House for sale in Miyazaki City

The LJ Classifieds. Buy, Sell, Swap, Rent, Giveaways, etc. Advertise jobs available and apartments for rent (if you are the principal, not an agent).
Forum rules
The basic forum rules are here :wink:. Refer to the BBCode Guide for information on using BBCode tags, plus this post about additional tags for embedding video.

House for sale in Miyazaki City

Unread postby uchiumihouse » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:21 pm

The house is 4LDK, 2 story, on the water and within minutes of great surfing. Check out the house info at http://www.flickr.com/photos/englishuchiumi/
Attachments
4.jpg
4.jpg (20.47 KiB) Viewed 665 times
uchiumihouse
Fresh & Minty
Fresh & Minty

Re: House for sale in Miyazaki City

Unread postby SamhainP8 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:26 am

Jayzus! I couldn't buy an outhouse here on the Gold Coast for $120K.
Looks like a great spot and a good deal.
How come you're selling up?
"Do you know how a falcon is trained, my dear? Her eyes are sewn shut. Blinded temporarily, she suffers the whims of her God patiently, until her will is submerged and she learns to serve - as your God taught and blinded you with crosses."
SamhainP8
Dronus japonica
Dronus japonica

Unread postby uchiumihouse » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:05 am

Yep... it's a really good deal! I almost sold it in the first week of offering but the guy wanted more land. I'm planning on moving the family back to Hawaii so we have decided to sell the house.
uchiumihouse
Fresh & Minty
Fresh & Minty

Unread postby MacGyver » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:31 am

uchiumihouse wrote:Yep... it's a really good deal!

Not trying to be a dick, cause it does look like a nice spot, but whether its a good deal or not would depend on a number of factors, foremost being wages in Miyazaki. Plus its 27 years old, which in Japanese terms is pretty old. A cursory glance of real estate in Miyazaki would suggest that Y12 million is about going rate (closer to A$150K Sam). And comparing Miyazaki prices to Gold Coast prices strikes me as a little strange...
"Yous guys talk a lotta shit. I'm much more smarter than all a yous." - Samurai Jerk after being owned by the Let's Japan crew.
MacGyver
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread postby uchiumihouse » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:57 pm

No problems. An English teachers wage in Miyazaki is probably the same as in Tokyo but the cost of living difference is huge. And a surfers priorites aren't wages... it's "how are the waves" and "how soon can I be in the water." Sure, 27 years old is OLD in Japanese standards but most of the older Japanese houses I've seen look like crap inside and out and would cost tons of money to remodel. The only places I've seen under ¥12 million are wood shacks but maybe I need to look harder for the deals. And a few Australian people have told me the same thing as Sam. Hmm... what could I buy in Hawaii for that price? or Tokyo? or Bali? Not strange at all...
uchiumihouse
Fresh & Minty
Fresh & Minty

Unread postby allblacks » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:44 pm

What a place! Do you mind if I ask... the stand up mens... What did that run about?
"So the clutch is called a clutch and the accelerator is called something stupid?" Holly interrupted, "Why didn't they just call the clutch a squeezer?"

http://27bslash6.com/arguments.html
allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

Unread postby uchiumihouse » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:46 pm

Actually, I bought the place 3 years ago and the bathroom was already remodeled. My guess is between ¥1.2 and 1.7 million for the remodeling of the bathroom from a quality company. I'm sure it's not too expensive to add that kind of toilet if you are building a new house and the bathroom has enough space. But if someone was to add it into an exitisting bathroom, this would be a bit expensive. The extra toilet definately keeps the wife happy!
uchiumihouse
Fresh & Minty
Fresh & Minty

Unread postby sampler » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:21 pm

Nice. The upright slasher is what caught my attention too. Told the wife about it .
sampler
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread postby allblacks » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:32 pm

My FIL has one in his place. I couldnt remember how much it set him back...
"So the clutch is called a clutch and the accelerator is called something stupid?" Holly interrupted, "Why didn't they just call the clutch a squeezer?"

http://27bslash6.com/arguments.html
allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

Unread postby uchiumihouse » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:36 am

I'm trying to sell my place without a real estate agancy to cut costs for the buyer and seller (3% + 60,000 each). Next week is the big push with newspaper inserts in the local area and hopefully I can get the word spread to most of the foreigners (in Miyazaki) through bars, friends and other websites and my wife suggested Mixi too. Does anyone have any other advice?
uchiumihouse
Fresh & Minty
Fresh & Minty

Unread postby MacGyver » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:01 pm

uchiumihouse wrote:Does anyone have any other advice?

I assume you're also gonna list it on real estate sites on the web? As far as I know most of them are unaffiliated so I don't think you need to be a real estate agency to list on them.
"Yous guys talk a lotta shit. I'm much more smarter than all a yous." - Samurai Jerk after being owned by the Let's Japan crew.
MacGyver
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread postby Are they the lemmings? » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:39 pm

Ahead! Groove factor five! Yeah!
Are they the lemmings?
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread postby uchiumihouse » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:35 am

MacGyver wrote:
uchiumihouse wrote:Does anyone have any other advice?

I assume you're also gonna list it on real estate sites on the web? As far as I know most of them are unaffiliated so I don't think you need to be a real estate agency to list on them.

I'll check that out tomorrow with the wife. Sounds like it could open a few extra doors for me.

And Yahoo Auction could help spread the word but it seems like only 2 properties were offered in all of Kyushu. Not really worth the effort. Though I did sell my truck with Yahoo Auction last year.
uchiumihouse
Fresh & Minty
Fresh & Minty

Return to LJ Classifieds