The President Trump Thread

A forum for discussing topics not related to eikaiwa or Japan.
Forum rules
The basic forum rules are here :wink: . Refer to the BBCode Guide for information on using BBCode tags, plus this post about additional tags for embedding video.
Shawn
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: At Mitch & Murray, holding on to the good leads and preparing sets of steak knives

Re: The President Trump Thread

Unread post by Shawn » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:14 pm

World-class dumbass in control of the world's most powerful nation.
"I loved my previous life. I had so many things going," Trump told Reuters in an interview. "This is more work than in my previous life. I thought it would be easier."
:FU:
More than five months after his victory and two days shy of the 100-day mark of his presidency, the election is still on Trump's mind. Midway through a discussion about Chinese President Xi Jinping, the president paused to hand out copies of what he said were the latest figures from the 2016 electoral map.

"Here, you can take that, that's the final map of the numbers," the Republican president said from his desk in the Oval Office, handing out maps of the United States with areas he won marked in red. "It’s pretty good, right? The red is obviously us."

He had copies for each of the three Reuters reporters in the room.
Holy shit. You won. Nobody disputes that. Get over yourself.

MacGyver
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread post by MacGyver » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:39 pm

Shawn wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:14 pm
World-class dumbass in control of the world's most powerful nation.
"I loved my previous life. I had so many things going," Trump told Reuters in an interview. "This is more work than in my previous life. I thought it would be easier."
:FU:
More than five months after his victory and two days shy of the 100-day mark of his presidency, the election is still on Trump's mind. Midway through a discussion about Chinese President Xi Jinping, the president paused to hand out copies of what he said were the latest figures from the 2016 electoral map.

"Here, you can take that, that's the final map of the numbers," the Republican president said from his desk in the Oval Office, handing out maps of the United States with areas he won marked in red. "It’s pretty good, right? The red is obviously us."

He had copies for each of the three Reuters reporters in the room.
Holy shit. You won. Nobody disputes that. Get over yourself.
I do honestly wonder if he thought he'd truly win. And if he did, he clearly had no idea about how hard it would be. I honestly believe that he really thought that, not only would running the government be easier, but things like healthcare he thought would be slam dunks. I think he genuinely meant it when he said "Who knew healthcare would be this hard?" And I also believe that the rumor about his (or his team's) phone call to Kasich, the Ohio Governor, was true: "Trump wants you to run the country." "What's he gonna do?" "Make America great again." I have no idea what that means, as in Trump making the country "great again", if he weren't gonna run it, but I truly believe Trump thought he was just gonna play golf, host dinner, give speeches, and do no real work at all. Basically he thought he'd be something akin to a powerless monarch but take all the credit for it.

It's also funny with a lot of commentators/critics/talk show hosts laughing at him cause he hasn't been able to do anything but I for one am glad. I hope he just keeps playing golf and the GOP controlled congress keep falling over themselves and get nothing meaningful done because Trump's and the GOP's policies are truly evil. Case in point: The new health bill they are trying to get through includes a clause that they get to keep Obamacare but the rest of the country doesn't.....
"Yous guys talk a lotta shit. I'm much more smarter than all a yous." - Samurai Jerk after being owned by the Let's Japan crew.

Shawn
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: At Mitch & Murray, holding on to the good leads and preparing sets of steak knives

Unread post by Shawn » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:48 pm

MacGyver wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:39 pm
I do honestly wonder if he thought he'd truly win.
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that he didn't think he could win.
MacGyver wrote:
And if he did, he clearly had no idea about how hard it would be.
But as election night wore on and a victory looked likely, I'm sure that thought crossed his mind.
MacGyver wrote:
I honestly believe that he really thought that, not only would running the government be easier, but things like healthcare he thought would be slam dunks. I think he genuinely meant it when he said "Who knew healthcare would be this hard?" And I also believe that the rumor about his (or his team's) phone call to Kasich, the Ohio Governor, was true: "Trump wants you to run the country." "What's he gonna do?" "Make America great again." I have no idea what that means, as in Trump making the country "great again", if he weren't gonna run it, but I truly believe Trump thought he was just gonna play golf, host dinner, give speeches, and do no real work at all. Basically he thought he'd be something akin to a powerless monarch but take all the credit for it.
I agree. I think he has no filter and, like Homer Simpson, blurt's out what's on his mind. He's way in over his head but lacks the self-awareness and introspection to realize this, and since he's billed himself as a great businessman and negotiator, he thinks he can parlay that into doing deals as president. Hey, if a black president can do it for 8 years, then Trump should be able to do it in his sleep.

The man is a grade-A, 100% bullshit con man who is not as great as he says he is. He loves to talk big and tough, but will bend when he is called on his bullshit. In the span of about 2 days, he practically started a trade war with Canada blaming Canadian dairy farmers and the softwood industry for America's woes. He also threatened to pull out of NAFTA. When both Canada and Mexico piped up and called him on it, Trump backed down and said he was open to negotiating. Dumbass.
MacGyver wrote:
It's also funny with a lot of commentators/critics/talk show hosts laughing at him cause he hasn't been able to do anything but I for one am glad. I hope he just keeps playing golf and the GOP controlled congress keep falling over themselves and get nothing meaningful done because Trump's and the GOP's policies are truly evil. Case in point: The new health bill they are trying to get through includes a clause that they get to keep Obamacare but the rest of the country doesn't.....
100 days in and the man has accomplished nothing and made progress nowhere. His "health care" plan was vicious and didn't even make it to a vote. He thinks he can still build the wall across Mexico. His budget slashes taxes while beefing up the military. Amidst all this, his bills or proposals are shockingly lacking details or a timeline for implementation.

I'm waiting for the moment when commentators realize how dumb they sound trying to talk seriously about the Trump administration and that the more rational approach would be to mock Trump instead. The more golf he plays, the better, but he'll still manage wreck a lot. His name and business empire will be mud once all is said and done.

MacGyver
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread post by MacGyver » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:37 pm

Shawn wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:48 pm
His "health care" plan was vicious and didn't even make it to a vote.
Partially cause the Freedom Caucus didn't think it was draconian enough... :rope:
Shawn wrote:
His budget slashes taxes while beefing up the military.
He could seriously damage if not destroy the middle class in America with his tax "reforms". Let alone the budget deficit (The Simpsons may be right, he may bankrupt the country).
Shawn wrote:
I'm waiting for the moment when commentators realize how dumb they sound trying to talk seriously about the Trump administration and that the more rational approach would be to mock Trump instead. The more golf he plays, the better, but he'll still manage wreck a lot. His name and business empire will be mud once all is said and done.
You're gonna laugh but I think he'll get elected again. For his base, he is Teflon Don. He really could go out and shoot someone and not lose votes. Plus the Electoral College/Gerrymandering the GOP have done favor them. Add that to the fact that the Democrats most likely won't put up a candidate that'll energize their base. The party is sticking to it's corporatist agenda and doesn't seem to have learned anything from Hillary's loss. Sure they've still got a couple of years to get their shit together but generally sitting presidents are re-elected for a second term. Last time a president was ditched after one term was of course Bush I. Even Bush II, as much of a disaster and dummy as he was, got re-elected.
"Yous guys talk a lotta shit. I'm much more smarter than all a yous." - Samurai Jerk after being owned by the Let's Japan crew.

Shawn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Shawn » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:27 am

MacGyver wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:37 pm
Partially cause the Freedom Caucus didn't think it was draconian enough... :rope:
And who would have thought their draconian thinking would be saving the country from a terrible bill right now? :drunk:
MacGyver wrote:
He could seriously damage if not destroy the middle class in America with his tax "reforms". Let alone the budget deficit (The Simpsons may be right, he may bankrupt the country).
Wreck government and shut down departments so he can give more money to his pals. Nothing he is doing is in the interest of the general public.
MacGyver wrote:
You're gonna laugh but I think he'll get elected again. For his base, he is Teflon Don. He really could go out and shoot someone and not lose votes. Plus the Electoral College/Gerrymandering the GOP have done favor them. Add that to the fact that the Democrats most likely won't put up a candidate that'll energize their base. The party is sticking to it's corporatist agenda and doesn't seem to have learned anything from Hillary's loss. Sure they've still got a couple of years to get their shit together but generally sitting presidents are re-elected for a second term. Last time a president was ditched after one term was of course Bush I. Even Bush II, as much of a disaster and dummy as he was, got re-elected.
I won't laugh because Bush II got re-elected even after wrecking Iraq and going into Afghanistan. But I wonder, though. Flynn seems ready to sing, but what dirt does he have? I'm still clinging to my belief that he'll be gone in 2 years. Just look at the chaos caused in the past 100 days! I shudder to think that this could go on for 8 years.

allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

Unread post by allblacks » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:39 pm

Trump truly is a selfish moronic bastard. Here in SE ASIA we face the very real possibility of WW3 because of him. He's playing president. That's all. It's like a big joke.
Donald Trump "You know what Uranium does? Lots of things, nuclear and like lots of things."

senseiman
9 miles of bad road
9 miles of bad road

Unread post by senseiman » Mon May 01, 2017 12:04 pm

MacGyver wrote:
His base is probably with him, but they aren't enough to elect him alone. His support rate is pretty clearly only coming from his base right now (35-40% or so), so that is a major obstacle to him being re-elected. Plus the 60% or so of Americans who oppose him are getting very politically active and organized in their opposition to him, which wasn't a factor in 2016 (well, they were active, but there was also a lot of complacency because nobody thought Trump had a chance of winning, which won't be the case next time after 4 years of this idiot in charge).

Bush II probably isn't the best comparison, he benefited from a huge rally around the president effect after 9-11 and by the time of his second election his popularity hadn't nosedived yet. Trump's popularity has already nosedived and we are just 100 days in.

I would imagine even if the Democrats put up another lame candidate that, so long as they aren't outright detestable, they will benefit from a big amount of the "Anyone but Trump" crowd. I am hoping they will put someone good up, like Elizabeth Warren, but its hard to tell. The positive thing is that at least there isn't any apparent "anointed one in waiting" like there was with Hillary last time, so even if the establishment want to go with a bad candidate they probably won't rig the process like they did against Bernie and maybe the Democratic base at the primaries will put up a good candidate like Warren (if she runs).

For Trump to get re-elected you would need something major to happen, like another 9-11 happening right before the next election (and him not screwing up his reaction to it). Its entirely possible, unfortunately, and a lot can change in the next 3 years but I think the odds are against him winning a second term.
祇園精舎の鐘の聲、諸行無常の響あり。娑羅雙樹の花の色、盛者必衰のことわりをあらはす。おごれる人も久しからず、唯春の夜の夢のごとし。たけき者も遂にほろびぬ、偏に風の前の塵に同じ。

MacGyver
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread post by MacGyver » Mon May 01, 2017 2:28 pm

senseiman wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 12:04 pm
His base is probably with him, but they aren't enough to elect him alone. His support rate is pretty clearly only coming from his base right now (35-40% or so), so that is a major obstacle to him being re-elected. Plus the 60% or so of Americans who oppose him are getting very politically active and organized in their opposition to him, which wasn't a factor in 2016
SOME of the 60% are getting politically active but I don't think that'll be enough.
senseiman wrote:
Bush II probably isn't the best comparison, he benefited from a huge rally around the president effect after 9-11 and by the time of his second election his popularity hadn't nosedived yet. Trump's popularity has already nosedived and we are just 100 days in.
Bush wasn't that popular come re-election (the 9/11 effect had subsided; personally, like many, I didn't think he'd be re-elected) but he ran against Kerry, who was not only fairly unknown but didn't energize his base either. The swift boat controversy also didn't help him.
senseiman wrote:
I would imagine even if the Democrats put up another lame candidate that, so long as they aren't outright detestable, they will benefit from a big amount of the "Anyone but Trump" crowd. I am hoping they will put someone good up, like Elizabeth Warren, but its hard to tell. The positive thing is that at least there isn't any apparent "anointed one in waiting" like there was with Hillary last time, so even if the establishment want to go with a bad candidate they probably won't rig the process like they did against Bernie and maybe the Democratic base at the primaries will put up a good candidate like Warren (if she runs).
Problem is the democrats are divided. You've got the DMC that may well put up another corporatist, which will kill much of the activism you are talking about as that is coming from progressives, but even if they put up a proper progressive like Bernie, they may not sway the independents/moderates/swing voters.
senseiman wrote:
For Trump to get re-elected you would need something major to happen, like another 9-11 happening right before the next election (and him not screwing up his reaction to it). Its entirely possible, unfortunately, and a lot can change in the next 3 years but I think the odds are against him winning a second term.
Yeah, the way things are going that is entirely likely. And don't forget it isn't popular vote, its the electoral college which does favor the GOP and they have done an excellent job of Gerrymandering and blocking voting for minorities, especially poor minorities. Much of the country votes red from local govt. up to federal level so they wield enough power at the moment to keep changing voting rules, borders, etc to keep voting in their favor. They also do a far better job on messaging than the Dems. Case in point, the GOP-controlled Congress blocked Obama every step of the way, Mitch McConnell in the senate famously said his only goal was to block everything Obama tried to pass into law, and of course Obama couldn't even get hearings of his SC nomination, and yet the GOP successfully showed that it was Obama who couldn't get anything done and it was Obama who was bad for the little guy. Moreover, many ppl don't know that ACA = Obamacare but the GOP have done a great job of disparaging so ppl that benefit from it and will lose out by it being repealed want it repealed.

Still almost 4 years away of course but I hope I am wrong. But I think the Dems may have a better chance in 2020. Some better candidates actually may wait until 2020 thinking they have a better chance then.

senseiman
9 miles of bad road
9 miles of bad road

Unread post by senseiman » Tue May 02, 2017 10:23 am

MacGyver wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 2:28 pm

Yeah, the way things are going that is entirely likely. And don't forget it isn't popular vote, its the electoral college which does favor the GOP and they have done an excellent job of Gerrymandering and blocking voting for minorities, especially poor minorities. Much of the country votes red from local govt. up to federal level so they wield enough power at the moment to keep changing voting rules, borders, etc to keep voting in their favor. They also do a far better job on messaging than the Dems. Case in point, the GOP-controlled Congress blocked Obama every step of the way, Mitch McConnell in the senate famously said his only goal was to block everything Obama tried to pass into law, and of course Obama couldn't even get hearings of his SC nomination, and yet the GOP successfully showed that it was Obama who couldn't get anything done and it was Obama who was bad for the little guy. Moreover, many ppl don't know that ACA = Obamacare but the GOP have done a great job of disparaging so ppl that benefit from it and will lose out by it being repealed want it repealed.

Still almost 4 years away of course but I hope I am wrong. But I think the Dems may have a better chance in 2020. Some better candidates actually may wait until 2020 thinking they have a better chance then.
On the plus side gerrymandering only affects congressional elections and not presidential ones since the electors up for grabs in each state in presidential elections are a winner-take-all across the state thing (and therefore the weird shaped districts, etc are irrelevant). The electoral college obviously favored Trump this time around, but it could shift against the Republicans pretty easily - they call them swing states for a reason. Demographic factors are also playing into the Democrats hands. Texas is gradually becoming a blue state owing to its changing population and if it does go blue the Democrats will have an insurmountable domination of the electoral college that will make most of today's swing states irrelevant. That might not happen by 2020, but who knows.

About messaging, the Republican party is good at it but Trump is not - he has flip flopped and contradicted himself on so many occasions its hard to keep track of.

You also have the distinct possibility that Trump doesn't want to be president for two terms - he clearly doesn't like the job and would rather be golfing (or whatever). We only have 100 days to go on, but his track record in terms of accomplishments is clearly weak and all he can campaign on is empty promises and rhetoric that pop into his head. That played well to some people when he was an outsider, but I doubt the same type of campaign would work a second time round coming from somebody who may not have delivered on anything he promised the first time. And I can't imagine Trump running a different type of campaign that would make up for that.
祇園精舎の鐘の聲、諸行無常の響あり。娑羅雙樹の花の色、盛者必衰のことわりをあらはす。おごれる人も久しからず、唯春の夜の夢のごとし。たけき者も遂にほろびぬ、偏に風の前の塵に同じ。

Shawn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Shawn » Wed May 10, 2017 10:14 am

OK, Trump has now fired the FBI Director over the Clinton email investigation. :huh: Comey was the man who put Trump in the White House.
Next up: Install new stooge and kill any and all investigations into Trump's connections with Russia. What a dumpster fire of a government.
:pc:

allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

Unread post by allblacks » Wed May 10, 2017 10:48 am

Won't he put him in something else quietly? Isn't this just a strategy? Hmm

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2017/0 ... RJisiemrqA

Trump is now saying he is open to meeting the north Korean leader if they abandon their current standpoint.
Also, looks like China is backing the US more than its communist friend there.
Donald Trump "You know what Uranium does? Lots of things, nuclear and like lots of things."

Shawn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Shawn » Wed May 10, 2017 12:52 pm

Ha! Korea was last week's news. South Korea just elected a new liberal president. I wonder what he will do with North Korea.

I've read that that grand jury has also issued subpoenas, so things are really heating up now with Trump. Could the walls be closing in on him?
Aside: I didn't know a president could just fire the FBI Director like that. I still don't understand the rationale behind the move other than Trump really doesn't have a clue as to what he is doing...

senseiman
9 miles of bad road
9 miles of bad road

Unread post by senseiman » Wed May 10, 2017 6:00 pm

Its actually kind of encouraging to see election results elsewhere - France, the Netherlands, South Korea. Its like the rest of the world is looking at the Trump fiasco and saying "lets not go there." Gives me some hope for humanity.

It seems this right wing populist BS is being limited to the big English speaking countries.

This is my favorite political cartoon of today https://www.reddit.com/r/ukpolitics/com ... no_effect/

Shawn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Shawn » Wed May 10, 2017 9:10 pm

senseiman wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 6:00 pm
Its actually kind of encouraging to see election results elsewhere - France, the Netherlands, South Korea. Its like the rest of the world is looking at the Trump fiasco and saying "lets not go there." Gives me some hope for humanity.
I suppose you can credit Trump for showing the world how it's not done.
senseiman wrote:
It seems this right wing populist BS is being limited to the big English speaking countries.
It seems that way. Nobody seemed to be able to read the "Macron Leaks." BTW, when did "populist" come to mean "right wing authoritarian idiot?"
senseiman wrote:
This is my favorite political cartoon of today https://www.reddit.com/r/ukpolitics/com ... no_effect/
You actually went into Reddit? That hive of scum and villany? :cheers:

Shawn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Shawn » Thu May 11, 2017 9:24 am

Shawn wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 9:10 pm
senseiman wrote:
It seems that way. Nobody seemed to be able to read the "Macron Leaks." BTW, when did "populist" come to mean "right wing authoritarian idiot?"
Scratch that. It looks like Macron's IT team had the smarts to assume it would be attacked as in the US election and used honeypot accounts.
"We created false accounts, with false content, as traps," Macron campaign digital director Mounir Mahjoubi told the Times. "We did this massively, to create the obligation for them to verify, to determine whether it was a real account."

The move was a delaying tactic aimed at increasing the attacker's workload. The "honeypot" accounts were filled with large volumes of fake documents. "That forced them to waste time, by the quantity of the documents we put in and documents that might interest them,” Mahjoubi said. "Even if it made them lose one minute, we’re happy.”

The bait documents may have caused the attackers to rush their efforts. As Ars reported Monday, the eventual dump of documents by the attackers included metadata showing Russian versions of Microsoft Office were used to edit some documents, and the name of an employee of a company providing information security services to Russian intelligence organizations was in document metadata showing the last person to edit at least nine documents. Multiple documents were proven to be forgeries, including one which appeared to be an invoice for a Bitcoin payment for mephedrone ("bath salts") to be sent to the French National Assembly. The Bitcoin wallet and blockchain transaction data was easily determined to be fake.

Shawn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Shawn » Mon May 15, 2017 1:41 pm

Let's see what Trump has been up to...

Oh, shit, this is scary:
TW: What did you learn about how Trump's NAFTA about-face actually went down?

DR: So we heard some fairly startling stories. From our other interviews, we learned that the reason the Canadians and the Mexicans called the president was that people in the inner circle of team Trump were very anxious about what was about to go down. They called [Canada and Mexico] and said, “You need to call [the president]. Right now.”

People inside the White House also called the new Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue. Perdue had only been confirmed, like, a day or two earlier. And they called him in, [saying], “You need to come over here now! You need to! He's about to withdraw from NAFTA.”

So Sonny Perdue literally asked his staff to draw up a map of the bits of America that had voted for Donald Trump and the bits of America that do well from exporting grain and corn through NAFTA. [The map] showed how these two areas often overlap. So he went in, said to Donald Trump, “Actually, Trump America, your voters, they do pretty well out of NAFTA.” And the president said, “Oh. Then maybe I won’t withdraw from NAFTA.”
Trump's own team called Canada and Mexico for help to save the nation from Trump's stupidity.

scanman
Enthusiastic Newbie
Enthusiastic Newbie

Unread post by scanman » Tue May 16, 2017 11:17 am

To be honest I've had enough of Donald Trump in the news. It's like an ongoing soap opera and doesn't make America look good.

Shawn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Shawn » Tue May 16, 2017 1:39 pm

Shawn wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 1:41 pm
Let's see what Trump has been up to...

Oh, shit, this is scary:
...And I'm proven wrong in the span of a day. Now it turns out that he may have leaked sensitive intel to the Russians. :rope:

So, he fires Comey, then holds a meeting with the Russian foreign minister and ambassador to the US in the Oval Office the next day. He doesn't invite local press, but allows Russia to take photos (and eventually post them online). It's just one thing after another. How is he not in jail or booted from office? Even if he is innocent of any crimes, at least boot him out to save the country. The world is laughing at the US. Furthermore, if I were part of the White House communications team, I'd quit as fast as humanly possible and expunge any trace of ever having worked for Trump from my CV and elsewhere. :bye:

The end will eventually come. There may ultimately be little substance to the allegations of collusion with Russian, but Trump will be toast. Nixon was impeached not for the Watergate burglary, but for the coverup. Al Capone didn't go down for murder but for tax evasion. WIth Trump, I think prosecutors have plenty of choices.

senseiman
9 miles of bad road
9 miles of bad road

Unread post by senseiman » Wed May 17, 2017 1:17 pm

I only went to Reddit for that image, not because I am a regular (just for the record)

The scandals are accumulating at an exponential rate now. I like Seth Meyers' Closer Look today, he takes us through it on a day-by day basis just to highlight the fact that literally every day there is another bombshell. Soon it will be every hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU3VpwV4-nk

Shawn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Shawn » Wed May 17, 2017 4:23 pm

senseiman wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 1:17 pm
The scandals are accumulating at an exponential rate now. I like Seth Meyers' Closer Look today, he takes us through it on a day-by day basis just to highlight the fact that literally every day there is another bombshell. Soon it will be every hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU3VpwV4-nk
I don't know what to say any more. Historians will look back on this with amazement when they see that literally ALL of Trump's criticisms aimed at Clinton and others were about himself. It makes me wonder if the US will enact some kind of rule or law to check that people running for the presidency aren't insane.

It's clear that when you ask the FBI director to stop an investigation on yourself, that's obstruction of justice. This is from May 15, so it's "dated," but still worth a listen as to the possible charges Trump may face.

Shawn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Shawn » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:13 am

The dumpster fire that is the Trump regime keeps on burning. Did you know that MAGA is a theme song? Access the Tweet from the G20 summit here:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... again-song

What's the difference between North Korea and the United States again?

sirwanksalot
Masturbateur
Masturbateur

Unread post by sirwanksalot » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:56 pm

After hearing that song I'd gladly hand in my papers and get deported to Mexico.

Shawn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Shawn » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:21 am

Given recent events, I think the matter is settled: Donald Trump Jr. is officially the stupidest man on the planet.

Shawn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Shawn » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:31 pm

And the health care bill goes down in flames, with Trump whining that none of this is on him. WIth the GOP holding power in the White House, the Senate and Congress, he says it's the Democrat's fault. :eyes: When you have a majority and can't get things done, that's a sign that you've spectacularly failed. I don't recall trump ever making an effort to do a deal. Instead, the bill was crafted in secret and hugely unpopular with the public. Guess he thought browbeating people would work. Obama must be laughing his ass off right now. Trump went from crowing how easy it would be to get great health care to "who knew?" :lol:

There are no words for the level of incompetence and maliciousness of this administration. And it's only been 6 months.

senseiman
9 miles of bad road
9 miles of bad road

Unread post by senseiman » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:32 pm

Hey, Trumpcare went down in flames again and.....the firings! This week's episode of Trumpland has been interesting. Can't believe how quickly they killed off the Scaramucci character though, but you know he'll be brought back in later seasons.

MacGyver
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread post by MacGyver » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:50 pm

senseiman wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:32 pm
Can't believe how quickly they killed off the Scaramucci character though, but you know he'll be brought back in later seasons.
Possibly, but I'd lose a lot of respect for the writers if they did though. I mean, that wouldn't be very realistic. The whole fired in 10 days is a bit of a stretch to begin with (could you imagine that happening in real life? Hmmmm, maybe, but not likely), but then to bring him back in later seasons... Plus his character was way over the top anyway. Again, no such person exists in real life so it was kinda hard to believe.

And this whole story arc that the president does something but then we see on twitter he criticized the ex-president for the exact same thing? It's just a bit too lazy. Nobody is that stupid in real life. I mean, think about it. Who would tweet almost non-stop about the president of the day golfing too much only to become the next president and basically golf ALL THE TIME???? Nah, wouldn't happen.

I know it's only a TV show but they are trying to be realistic and not a farce so they really need to tighten it up. At this point, they're just copying House of Cards. Not very original.

Shawn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Shawn » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:49 am

MacGyver wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:50 pm
Possibly, but I'd lose a lot of respect for the writers if they did though. I mean, that wouldn't be very realistic. The whole fired in 10 days is a bit of a stretch to begin with (could you imagine that happening in real life? Hmmmm, maybe, but not likely), but then to bring him back in later seasons... Plus his character was way over the top anyway. Again, no such person exists in real life so it was kinda hard to believe.

And this whole story arc that the president does something but then we see on twitter he criticized the ex-president for the exact same thing? It's just a bit too lazy. Nobody is that stupid in real life. I mean, think about it. Who would tweet almost non-stop about the president of the day golfing too much only to become the next president and basically golf ALL THE TIME???? Nah, wouldn't happen.

I know it's only a TV show but they are trying to be realistic and not a farce so they really need to tighten it up. At this point, they're just copying House of Cards. Not very original.
Might as well close the thread with this post. :cheers: There's no topping this.....or is there?
At this point, things have descended into madness where WWF wrestling is more believable than the Trump regime.

senseiman
9 miles of bad road
9 miles of bad road

Unread post by senseiman » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:11 pm

I agree, Mac's critique of the plot is impossible to beat!

MacGyver
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread post by MacGyver » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:35 pm

Shawn wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:49 am
Might as well close the thread with this post. :cheers: There's no topping this.....or is there?
Ha! I think we could go on for a while critiquing the plot points. Speaking of which, this show has shown it isn't afraid of killing off characters, so I wish they'd hurry up and kill off Kelly-Ann Conway. I just can't buy her character. Trying to defend a pathological liar in real life would be impossible and if someone like her character actually did exist in real life, they would have quit months ago.

But I'm gonna keep tuning in cause I really wanna see where this Russia investigation plot goes. I reckon the writers have a few more twists and turns in stall for us. I'm also interested to see whether it'll last it's run of 4 seasons or get canceled before the end. And if it does, will it get renewed for another 4 season run??? The writers might get rid of this Trump character and install Pence as the president. But again, that would just be copying House of Cards.
senseiman wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:11 pm
I agree, Mac's critique of the plot is impossible to beat!
Hey, I can't take all the credit. I only went off on that tangent cause you talked about the Mooch being brought back for later seasons! :cheers:

Shawn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Shawn » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:06 am

MacGyver wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:35 pm
Ha! I think we could go on for a while critiquing the plot points. Speaking of which, this show has shown it isn't afraid of killing off characters, so I wish they'd hurry up and kill off Kelly-Ann Conway. I just can't buy her character. Trying to defend a pathological liar in real life would be impossible and if someone like her character actually did exist in real life, they would have quit months ago.

But I'm gonna keep tuning in cause I really wanna see where this Russia investigation plot goes. I reckon the writers have a few more twists and turns in stall for us. I'm also interested to see whether it'll last it's run of 4 seasons or get canceled before the end. And if it does, will it get renewed for another 4 season run??? The writers might get rid of this Trump character and install Pence as the president. But again, that would just be copying House of Cards.
:clap: :pc: As long as they don't fuck it up like JJ Abrams did with Lost. All that time invested. I'm still not over it...