Rugby Union

A forum for sports talk.
Forum rules
The basic forum rules are here :wink: . Refer to the BBCode Guide for information on using BBCode tags, plus this post about additional tags for embedding video.
allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

Re: Rugby Union

Unread post by allblacks » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:27 pm

It wasn't "clumsy" as the NZ Herald tried to put it but deliberate. Williams is a moron that is plain and simple.
Donald Trump "You know what Uranium does? Lots of things, nuclear and like lots of things."

AsahiSupaSpy
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread post by AsahiSupaSpy » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:30 am

RalphWiggum wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:33 pm
I thought the refereeing was very even handed. SBW had to go - even before the law changes that was red all the way. MV's was definitely a yellow but no more than that, and I haven't seen the SOB incident.

Edited to add - Just watched the SOB incident. Definitely a yellow - mitigation being Naholo was slipping / falling at the time of contact.
Vunipola deliberately targeted the head of a prone, uninvolved player with an elbow two minutes after being warned about a previous late hit. There was little head contact because Barratt saw it coming and flinched. He wasn't cited after the match because it had been 'dealt with' on-field. Naholo was being held static in a tackle and was hit in the head with a deliberately swinging arm by an arriving player. He was cited after the game (but unsanctioned for some undisclosed reason) because his action was deemed to have met the threshold for a red card.

Again, I think the Lions deserved the win, they scored two well worked tries, but there were inconsistencies.

Anyway, the teams have been announced, some surprises by Hansen, it's going to be a classic.
Do NOT arrest this man.

allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

Unread post by allblacks » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:37 pm

In the end, way way way too many mistakes. The Allblacks are a shit team right now. They are vunerable and need to be humbled as they were last week.

As a long time supporter I have to say this... Fuck off Sonny Bill you should be banned from selection. Dumb arse!
Donald Trump "You know what Uranium does? Lots of things, nuclear and like lots of things."

BergKatse
Hopeless Drone
Hopeless Drone

Unread post by BergKatse » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:06 pm

This series has been economical for me. I get my drinks and snacks ready, but the games are so tense that by the end of the game I've hardly touched any of them. Fantastic series from start to finish.

AsahiSupaSpy
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread post by AsahiSupaSpy » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:40 am

A greatly entertaining series of rugby. As an All Blacks supporter I could point to some bad calls by the refs, but so could any Lions supporters, who'd be justified in doing so. It's swings and roundabouts. A draw seems a fair, if unsatisfying, result.

I did cringe at the NZ media's treatment and dismissal of Gatland. To portray him as a clown, and to push the 'Warrenball' narrative (when in fact it was the ABs who played up the middle the most) was just childish and pitiful. He came with his gameplan, and the players to carry it out, and after the first scratchy performance against the Barbarians they really showed their worth, collecting wins against half the super rugby teams, including the previously unbeaten Crusaders, the Maori ABs (essentially All Blacks A) and an All Blacks test scalp.

The All Blacks had plenty of chances to score in the first half of the decider but they couldn't catch the damn ball. Add some baffling decision making in the second test (Cruden's crossfield kick in the final few minutes, anyone) terrible goal kicking when they had a better kicker on the field, and a stupid substitution/rotation policy by the coaches, and they only have themselves to blame for what is, to most kiwis, a series loss.

All that said, as far as the contentious calls that decided the second and third tests are concerned, well, it's better to be lucky than good.
Do NOT arrest this man.

RalphWiggum
LJ Oracle
LJ Oracle

Unread post by RalphWiggum » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:48 am

Kiwis should have been out of sight by the end of the first half in the decider...
Shit wank bollocks

allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

Unread post by allblacks » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:23 am

Bledisloe time again. Last night was a clobbering by the ABs. Beauden Barrett is disappointing with his shitty kicking. SURELY there is someone else that can step in with better goal kicking. 50 odd percent just isnt good enough at this level.

RalphWiggum
LJ Oracle
LJ Oracle

Unread post by RalphWiggum » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:48 pm

allblacks wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:23 am
Bledisloe time again. Last night was a clobbering by the ABs. Beauden Barrett is disappointing with his shitty kicking. SURELY there is someone else that can step in with better goal kicking. 50 odd percent just isnt good enough at this level.
Saw the highlights yesterday - the scoreline flattered the Aussies really, the ABs were rampant and really seemed to take their foot off the gas in the second half.
Shit wank bollocks

BartenBotflyVB
Frustrated Realist
Frustrated Realist
Location: (i'm not barten, or Valve Bouncer, I'm just that botfly c**t)

Unread post by BartenBotflyVB » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:57 pm

barely a fuck given over 4Nations or whatever its called. The Lions "we 'ave a deal" french ref fuckery was a marsipan carob pineapple cocktail jammed up NZ's collective arse. Plus the Soup Rugby abomination structure gifting the foreigners playoff games at the expense of NZ sides was embarrasingly laughable. Aus sides go 0-26 vs NZ sides then the boks Lions don't even play an NZ side all season? Over it. "Mummy, mummy, can we please have a direct home path to the finals, please mummy, please don't make us play the NZ sides, they're ever so ugly and mean to us Mummy."

BergKatse
Hopeless Drone
Hopeless Drone

Unread post by BergKatse » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:48 pm

Geez, 57 nil? Seriously?
I know New Zealand are good and South Africa are just coming out of a rough patch, but are they *that* good and *that* crappy?
57 nil?!

BartenBotflyVB
Frustrated Realist
Frustrated Realist
Location: (i'm not barten, or Valve Bouncer, I'm just that botfly c**t)

Unread post by BartenBotflyVB » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:48 pm

57-0 and the bok had 70% territory!

wft.

thought the real diff between the sides was about 20 points. should tighten up back in the republic. Rhule blew the score out by missing a zillion tackles and bok lineout collapsed and with it their entire rolling maul game plan. Malcolm Marx was biffing it in worse than his fucken dad Harpo

RalphWiggum
LJ Oracle
LJ Oracle

Unread post by RalphWiggum » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:46 am

Five in a row and the biggest margin of victory against you, Aussies. Not a pretty game given the conditions and Cheika appears to have got himself in bother moaning about the decisions that (correctly) went against you...
Shit wank bollocks

BergKatse
Hopeless Drone
Hopeless Drone

Unread post by BergKatse » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:20 am

When those decisions started to go against Australia, you just knew there was a Cheika tirade coming. The guy's becoming known more for his griping than his coaching.

Meanwhile, I can't wait for England to play New Zealand in 2018.

RalphWiggum
LJ Oracle
LJ Oracle

Unread post by RalphWiggum » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:54 am

I can't wait to see England play NZ either - they only just beat Scotland yesterday...
Shit wank bollocks