The Thread for the Sake of a Thread Thread

A forum for discussing topics not related to eikaiwa or Japan.
Forum rules
The basic forum rules are here :wink: . Refer to the BBCode Guide for information on using BBCode tags, plus this post about additional tags for embedding video.
JD9
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Re: The Thread for the Sake of a Thread Thread

Unread post by JD9 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:55 pm

Dexter eat your heart out! :thumbsup:
Angryboy: [size=150][color=#FF0000]Fuck I`m drunk.Been nbice knowing you apck of cunts.[/color][/size]

sirwanksalot
Masturbateur
Masturbateur

Unread post by sirwanksalot » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:00 pm

The electrical tape is useless. Duct tape or else you have a screaming hooker in your trunk.

sirwanksalot
Masturbateur
Masturbateur

Unread post by sirwanksalot » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:01 pm

The electrical tape is useless. Duct tape or else you have a screaming hooker in your trunk.

sirwanksalot
Masturbateur
Masturbateur

Unread post by sirwanksalot » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:03 pm

Unless you are going to splice the cords with your knife and tape it to the hooker's nipples...note to self.... IMAGINATION...USE MORE IMAGINATION! DAMMIT!

JD9
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread post by JD9 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:09 pm

The electrical tape is to secure the knife into my right fist (which come to think of it would be fairly usefull at silencing a screaming trunk hooker) blade down (have to still be able to wipe my arse, drink beer etc. the left fist's knife is double the size and to be secured blade up. I'm motherfucking serious when it comes to my winter garden preparations.
Angryboy: [size=150][color=#FF0000]Fuck I`m drunk.Been nbice knowing you apck of cunts.[/color][/size]

Wage Slave
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread post by Wage Slave » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:23 pm

sirwanksalot wrote:The electrical tape is useless. Duct tape or else you have a screaming hooker in your trunk.
Don't you hate it when that happens?
Don't hesitate to spoil the ship for a ha'porth of tar. You'll get credit for saving the ha'penny and someone else will get the blame for losing the ship.

sirwanksalot
Masturbateur
Masturbateur

Unread post by sirwanksalot » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:29 am

Never had that problem since I am a good son and took note when my father had something to tell me.

RalphWiggum
LJ Oracle
LJ Oracle

Unread post by RalphWiggum » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:30 am

sirwanksalot wrote:The electrical tape is useless. Duct tape or else you have a screaming hooker in your trunk.
Hookers can't scream if they have no tongue...
Shit wank bollocks

exUsagiCoalMiner
Cassandra
Cassandra
Location: In the concrete jungle known as "the Kitchen of Japan"....

Unread post by exUsagiCoalMiner » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:41 am

RalphWiggum wrote:
Hookers can't scream if they have no tongue...
They can still moan in an annoying/invalid-like manner...
"But it's got sharp, pointy teeth!"

JD9
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread post by JD9 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:28 pm

In 2012 sales of adult diapers surpassed sales for children.

:rotfl: SCREWED! :rope:

BergKatse
Hopeless Drone
Hopeless Drone

Unread post by BergKatse » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:05 pm

Judging by their Facebook pages, just about every boy in my year at elementary school now owns at least one muscle car, wants a better muscle car, loves his dog(s), and is moderately or heavily tattooed. Seriously, an implausibly large percentage of them share these traits.... at least among the ones I found on FB. Was I the only one who grew up to be an introverted nerd with a desk job and a hybrid-fuel car?

MacGyver
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread post by MacGyver » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:13 pm

I must admit I also don't like tats. For the most part, they are really ugly. And I don't understand why one would get one for the most part and the tat boom in Oz. But hey it's your body do what the fark you want to it I say.
"Yous guys talk a lotta shit. I'm much more smarter than all a yous." - Samurai Jerk after being owned by the Let's Japan crew.

BergKatse
Hopeless Drone
Hopeless Drone

Unread post by BergKatse » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:09 pm

Well, of course! The Fuji region has long been a well-known hive of African music. :eyes:

MacGyver
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread post by MacGyver » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:18 pm

Heh, my neck of the woods. I don't get out much but this is the first I'm hearing of it! :lol:
"Yous guys talk a lotta shit. I'm much more smarter than all a yous." - Samurai Jerk after being owned by the Let's Japan crew.

BergKatse
Hopeless Drone
Hopeless Drone

Unread post by BergKatse » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:28 am

Sorry to revive a dormant thread; this post doesn't really warrant a new one.

I sold almost all my musical instruments yesterday. Multiple guitars, an amp, and effect pedals. I did so with a heavy heart.
But these days I'm so preoccupied with "grown up" stuff like work and mortgages and elderly parents that I haven't been able to do anything musical in a long time, and those poor, unused instruments had begun to bother me - their very existence in my house had begun to feel like an indictment.

I tried to sell them on a number of occasions over the past couple of weeks, I'd even loaded them all in the car a couple of times, but circumstances conspired to keep them with me. Once, I set out for the music store once and got a call from a long-standing client asking if I could do a rush job, so I turned around and went home that day. Another time, I was planning to go to the music store but the wife asked if she could use the car to take her mother somewhere. It made me wonder whether I was not meant to sell them but, no no, common sense prevailed and I finally managed to get to the music store. They're sold now and that's that. Pretty fair price, too, considering they weren't top-line models or anything.

Anyway, I kept just one guitar - the one I've had since I was nineteen. I'll never let that go. It's not a big-name instrument, just a Yamaha version of a Gibson semi-hollowbody. When I bought it, I chose that one because it was the best my very limited funds could buy, but I immediately liked it. I liked its mellow sound, and I loved the way the whole body vibrates when you play an E or an F note on the G string with the amp turned up loud.

God knows when I'll have the time to play it, but at least the instruments I sold will eventually be bought by someone who'll use them, and that's good enough for me.

RalphWiggum
LJ Oracle
LJ Oracle

Unread post by RalphWiggum » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:15 pm

I had a very similar experience just last week. My Dad called and said he needed the space in his garage that my old drumkit was taking up. I haven't even set it up since I moved back to the UK 12 years ago and it wasn't in good condition so I told him to take it to the nearest charity shop. Again, it felt weird letting it go, like the last part of my youth getting away from me. That said, two people got into a bidding war on it before my Dad had even left the shop so at least the charity will make some money and someone will be happy with the kit they've picked up.
Shit wank bollocks