Bitcoin stuff

A forum for discussing topics not related to eikaiwa or Japan.
Forum rules
The basic forum rules are here :wink: . Refer to the BBCode Guide for information on using BBCode tags, plus this post about additional tags for embedding video.
allblacks

Bitcoin stuff

Unread post by allblacks » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:21 pm

I took the plunge and invested a bit in Crypto currencies. So far it seems that unless you invest a large amount the returns are marginal at best. Bitflyer is fairly easy to use.

Ive tried the following so far:

- Bitcoin
- Ether
- Ether classic
- Bitcoin cash
- Mona Coin
- Litecoin

For some reason ether classic has been good to me. I have 20 of their coins right now and am waiting for it to go up a little bit more before I sell it and should get about 2000 yen profit. Litecoin was shitty. Maybe got about 100 yen profit. Will watch and see. Bitcoin is way too expensive in my opinion but if you want to make some serious money you have to buy a few coins and go from there...

Anyone else here got experiences they want to share?

lordCONAN
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Re: Bitcoin stuff

Unread post by lordCONAN » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:05 am

I remember contemplating mining bitcoin back when it first started, looked up what it could be used for, and it was mostly to buy pizzas, drugs and hitmen in the US, so I figured I didn't need to bother ... kicking myself now that I could really use a hitman. But I digress, crypto, if I were to invest in it, would be my gambling investing, but at the moment I don't have enough spare cash to do that, and it's far too risky to be part of my regular investment allocation.

allblacks

Unread post by allblacks » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:43 pm

Fair enough. Yes it is risky indeed. This is why Im not too keen on putting say half a million in it. Keep the whole lot under 200 000 and if I lose it it isnt too painful.

allblacks

Unread post by allblacks » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:59 am

Looks like one bitcoin just topped $8000 USD and in yen just over 920 000. Some people are saying it will go even higher. Can only sit and watch.