Give me a cricket tidbit!

A forum for sports talk.
Forum rules
The basic forum rules are here :wink: . Refer to the BBCode Guide for information on using BBCode tags, plus this post about additional tags for embedding video.

Re: Give me a cricket tidbit!

Unread postby angryboy » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:59 pm

BergKatse wrote:Bloody hell, Australia are doing the business in South Africa. All out for 96 :shock:

:jaw: :shock:

And Watson out for 4.Someone just asked the question on cricinfo that if he gets 3 fer he will have more wickets than
runs for the match and has it ever been done by an opener. :?:
valve-bouncer wrote:Fuck me, I hope to christ you are a troll because the possibility of someone so mind-numbingly boring as you walking amongst us gives me the fear.
angryboy
Busdriver
Busdriver

Unread postby angryboy » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:07 pm

Hughes dropped off a sitter and Ponting LBW.The pitch is showing a bit it seems!
valve-bouncer wrote:Fuck me, I hope to christ you are a troll because the possibility of someone so mind-numbingly boring as you walking amongst us gives me the fear.
angryboy
Busdriver
Busdriver

Unread postby BergKatse » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:44 pm

WHAT?! Australia are 15 for 5? WTF is going on? Is there a TV programme they really want to watch or something?

You know, if Pakistan was involved, someone would have said by now it was fixed :twisted:
BergKatse
Jaded Veteran
Jaded Veteran

Unread postby angryboy » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:45 pm

BergKatse wrote: WTF

Lowest record score in a test 26 by Un Zud.Lowest by Aus. 36. Could we see a record here??!!
angryboy
Busdriver
Busdriver

Unread postby angryboy » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:50 pm

Oh shit .... 6 for 18.Into the tail now except for Marsh.
angryboy
Busdriver
Busdriver

Unread postby BergKatse » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:51 pm

angryboy wrote:Lowest record score in a test 26 by Un Zud.Lowest by Aus. 36. Could we see a record here??!!

Possibly. 18 for 6.
BergKatse
Jaded Veteran
Jaded Veteran

Unread postby BergKatse » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:03 am

:shock:
BergKatse
Jaded Veteran
Jaded Veteran

Unread postby angryboy » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:28 am

BergKatse wrote:
angryboy wrote:Lowest record score in a test 26 by Un Zud.Lowest by Aus. 36. Could we see a record here??!!

Possibly. 18 for 6.

Dodged that bullet but still have to win the game.
N0.s 9 and 10 batsmen top scoring ... no matter how good the bowling it is unforgivable
angryboy
Busdriver
Busdriver

Unread postby BergKatse » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:39 am

I was kind of hoping we'd see the record broken.
BergKatse
Jaded Veteran
Jaded Veteran

Unread postby Wage Slave » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:29 am

And Australia beaten by 8 wickets by lunch. What an odd test match.
Don't hesitate to spoil the ship for a ha'porth of tar. You'll get credit for saving the ha'penny and someone else will get the blame for losing the ship.
Wage Slave
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread postby MacGyver » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:06 pm

RIP Peter Roebuck...didn't agree with him all the time (in print) but most definitely enjoyed his commentating. He will be missed, off-field controversies aside.
"Yous guys talk a lotta shit. I'm much more smarter than all a yous." - Samurai Jerk after being owned by the Let's Japan crew.
MacGyver
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread postby angryboy » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:48 pm

MacGyver wrote:RIP Peter Roebuck...didn't agree with him all the time (in print) but most definitely enjoyed his commentating. He will be missed, off-field controversies aside.

Yeah,didn`t agree with him often myself and he always went a bit over the top but we all love a Maverick.
angryboy
Busdriver
Busdriver

Unread postby angryboy » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:36 am

A lot of stuff is coming out now about his personal life,specifically his sexual preference.
More to come I`m sure.
angryboy
Busdriver
Busdriver

Unread postby MacGyver » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:34 am

He was involved in scandals of a sexual nature in the 80s in England, which is why he left England in the first place...So yeah no surprises its all coming out now....
"Yous guys talk a lotta shit. I'm much more smarter than all a yous." - Samurai Jerk after being owned by the Let's Japan crew.
MacGyver
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread postby allblacks » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:13 pm

Got an email from IMRAN KHAN today. I couldnt believe it. He even likes cricket! (I asked him)

Dear Sir,
Hope you fine,
Sir we have one customer who want to buy blah blah blah.
If you have in stock or information then please send me the email with pictures and price.

Waiting for your reply........

Thanks

Regards,
Imran Khan

not the real guy of course
"So the clutch is called a clutch and the accelerator is called something stupid?" Holly interrupted, "Why didn't they just call the clutch a squeezer?"

http://27bslash6.com/arguments.html
allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

Unread postby MacGyver » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:57 pm

LOL nice one.

In other cricket news, the J ladies are getting their pants pulled down by the Irish. This comes only 2 days after they got a beating at the hands of the Bangladeshis....
MacGyver
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread postby BergKatse » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:18 am

Ooh, things are shaping up for a tense final day in South Africa. Australia only need 150-odd to win but they've only 7 wickets in hand and wickets have consistently fallen in the early sessions of the day in this test.
BergKatse
Jaded Veteran
Jaded Veteran

Unread postby MacGyver » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:22 pm

This has to be filed under the heading of "I've heard everything now." So in the test y'day between the Kiwis and Aussies that finished in a 7 run victory for the Kiwis, there was a controversial moment with the DRS. Oz's #11 batsman was trapped in front LBW and given out by the umpire but the batsman referred it; apparently he thought he hit it although these days with referrals remaining most batsmen would have referred it. It was then overturned by the DRS as it was pitching outside the leg stump. This is where the controversy comes in. To the naked eye (I was listening on the net so didn't see any vision but the commentators, 1 Kiwi and 1 Aussie, did state they felt thought that the ball pitched on the stumps to the naked eye, although Geoff Lawson stated afterwards that he was watching from behind the bowler's arm (the comms box is on an angle apparently) and thought that it pitched outside leg to the naked eye) it pitched on middle stump or thereabouts but according to the DRS it pitched outside leg. So it was overturned. I would have expected the Kiwis to whinge had they lost (underarm is still a fresh wound for Kiwis 30 years on) but seeing as they won I thought it wouldn't have been too big of a deal, by the Kiwis at least although you'd expect the ICC to look into it. I shouldn't be surprised but nonetheless I am a bit surprised that the Kiwis are having a whinge even though they won.

But here's where it gets batshit crazy. A Kiwi friend of mine (a professional cricket coach no less) has stated that the Aussie's cheated. When I asked him how, when it was 3rd ump and DRS that overturned the original decision, he stated that the images come from the country supplying the vision. So in other words, he reckons that the Aussie TV company (Channel 9 or FOX I guess) covering the game cheated! So somehow he says that they changed the images they gave to the 3rd umpire so that the Aussie batsman wouldn't given out. Wow, that's some crazy conspiracy theory right there.....
MacGyver
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread postby allblacks » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:01 pm

Thats retarded. No way in hell.
"So the clutch is called a clutch and the accelerator is called something stupid?" Holly interrupted, "Why didn't they just call the clutch a squeezer?"

allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

Unread postby MacGyver » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:13 pm

So my comments calling my Kiwi mate out on his (and another bloke's) comments about the Aussies cheating got deleted....And it would have had to have been by him...Fark me...
MacGyver
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread postby angryboy » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:46 pm

MacGyver wrote:So my comments calling my Kiwi mate out on his (and another bloke's) comments about the Aussies cheating got deleted....And it would have had to have been by him...Fark me...

Deleted from where? Another forum?
angryboy
Busdriver
Busdriver

Unread postby MacGyver » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:58 pm

Yeah
MacGyver
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread postby MacGyver » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:57 pm

Saffers thumped the Lankans, Aussies thumping the Indians, and the Greatest Team in the World (TM) is getting mauled by the Pakis (well, still a lot of the test left to play). Some interesting results in world cricket at the minute!
MacGyver
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread postby BergKatse » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:53 pm

The laws of cricket provide for an appeal of "How's that?" That raises two questions in my mind:

(1) We all know that, in the heat of the moment, appeals generally come out as "Zaaaaaaaaaaat?" or just a shout. Okay, you can stretch your imagination to see how that comes from "How's that," but I wonder if there is anyone playing at international level who actually enunciates "How's that?"

(2) Is an appeal that does not use the words "how" and "that" valid? Can an umpire give a batsman out if the bowler says, "Gee, umpire. I reckon that took the edge of the bat before it went through to the keeper, and I think the batsman's out. Do you agree?"
Sure, you'd look like an utter wanker, but apart from that, I wonder if it's valid since the laws mention only "How's that?"
BergKatse
Jaded Veteran
Jaded Veteran

Unread postby MacGyver » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:12 pm

BergKatse wrote:(1) We all know that, in the heat of the moment, appeals generally come out as "Zaaaaaaaaaaat?" or just a shout.

Or in the case of Indian bowlers, "aaaaaaa aaaaaaaa aaaaaa." :lol:

BergKatse wrote:(2) Is an appeal that does not use the words "how" and "that" valid? Can an umpire give a batsman out if the bowler says, "Gee, umpire. I reckon that took the edge of the bat before it went through to the keeper, and I think the batsman's out. Do you agree?"
Sure, you'd look like an utter wanker, but apart from that, I wonder if it's valid since the laws mention only "How's that?"

Hmmmm. Just my opinion but I'd imagine the important part of the rule would be the appeal rather than the exact wording, even though the rules do specifically refer to "How's that?" as covering all dismissals. And yes I had to look the rule up. :wink:
MacGyver
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread postby Wage Slave » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:43 pm

MacGyver wrote:Saffers thumped the Lankans, Aussies thumping the Indians, and the Greatest Team in the World (TM) is getting mauled by the Pakis (well, still a lot of the test left to play). Some interesting results in world cricket at the minute!

And it looks worse and worse. No doubt that the batsmen have failed dismally so far. An odd place and an odd stadium to be playing in from all accounts but yes, a very poor performance to say the least. Perhaps became a bit complacent and started taking things for granted? Anyway, there needs to be a dramatic improvement in the next game.
Don't hesitate to spoil the ship for a ha'porth of tar. You'll get credit for saving the ha'penny and someone else will get the blame for losing the ship.
Wage Slave
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread postby allblacks » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:03 am

AAAA AAAA AAAA being shouted...Is there any way the umpires are giving the batsman not out due to incorrect appeal? Just a question!

allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

Unread postby MacGyver » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:31 pm

Wage Slave wrote:An odd place and an odd stadium to be playing in from all accounts

I know a couple of guys who have been there for ICC-related events (one guy was there to get his level 3 and another to attend an ICC associates meeting), but from what I have heard, it is a very good ground and pitch. Being in or near the ICC HQ, I believe they take very good care of both ground and pitch. Just a pity no one was there to watch the game.

Wage Slave wrote:Is there any way the umpires are giving the batsman not out due to incorrect appeal?

Hmmmm....Doubtful but I would imagine some umpires would be tempted to turn down the appeal based on the obnoxiousness of the appeal. And its worth noting that the "aaaaaa aaaaaa aaaaaa" is against the rules. They are three separate appeals but you are only allowed to make one appeal. I doubt the umpire would give it not out on that basis but the bowler risks going into the book if he continues to do it (I'm sure he'll get at least one warning before going into the book though).
MacGyver
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread postby Wage Slave » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:57 pm

Agreed, Nothing wrong with the pitch that's for sure. They got thrashed and it was as simple as that. Next game starts next week. A repeat will beg a few questions without doubt.
Wage Slave
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread postby BergKatse » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:09 pm

Bloody hell. Ponting and Clarke are giving India a hiding. Have the Indians just given up or something?
BergKatse
Jaded Veteran
Jaded Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Sports