Give me a cricket tidbit!

A forum for sports talk.
Forum rules
The basic forum rules are here :wink: . Refer to the BBCode Guide for information on using BBCode tags, plus this post about additional tags for embedding video.
BergKatse
Hopeless Drone
Hopeless Drone

Re: Give me a cricket tidbit!

Unread post by BergKatse » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:32 am

Hey! I noticed on Cricinfo the other day that there was commentary of the Japan vs. South Korea game. I can't find the commentary any more, but I swear it was there.

I wonder who does it... I can't imagine Cricinfo would dispatch one of their regulars to cover it. Maybe a local enthusiast?

MacGyver
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread post by MacGyver » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:47 pm

BergKatse wrote:I wonder who does it... I can't imagine Cricinfo would dispatch one of their regulars to cover it. Maybe a local enthusiast?
I think it was someone on the JCA staff, but not entirely sure. Too far so didn't go (even though someone from the JCA asked me to go; fuck that too far) but I've lost a lot of interest in the national team now that you must have a passport and have lived here for 75% or more of your life. They're just going backward at this point. To lose to Korea, who are hopeless, is proof of that. A guy I played with on the team and who was born here and has a J passport (and arguably the best batsman in Japan) is no longer eligible cause he grew up in England. (Born here to J mum and E dad, moved there when he was 2, and came back in his early 20s, now almost 30.) The fact that he wants to play but can't cause he's no longer eligible really shits me off.
"Yous guys talk a lotta shit. I'm much more smarter than all a yous." - Samurai Jerk after being owned by the Let's Japan crew.

BergKatse
Hopeless Drone
Hopeless Drone

Unread post by BergKatse » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:11 pm

Soooo, Australia is about to play three ODIs against New Zealand, and India is about to play three ODIs against England (in a bit, after two more tests).

So far, in ODIs this year, Australia has:
  • Won 4 and lost 1 against India
  • Won 1 and lost 2 against New Zealand
  • Won 3 and lost 1 against the West Indies
  • Won 1 and lost 6 against South Africa
  • Won 4 and lost 1 against Sri Lanka
  • Won 1 and lost 0 against Ireland
and New Zealand has:
  • Won 1 and lost 0 against Sri Lanka;
  • Won 2 and lost 0 against Pakistan
  • Won 2 and lost 1 against Australia
  • Won 2 and lost 3 against India
Australia just lost a test series 1-2 to South Africa, New Zealand just won a test series 2-0 over Pakistan, and NZ beat Aus 2-1 the last time they met. But surely Australia are favourites to beat NZ?

So far, in ODIs this year, India has:
  • Won 1 and lost 5 against Australia
  • Won 3 and won 0 against Zimbabwe
  • Won 3 and lost 2 against New Zealand
and England has:
  • Won 2 and lost 3 against South Africa
  • Won 3 and tied 1 against Sri Lanka
  • Won 4 and lost 1 against Pakistan
  • Won 2 and lost 1 against Bangladesh
But England are currently 0-2 down in the ongoing test series.

Predictions?

allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

Unread post by allblacks » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:27 pm

Just saw NZ lose the first game of a five match one day series with South Efrika. Shit has changed a lot since I last watched it some time ago. I didn't know they were allowing the batting side to question on field umpire decisions. It just happened with one of the openers for the visitors. Guy was given out but overturned.

It works both ways I know but you sorta start to wonder why there are umpires on the field at all if that is going on.
Donald Trump "You know what Uranium does? Lots of things, nuclear and like lots of things."

bostonaussie
Jaded Veteran
Jaded Veteran

Unread post by bostonaussie » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:00 am

Aussies v India looking like a good series. We hit em pretty hard in the 1st test, and India nicked the next one. Usual verbals going on - Indians having a fit over Smith apparently looking to the dressing room for hints when deciding to review being given out in the 2nd inns last week. 3rd test starts soon. Should be a good one.

allblacks
Drop Kick Artist
Drop Kick Artist

Unread post by allblacks » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:51 pm

NZ top order is absolute garbage. NZ v SA is a joke. Can't they get any better batsmen? JFC!

Two wickets in five mins after I originally posted this. The selectors need to get rid of all the middle order. Kane Williamson needs to go. Don't care about his status in the team. Shit form... Out!
Donald Trump "You know what Uranium does? Lots of things, nuclear and like lots of things."