Lifes little gripes II

For topics not directly related to eikaiwa.
Forum rules
The basic forum rules are here :wink: . Refer to the BBCode Guide for information on using BBCode tags, plus this post about additional tags for embedding video.
steki47

Re: Lifes little gripes II

Unread post by steki47 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:18 pm

sirwanksalot wrote:Shit...You know that's my favorite place. RIP Yamachan!
Had some great nights there with the Nagoya crew. Big pots of chicken bones and way too many empty pitchers.

Lets hit it up again!

sirwanksalot
Masturbateur
Masturbateur

Unread post by sirwanksalot » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:20 pm

I'm going to be in Nagoya on Tuesday and Wednesday next week. I'm broke as fuck though but have a credit card!

T.D.
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread post by T.D. » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:02 am

Shit. I loved that place!!! I've tried making them here in the states on my Big Green Egg (Komado) but haven't been able to get it anywhere close.

steki47

Unread post by steki47 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:01 pm

sirwanksalot wrote:I'm going to be in Nagoya on Tuesday and Wednesday next week. I'm broke as fuck though but have a credit card!
Damn, can't make it. Packing and moving that week. In Sept I will be up for a pitcher.

inflames
9 miles of bad road
9 miles of bad road

Unread post by inflames » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:16 pm

I got married earlier this year.

Came home last week to find my wife with her yakuza ex-boyfriend.

Got divorced yesterday. We were planning a hotel wedding and former MiL is insisting I pay part of the cancellation fee (which totals 450,000 yen, after the 200,000 yen I already paid). Am telling her to fuck off because the entire thing happened because ex-wife was meeting (and after checking her phone, calling and e-mailing - nothing about cheating but references to meeting) her yakuza ex-boyfriend. Her family is insisting they are just friends but honestly I am not an idiot (please, just say you borrowed money from the dude and you were paying him back or something). She has done shit like starting fights in public and I have honestly had it.

Ex is saying she will call my work and has already been sending crazy e-mails to my parents (who have told me that divorcing her is the right thing to do as meeting an ex is unacceptable). Working as a haken and my contract is until end of September so debating what to do (contract seems like it will get renewed, currently not sure) - if I should stay or go home. If I go home, my brother can probably get me a job in a month or so but debating what to do.

ShonaiBen
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread post by ShonaiBen » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:48 pm

fuck man.......that really sucks...........especially having just gotten married this year......talk about a kick in the balls.
Agree with your parents though..........divorce was the right decision.
Keep your chin up lad and don't take any shit from the in-laws or the ex...........best of luck.
[b]Shit Sticks to the Wall.........[/b]

In The Know
Cassandra
Cassandra

Unread post by In The Know » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:30 pm

inflames wrote:I got married earlier this year. Came home last week to find my wife with her yakuza ex-boyfriend. Got divorced yesterday. We were planning a hotel wedding and former MiL is insisting I pay part of the cancellation fee (which totals 450,000 yen, after the 200,000 yen I already paid). Am telling her to fuck off.
You had to divorce and there was no other option. This isn't a marriage situation that a couple "works out." That's my opinion. Also, I'm with you, I wouldn't another yen toward the reception. Tell the MIL to hit the yakuza bf up for the balance. He seems to like her and she him.

Good luck going forward! Good thing you found out about this fairly early in the marriage. :thumbsup:
My blog of mocking satire which targets Kim Jong-un and his evil regime: https://reedakted.blogspot.com

steki47

Unread post by steki47 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:35 pm

inflames wrote:I got married earlier this year.

Came home last week to find my wife with her yakuza ex-boyfriend.

Got divorced yesterday.
Very sorry to hear about that. Dude, that totally sucks. Get out of that situation ASAP. Don't pay shit.

As for the future, maybe going home (even only temp) might clear your head a bit. Especially if the family or the gangster want to cause you problems.

Again, sorry to hear about that.

Junken Master
Hopeless Drone
Hopeless Drone

Unread post by Junken Master » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:02 pm

To Inflames,

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

If you wanted another objective opinion then I'm with Steki47 on this one.

You're obviously settled in Japan but at this moment in time it seems like there are too many people wanting to take pieces out of you. It could get messy quickly, especially if this "Yakuza" guy and the MIL decide to team up.

Finish your contract and the fuck out of dodge for a bit. You can go back and get a job out there again anytime.
Be around people who can support you for a while, and more importantly people you can trust. Give a massive two finger salute to the mother-in-law.

Also if you do leave then try not to let them know you're leaving otherwise they could easily try something beforehand. Just get on the plane and piss off. Tell your parents to block the E-mails, just remove all contact.

steki47

Unread post by steki47 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:11 pm

Junken Master wrote:
Also if you do leave then try not to let them know you're leaving otherwise they could easily try something beforehand. Just get on the plane and piss off. Tell your parents to block the E-mails, just remove all contact.
This. I pulled a disappearing act when my ex and her family got weird and threatening. I secretely bought a ticket and vanished. Did not want to them a chance to stop/hurt me. They of course knew I went home but they couldn't fuck with me from overseas.

Came back 6 months later. Moved to a different prefecture.

Take care of yourself first. Things could be messy for a bit but they will be ok.

allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

Unread post by allblacks » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:00 am

What a bad situation to be in mate.

Just friends is utter bullshit.

This thing will fizzle out. Just need a bit of time. Dunno about going home. Up to you.
Donald Trump "You know what Uranium does? Lots of things, nuclear and like lots of things."

allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

Unread post by allblacks » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:17 pm

Today on the way to work I stopped by 7/11 and grabbed a bit of breakfast. When I was pulling out of the parking lot I made sure no other cars were coming and slowly pulled into the street. Some other guy in a small Toyota decided that he should push in without looking and nearly took me out. No apology. Just a glare.

Unfortunately it didn't come out too well in the drive cam. You can just see him pulling out.

I'm still mad about it. I've often seen him at the 7/11 in question. The next time I do I am going to confront this guy. These Fuck wits need to be put in their place
Donald Trump "You know what Uranium does? Lots of things, nuclear and like lots of things."

sirwanksalot
Masturbateur
Masturbateur

Unread post by sirwanksalot » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:42 am

I got a free ticket to a music festival last weekend. That's not a gripe at all but the reggae that was played there is. The lyrics consisted of "waive your hand to the left and to the right" Right side say boombadaqdada. Left side say boombadabada......etc. No fucking soul in Japanese music at alll or at least the music that I was listening to.

sirwanksalot
Masturbateur
Masturbateur

Unread post by sirwanksalot » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:46 am

sirwanksalot wrote:I got a free ticket to a music festival last weekend. That's not a gripe at all but the reggae that was played there is. The lyrics consisted of "waive your hand to the left and to the right" Right side say boombadaqdada. Left side say boombadabada......etc. No fucking soul in Japanese music at alll or at least the music that I was listening to.

Dancing fools at their best.

allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

Unread post by allblacks » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:32 am

No posts here in this thread for almost a month. Maybe it is time to shut this thread down? Thoughts anyone?

Sorry for non gripe...

allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

Unread post by allblacks » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:11 am

Well I'm gonna come in and have a gripe...

The lines at Kansai airport the other day for security were bloody ridiculous! I was trying to go through the north side of it and there were 2 parts to the line. The first was roped off and about 50m or so long. After that, the second part went snake like around in a circle then to the doors of entrance. It took about 40 mins just to get through in total.

This was a Wednesday and not in Japanese holidays. Couldn't make heads or tails of it! Immigration was empty though!

Very strange indeed.

allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

Unread post by allblacks » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:02 pm

Just had a run in with a fuck wit that parked in front of my car. Told him to move and he got all smart and tried the WHAT'S YOUR NAME thing in broken Engrish. I actually called the cops in front of him and he moved his car.

Who are these fucking morons? There are like 5 signs saying no parking. It makes no.sense at all.

sirwanksalot
Masturbateur
Masturbateur

Unread post by sirwanksalot » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:42 pm

Allblacks, That's your merry xmas present. A crow took a dump on me and as I was checking the pockets of my hoodie before I hosed it off I found the bulk of the shit in the pocket! Very seedy.

allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

Unread post by allblacks » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:12 pm

No wonder the Japanese government is making old people give up their licenses... Fucking idiots can't drive for shit! So many oldies on scooters riding on the shoulder generally getting in the way or undertaking cars. It's dangerous to try to go straight when cars are turning left you morons! Especially when they CAN'T SEE YOU COMING UP THE INSIDE like that until the last second.

This is why I always check twice and wait!

Then you have the dick head bicycle riders that run red lights and generally think they are above the rules.

Shitty day. Sorry.

MacGyver
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread post by MacGyver » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:55 am

allblacks wrote:No wonder the Japanese government is making old people give up their licenses...
Yep, without doubt they should. I saw an oldie (in his late 70s, if not 80s) hit a pole the other day. He was turning right and reckons he didn't see the pole (the wife and I were literally 20 meters away when it happened so went over to see if he was OK). Luckily, it was a narrow street he was turning into so wasn't going terribly fast, although the pole destroyed the right fender at the front of his car, and clearly the window wiper water tank or something that stores water cause there was a puddle of water around his car. Not bad enough that he couldn't drive it though, so he called his Toyota dealer and presumably drove it there. But yeah it seems almost every day there is another accident on the tele involving old peeps, and often fatalities involved. In fact, just over the weekend an old couple (both pushing 80) missed a curve in the road and slammed into a wall, which called them both instantly. Not a bad way to go as an old married couple though I guess!
"Yous guys talk a lotta shit. I'm much more smarter than all a yous." - Samurai Jerk after being owned by the Let's Japan crew.

allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

Unread post by allblacks » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:48 am

I've been avoiding posting my gripes except for the above one about the elderly driving. I realize how pathetic it is to moan about those people...

But here's a good one from yesterday morning. I got a phone call at exactly 3am from someone I don't know. Naturally my phone was on silent and i didn't answer. Kinda remembered the number and during work I noticed I had another call from the same number and a message asking about some shit I'm selling.

It turns out this person thinks it's normal.to call someone at 3am about something I'm selling. Fuck.... I'm not on call! Sheesh!

allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

Unread post by allblacks » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:42 am

Oh no. We have a problem here. I'm in hospital and this guy in the same room has just turned on his TV and I suspect is watching one of those late night bakawarai shows.

This is on top of what just happened with the nurse coming in and putting another drip on at 10:30pm when it's, supposed to be finished at 10.

I'm pretty fucked off now. She woke me up to do it and then went into talk and laugh with the guy next to me for a good ten mins. That stopped any chance of me getting back to sleep. Cunt!

Oh and it gets better. Some alarm keeps going off for the guy next to me as well. No sleep tonight. It's all about these two guys.

Oh and I asked to move rooms but there are none available. Thanks for putting me in a noisy fucking room away from my old nice quiet one and then keeping me up all night with that annoying Fucking loud pitched noise.

In The Know
Cassandra
Cassandra

Unread post by In The Know » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:20 am

allblacks wrote:Oh no. We have a problem here. I'm in hospital and this guy in the same room has just turned on his TV and I suspect is watching one of those late night bakawarai shows.
I've never been in a Japanese hospital, but in a shared room shouldn't there be a rule about no TV after 10 or 11 p.m.? You're in a hospital, recuperating and recovering, and probably not sleeping well anyway! Barring a no-TV rule, make a rule that patients have to use headphones with TV after a set and reasonable evening hour.

If I were in your case I'd worry about having to go directly from the hospital after discharge to my first court appearance as I faced a murder charge for the sudden demise of the selfish asshole blasting shit TV at night. :smash:
My blog of mocking satire which targets Kim Jong-un and his evil regime: https://reedakted.blogspot.com

allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

Unread post by allblacks » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:39 pm

The guy was actually using headphones but was laughing with the tv.

I'm watching Game of Thrones. Been good catching up with no distractions.

allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

Unread post by allblacks » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:11 pm

Can't really go into specifics, but while I was in hospital, a guy that had worked for me for a few years really let me down. He is gone and I won't have him back again. Not performing as required is the main reason.

I'm really fucked off about it as it was him taking advantage of the situation. Fucking cunt!

Editing this post to add some more gripes.

People that don't read payment requirements in auctions then ask that you change it just for them. No I won't do that for you sorry. It's not even my rule. Yahoo auctions decided it. Go moan about it to them.