The President Trump Thread

A forum for discussing topics not related to eikaiwa or Japan.
Forum rules
The basic forum rules are here :wink: . Refer to the BBCode Guide for information on using BBCode tags, plus this post about additional tags for embedding video.
steki47

The President Trump Thread

Unread post by steki47 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:25 pm

senseiman wrote:
The anti-environmental/anti-science element isnt necessarily a part of "conservatism" since it clearly contradicts so much of the underlying philosophy of conservatism. It strikes me as nothing more than a reflection of choices made by the Republican party to include (for other reasons) large and often dirty industry groups in their coalition
Poor choice of words on my part. I apologize. Conservatism, Inc. has embraced corporations, whereas conservatism would include proper stewardship or conserving of the environment.
Carry on.

BartenBotflyVB
Frustrated Realist
Frustrated Realist
Location: (i'm not barten, or Valve Bouncer, I'm just that botfly c**t)

Re: And the next leader of the free world will be...

Unread post by BartenBotflyVB » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:15 pm

thank fuck the Trumpster won, gifts cunts like me such a wealth of pic wrecking material...

steki47

Unread post by steki47 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:41 pm

BartenBotflyVB wrote:thank fuck the Trumpster won, gifts cunts like me such a wealth of pic wrecking material...
Damn, thought you were joking. Nope, Tards4Trump.

allblacks

Unread post by allblacks » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:51 am

Trump's speeches are so condescending. What a prick.

Shawn
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: At Mitch & Murray, holding on to the good leads and preparing sets of steak knives

Unread post by Shawn » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:19 pm

Just. Fucking. Brutal. The guy threw together a mix of his best one-liners from the campaign trail and tossed in some doom and gloom, and called it a speech. Not only did he openly pick a fight with the rest of the world, but gave a big FU to all the ex-presidents, congressmen, and senators in attendance. Gotta laugh at all those empty seats and bleachers during the inauguration and parade, though.

allblacks

Unread post by allblacks » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:00 pm

Posting from my phone and sometimes the auto correct is in turbo mode...

Trump is a master of the lowest common denominator talk. Already miss the level headed Obama and he's been gone one day...

RalphWiggum
LJ Oracle
LJ Oracle

Unread post by RalphWiggum » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:08 pm

I still can't quite believe it's come to this. I understand completely that people are sick of career politicians, I count myself as one of them, but how could anyone with a brain in their head think that Donald Trump is the answer to the problem?
Shit wank bollocks

BergKatse
Hopeless Drone
Hopeless Drone

Unread post by BergKatse » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:28 am

RalphWiggum wrote:How could anyone with a brain in their head think that Donald Trump is the answer to the problem?
My guess (and it's nothing more than that): They don't think he's the answer; they he think he's a statement, and that statement is "Fuck you!"

Shawn
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: At Mitch & Murray, holding on to the good leads and preparing sets of steak knives

Unread post by Shawn » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:47 pm

Wow. Did you catch that first presser?

A full 5 minutes of whining. This is either going to be a very long and painful 4 years, or really, really amusing. :rotfl:

MacGyver
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread post by MacGyver » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:27 pm

Shawn wrote:This is either going to be a very long and painful 4 years, or really, really amusing. :rotfl:
I didn't see it (until just now) but I was out having a walk earlier and listening to Aussie radio and heard about this presser on the news and thought EXACTLY what you just said. And to make it worse, the press sec isn't very good at public speaking....
"Yous guys talk a lotta shit. I'm much more smarter than all a yous." - Samurai Jerk after being owned by the Let's Japan crew.

Shawn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Shawn » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:25 pm

I'm hoping for amusing. The press can call him out on his lies by interrupting with, "WRONG!" And yes, the man is not very good at public speaking.

allblacks

Unread post by allblacks » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:30 am

Don't think it's not being good at public speaking. He's not very good at reading. Lol

Shawn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Shawn » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:57 am

I take back my previous comment about the next 4 years being amusing. It's going to be ugly and nasty.
This is some serious gaslighting and it's insidious. Right out of the gate, the Trump administration is going after the press.

Disclaimer: LJ is not responsible for personal injury caused by smashing your head against your desk, gouging your eyes out, or heavy drinking, or loss of property caused by throwing your computer against the wall as a result of watching this video.

senseiman
9 miles of bad road
9 miles of bad road

Unread post by senseiman » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:04 pm

Its going to be an ugly time for quite a while.

People will probably get sick of this extremely fast (well, most are of course already sick of it).

I am just hoping he doesn't fuck up the world too much while he has the keys.
祇園精舎の鐘の聲、諸行無常の響あり。娑羅雙樹の花の色、盛者必衰のことわりをあらはす。おごれる人も久しからず、唯春の夜の夢のごとし。たけき者も遂にほろびぬ、偏に風の前の塵に同じ。

allblacks

Unread post by allblacks » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:21 pm

Holy Fuck.

sirwanksalot
Masturbateur
Masturbateur

Unread post by sirwanksalot » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:31 pm

fuck.

steki47

Unread post by steki47 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:44 pm

Shawn wrote: Right out of the gate, the Trump administration is going after the press.
Must say, Trump's assaults on the press have been delightful to watch. Fuck the media.

http://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/ ... e-news.cnn

Trump to sign orders on immigration tomorrow. Watch the sparks fly!

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/24/trump-to ... uters.html

Shawn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Shawn » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:35 pm

Trump is going after the press because he is doing an awesome job of wrecking his own credibility. He refuses to let go of the crowd sizes and claims of voter fraud when these things are easily disproved. It looks like he will announce that he will build the wall and measures on immigration tomorrow. Maybe he'll be able to control of the narrative with these. But probably not. The wall is just going to piss off Mexico.

steki47

Unread post by steki47 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:18 pm

Shawn wrote:Trump is going after the press because he is doing an awesome job of wrecking his own credibility.
Um, no. The media and the Left are flipping out because Trump is doing exactly what he said he would do. Honorable.

This CNN headline is hilarious. Did they think Trump was joking?

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/01/25/polit ... happening/
Shawn wrote: It looks like he will announce that he will build the wall and measures on immigration tomorrow.
Yup.Wall is going up. 90 Somalis got deported. (Gosh, there goes the economy.)

http://www.africanews.com/2017/01/26/90 ... om-the-us/

I am in the Trumpen Jugend. This is what I voted for and this is what he doing. I am overjoyed to have a real president.

BergKatse
Hopeless Drone
Hopeless Drone

Unread post by BergKatse » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:39 pm

Despite all the furore, I'm not convinced that disaster is impending* (although, admittedly, that depends entirely on what you consider to be a disaster). I assume there will be regression, incidents, accidents, and protests -- just like there was under every other president.

I assume Trump is not displeased that so many people are talking about his interview with ABC or his spat with the Mexican president, because it means fewer people are talking about other, more important things, taking oxygen out of those issues. Just like the sleight-of-hand magician directing your attention to his left hand so you don't see his right hand fishing the card out from under the table.

Meanwhile, Trump is comedy gold. Every day he is sent up in new and hilarious ways.

*Yet.

steki47

Unread post by steki47 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:13 pm

BergKatse wrote:Meanwhile, Trump is comedy gold.
That snarky mockery is tinged with a hilarious dose of fear and terror. The Left is undergoing some serious psychic trauma. Meanwhile I am overdosing on white pills and schadenfreude.

This fragile mind actually gave himself a heart attack due to Trump.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... ing-himse/

Hollywood, etc has been hilariously freaking out.
This nutter-
14991995_10104236718628849_1467325648087986404_n.jpg
And this classic-

Seriously folks, laugh and scream all you want, this is happening!

Shawn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Shawn » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:30 pm

steki47 wrote:Um, no. The media and the Left are flipping out because Trump is doing exactly what he said he would do. Honorable.
Really? Trump has brought the media scrutiny upon himself. He's doubling down on issues that have been easily disproved: the size of the inauguration crowds and voter fraud, for example. You don't berate the media in your first official presser and then have your media strategist (Bannon) initiate contact with the media and tell them straight out that they are shit and the enemy. You're just asking for extra scrutiny. It's been an eventful week, and Trump has managed to step on every single banana peel in his way.

Trump has been busy signing a lot of executive orders. I've noticed that he likes to show them off, which is fine. It's theatre to show everyone that he's on the job. But what catches my attention is when he reads off the orders. It makes me wonder if the guy knows how to read. People have noted how stilted and incoherent his speaking is, but his reading seems just as bad.

The wall is not going up. Trump still has to budget for it and then work with Congress to get things started. There's also the fact that much of the border land is privately owned. Just watch the shit storm when Trump tells Texans that he's going to use eminent domain to put a wall in their backyards. Good luck with that.

sirwanksalot
Masturbateur
Masturbateur

Unread post by sirwanksalot » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:43 pm

Shawn wrote:
Trump has been busy signing a lot of executive orders. I've noticed that he likes to show them off, which is fine. It's theatre to show everyone that he's on the job. But what catches my attention is when he reads off the orders. It makes me wonder if the guy knows how to read. People have noted how stilted and incoherent his speaking is, but his reading seems just as bad.

Both of his parents had alzheimer's He's 70. He more than likely has it too. George Dubya was/is way more articulate than Trump.

In The Know
Cassandra
Cassandra

"Winning" Remember that campaign promise?

Unread post by In The Know » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:01 am

Well, it isn't too soon to report that we are not "winning" with "President" Trump. On the campaign the obnoxious loudmouth cocksucker said, "When I'm President we are going to win so much. We are going to win so much you are going to get sick of all the winning." :bs:

His first week has been an unqualified disaster. He is losing-- and losing it-- at every turn. He is a fucking wrecking ball. At some point the GOP will find a way to get rid of him (thank you 25th Amendment), but in the meantime he goes on with his ignorant path of destruction, isolation, paranoia, and delusion. What a mix for a world leader.

Of course the replacement is VP Pence. Some replacement. :poo:

steki47

Unread post by steki47 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:31 am

Shawn wrote:
steki47 wrote:Um, no. The media and the Left are flipping out because Trump is doing exactly what he said he would do. Honorable.
Really? Trump has brought the media scrutiny upon himself. He's doubling down on issues that have been easily disproved: the size of the inauguration crowds and voter fraud, for example. You don't berate the media in your first official presser and then have your media strategist (Bannon) initiate contact with the media and tell them straight out that they are shit and the enemy.
I see massive gaslighting coming from the media. (Have seen this for years but will focus on Trump here.) Voter fraud has been a problem with the Dems since my parents generation. Fighting voter ID laws (of course, racist) to registering dead people. Crowd size seems more like Liberal media droning on about this for a weeks or so.

Much of the media is biased and dishonest. I think I have mentioned that here before, but the selective addition and omission of racial data and the depiction of immigration restriction as extremism (a majority position) are examples. The lies about Trump and the pathologizing of Trump voters are other great examples. These media assholes deserve every punch in the nose Trump can throw.

steki47

Re: "Winning" Remember that campaign promise?

Unread post by steki47 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:41 am

In The Know wrote:His first week has been an unqualified disaster.
Restricting immigration from countries prone to terrorism
Banking reform (subprime)
Planning wall
TPP/NAFTA going out
Deporting Third Worlders
Etc etc

I think his first week has been outstanding. No, I am not tired of winning.

In The Know
Cassandra
Cassandra

Unread post by In The Know » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:52 am

steki47 wrote:I see massive gaslighting coming from the media.
:shock: Wow. The media? Granted, they were complicit pussies during the campaign and didn't do their job reporting on the shit stain Trump as candidate. I fault them for that. It's clear now that the gaslighting is coming from Trump, Kellyanne "There are alternative facts" :bang: Conway, and Trump's press secretary, Sean Spicer. Any time something doesn't go Trump's way it's because the (fill in the issue at hand) is "rigged." It's rigged! Everything!

His approval rating is... 36% after his first week. The lowest EVER for a new President. Don't get too in love with Trump, he won't make it four years. He is waaay outside his depth and he knows it. So America will get Pence in 6-12 months. :poo:

By any metric his first week has been a disaster. Even Republicans are looking at the 25th Amendment as a way to oust him. I don't have a problem with a Republican winning and taking the office. I have a problem with an unqualified bombastic moron with no gravitas or maturity representing the U.S. to the world. Trump doesn't have logical, well-researched and defensible policies and positions-- he has tweets, tantrums, knee-jerk "policy decisions," excuses, and screaming rants.

allblacks

Unread post by allblacks » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:55 am

Lol

In The Know
Cassandra
Cassandra

Unread post by In The Know » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:57 am

sirwanksalot wrote:Both of his parents had alzheimer's He's 70. He more than likely has it too. George Dubya was/is way more articulate than Trump.
:thumbsup: All true. You know you're a heapin' pile of :poo: when people say (correctly) that George Bush 2 was more articulate and brighter when compared to Trump.

In The Know
Cassandra
Cassandra

Unread post by In The Know » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:00 am

allblacks wrote:

Lol

Oooh, fuck. :thumbsup: ABs