. Got my first "gig" in my few weeks at a local community centre doing a family disco! And if it's OK I might be able to do it on a monthly basis and charge a few quid for it - and have a couple of work colleagues who reckon they can get quite a few people to come along!

Also might try and hit a few bars to see if anyone can give me a go. I'm mostly into early 90s music - early rave 91-94 / early clubbing tunes / Ibiza classics or more cheesy stuff.

Not sure how well rave would go down at the Family Disco though! Although maybe I can mix one or two tunes in :-)

Inakanosensei
Frustrated Realist
Frustrated Realist

Unread post by Inakanosensei » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:59 am

I will be visiting Japan for three weeks this summer. I am looking for cheap hotels, or maybe even capsule hotels, to stay in. I might be able to stay at my son's place for the last week if he is not too busy. Yes, I am old, too. Older than 48... :(

RalphWiggum
LJ Oracle
LJ Oracle

Unread post by RalphWiggum » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:51 pm

Inakanosensei wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:59 am
I will be visiting Japan for three weeks this summer. I am looking for cheap hotels, or maybe even capsule hotels, to stay in. I might be able to stay at my son's place for the last week if he is not too busy. Yes, I am old, too. Older than 48... :(
Airbnb has worked out cheap for us when we've stayed before. We're using them again in a couple of weeks in Sapporo. Not as cheap as a capsule though!
Shit wank bollocks

Shawn
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: At Mitch & Murray, holding on to the good leads and preparing sets of steak knives

Unread post by Shawn » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:21 am

I feel positively young compared to you old bastards! :mrgreen:

/Only just a little. Not really that young, either.

T.D.
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread post by T.D. » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:07 am

Noticed LJ forums we're down a few days ago. About scared the piss outta me. I know I haven't lived in J-land for 10 years, but damn, still holding hope this site doesn't go down.

allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

Unread post by allblacks » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:58 am

Apparently it was an issue with the server. Same for me though! Glad it is back up.

BartenBotflyVB
Frustrated Realist
Frustrated Realist
Location: (i'm not barten, or Valve Bouncer, I'm just that botfly c**t)

Unread post by BartenBotflyVB » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:00 pm

T.D. wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:40 am
Fuck me I'm old. turning 48 in 2 weeks.
A pathetic age.

Incidentally, I am also 48.

The meat machine is failing. That's what's fucken new.

Even worse thatn that.... I think I might be losing interest in music

allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

Unread post by allblacks » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:53 am

Id be losing interest in music too if I listened to the current top 100: Ariana Grande, Justin Beiber, Ed Sheeran, that Despacito shit, Katy Perry, All 100% shit on a stick.

T.D.
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread post by T.D. » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:06 am

Yes, music is in a sad fucking state. Why the fuck is Justin Beiber still around??????????????? Who's buying all his shitty music???????

BergKatse
Hopeless Drone
Hopeless Drone

Unread post by BergKatse » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:10 am