gentlemens relish

A forum for discussing topics not related to eikaiwa or Japan.
Forum rules
The basic forum rules are here :wink: . Refer to the BBCode Guide for information on using BBCode tags, plus this post about additional tags for embedding video.
exUsagiCoalMiner
Cassandra
Cassandra
Location: In the concrete jungle known as "the Kitchen of Japan"....

Re: gentlemens relish

Unread post by exUsagiCoalMiner » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:59 am

I've actually got the "Recon" model of the N-Strike line. Nerf N-Strike 'RECON'
I'm trying to figure a way to paint it black without damaging any of the mechanisms - as it looks like a pretty convincing stormtrooper blaster.
But, the thing fires the foam darts with massive force - they easily clear the length of my apartment and still bounce hard off the wall.
"But it's got sharp, pointy teeth!"

InTheColdLightOfDay
9 miles of bad road
9 miles of bad road

Unread post by InTheColdLightOfDay » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:54 pm

exUsagiCoalMiner wrote:I've actually got the "Recon" model of the N-Strike line. I'm trying to figure a way to paint it black without damaging any of the mechanisms - as it looks like a pretty convincing stormtrooper blaster.
How did you ever convince an actual woman to marry you?
Each monkeys has different face. It's very difficult to distinguish monkey's face, like we can't memorize foreigner's face.

exUsagiCoalMiner
Cassandra
Cassandra
Location: In the concrete jungle known as "the Kitchen of Japan"....

Unread post by exUsagiCoalMiner » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:01 pm

InTheColdLightOfDay wrote:How did you ever convince an actual woman to marry you?
She knew what she was getting into! :lol:
"But it's got sharp, pointy teeth!"

SamhainP8
Dronus japonica
Dronus japonica

Unread post by SamhainP8 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:26 pm

InTheColdLightOfDay wrote:
exUsagiCoalMiner wrote:I've actually got the "Recon" model of the N-Strike line. I'm trying to figure a way to paint it black without damaging any of the mechanisms - as it looks like a pretty convincing stormtrooper blaster.
How did you ever convince an actual woman to marry you?
:rotfl: :clap:
"Do you know how a falcon is trained, my dear? Her eyes are sewn shut. Blinded temporarily, she suffers the whims of her God patiently, until her will is submerged and she learns to serve - as your God taught and blinded you with crosses."

Wage Slave
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread post by Wage Slave » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:42 pm

On reflection this picture deserves a place on this thread. A woman, in an office, with a RPG launcher:

Don't hesitate to spoil the ship for a ha'porth of tar. You'll get credit for saving the ha'penny and someone else will get the blame for losing the ship.

Shawn
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: At Mitch & Murray, holding on to the good leads and preparing sets of steak knives

Unread post by Shawn » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:25 am

Refresh my memory on penalty kicks. Is this a goal? The ref seems to have said yes. :rotfl:

bshabu
Jaded Veteran
Jaded Veteran

Unread post by bshabu » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:25 am

Not just for the Gents, but better than starting a new thread. saw this on the BBC site. Stoner quickest in final practice

I know it's stupid but I had a chuckle.

edited for typo
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." - Frank Sinatra

allblacks

Unread post by allblacks » Mon May 30, 2011 6:45 pm

http://ugliesttattoos.failblog.org/

My god. What have they done!

Are they the lemmings?
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread post by Are they the lemmings? » Mon May 30, 2011 7:16 pm

Those bad tattoo blogs always remind me of one girl. Back in the late 1980s or very early 1990s, I saw outside a record shop a girl with weird shapes and symbols tattooed on her face. I thought nothing more of it until I saw her a couple of years later on a TV ad. I forget what the ad was for, but it was one of those ads run by a major corporation when they want to be "down with the kids" - you know, they spout on about individuality and edginess and such crap.

Anyway, this girl was being "interviewed" for the ad. The caption said she was in some band, and she was talking about her facial tattoos. "I get all sorts of different reactions from people," she said. "I've had people screaming at me in the street." Then came the line that made me cringe: "But I could never regret getting them because they mean too much to me spiritually.

Well, that was nigh on twenty years ago and she'd likely be in her early-to-mid forties today. I wonder how spiritual those tattoos feel to her now.
Ahead! Groove factor five! Yeah!

Wage Slave
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread post by Wage Slave » Mon May 30, 2011 7:45 pm

Do any tattoos look any good after 20 years or so? When I worked on the rigs there were quite a few ex forces guys with tatts of varying quality. Even the ones which were good in the first place looked crap after a while. The ones that were crap in the first place looked absolutely dire. A lot of them were using their high earning power to have laser removal done in Harley Street with varying degrees of success and lots of scarring. Anyway, it was enough to put me off the idea.
Don't hesitate to spoil the ship for a ha'porth of tar. You'll get credit for saving the ha'penny and someone else will get the blame for losing the ship.

MacGyver
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread post by MacGyver » Tue May 31, 2011 6:02 pm

That's why I've never really been interested in getting a tat. Sometimes I see one and think its cool but most of the time not. Most tats look shit, not to mention the full sleeve tat that seems to be in vogue these days, especially amongst pro sportsmen (even cricketers are getting in the act!) :jaw:

And beyond the looking bad in 20 years thing, I would worry that I would change my mind and decide I didn't want it after all. But of course by then its too late. I reckon you'd have to be absolutely sure and I can't say I've ever been absolutely sure about anything in my entire life....
"Yous guys talk a lotta shit. I'm much more smarter than all a yous." - Samurai Jerk after being owned by the Let's Japan crew.

Are they the lemmings?
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread post by Are they the lemmings? » Tue May 31, 2011 6:46 pm

From Red Dwarf...

Kryten: I've completed your medical examination, Mr. Lister, sir, and I've found something very disturbing.
Lister: It's that tattoo on my inner thigh, isn't it? I don't really love Olaf Petersen, you know. He got me so drunk I didn't know what I was doing.

Trivia: The actor who appears very occasionally in Red Dwarf playing Petersen is nowadays more popularly known as Ron Weasley's dad in the Harry Potter series.
Ahead! Groove factor five! Yeah!

katamari
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread post by katamari » Tue May 31, 2011 6:50 pm

it depends on how ostentatious your tat is. a big full arm, coloured dragon will look shite, but my wee black i ching sign looks just the same as it did 20 years ago. some nutters just go over the top with tattoos. expensive, painful and gaudy.
How do I get out of this chickenshit outfit?

angryboy
Busdriver
Busdriver

Unread post by angryboy » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:51 pm

[quote="valve-bouncer"]Fuck me, I hope to christ you are a troll because the possibility of someone so mind-numbingly boring as you walking amongst us gives me the fear.[/quote]

SamhainP8
Dronus japonica
Dronus japonica

Unread post by SamhainP8 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:25 am

"Do you know how a falcon is trained, my dear? Her eyes are sewn shut. Blinded temporarily, she suffers the whims of her God patiently, until her will is submerged and she learns to serve - as your God taught and blinded you with crosses."

allblacks

Unread post by allblacks » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:32 pm

You want awesome? This is awesome! NSFW

angryboy
Busdriver
Busdriver

Unread post by angryboy » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:11 pm

:thumbsup: :drool: :thumbsup: :drool: :drool:
[quote="valve-bouncer"]Fuck me, I hope to christ you are a troll because the possibility of someone so mind-numbingly boring as you walking amongst us gives me the fear.[/quote]

angryboy
Busdriver
Busdriver

Unread post by angryboy » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:28 am

Langslave wrote:Miniskirt Police, Tonight 2
Now they were quality let night TV viewing!

katamari
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread post by katamari » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:16 am

only j telly i watch is that karaoke show on nhk sunday lunchtime. funny as fuck.
How do I get out of this chickenshit outfit?

angryboy
Busdriver
Busdriver

Unread post by angryboy » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:01 am

InTheColdLightOfDay
9 miles of bad road
9 miles of bad road

Unread post by InTheColdLightOfDay » Thu May 30, 2013 2:59 pm

Bump.

Each monkeys has different face. It's very difficult to distinguish monkey's face, like we can't memorize foreigner's face.

Shawn
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: At Mitch & Murray, holding on to the good leads and preparing sets of steak knives

Unread post by Shawn » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:30 pm

Not sure where to put this, but I'd like to nominate this as the official tagline of eikaiwa.

Shawn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Shawn » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:51 am

Shawn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Shawn » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:31 am

This is fascinating. The guy unlearns how to ride a bike. Bonus: A lesson in cognitive bias.

senseiman
9 miles of bad road
9 miles of bad road

Unread post by senseiman » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:02 pm

That is pretty awesome.
祇園精舎の鐘の聲、諸行無常の響あり。娑羅雙樹の花の色、盛者必衰のことわりをあらはす。おごれる人も久しからず、唯春の夜の夢のごとし。たけき者も遂にほろびぬ、偏に風の前の塵に同じ。

In The Know
Cassandra
Cassandra

Unread post by In The Know » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:01 pm

Finally, some happy news in the age of Trump. Playboy magazine is bringing back naked woman to its magazine starting next month.

http://www.salon.com/2017/02/14/playboy ... ked-women/

Shawn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Shawn » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:40 pm

In The Know wrote:Finally, some happy news in the age of Trump. Playboy magazine is bringing back naked woman to its magazine starting next month.
But are the articles any good?
I'm asking for a friend....
:bye: