Companies who pay promptly

A forum for discussing eikaiwa and teaching-related issues.
Forum rules
The basic forum rules are here :wink: . Refer to the BBCode Guide for information on using BBCode tags, plus this post about additional tags for embedding video.
Maguro
Fresh & Minty
Fresh & Minty

Companies who pay promptly

Unread post by Maguro » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:02 pm

Are there any companies out there that pay after 30 days rather than after 60? I currently work as an ALT for a large company. They delay our pay for 60 days when we start, then actually reset this terrible process the following contract, if you get another one with them.

It seems like GABA does this 60 day thing. What about other companies?

Berlitz?
7Act?
Aeon?

Edogaijin
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Re: Companies who pay promptly

Unread post by Edogaijin » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:40 pm

I get my high school pay on the 20th of the month of that month.....therefore they pay out the last 10 days before we've worked them. :clap:
My wedding job though pays 2 months and 25 days after the end of the month and lately has been 3 weeks later than that... :smash:
I get my students at my school to pay in advance...ie. before the end of the preceding month. :thumbsup:

Some of my other money comes in by the quarter, 60 days after the quarter has finished.... :bang:

As long as it's paid... I don't care...anyone that doesn't pay gets Georged...

allblacks

Unread post by allblacks » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:42 pm

So its a verb now? Lol! That was a good story!

The only time Ive ever experienced non-payment here was in a bar job. And that was sorted out very quickly as I merely went to the owner and told them the manager was withheld my pay. Cant really imagine what the Nova guys went through way back when. What a pain!

lordCONAN
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread post by lordCONAN » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:25 am

As far as I know, the 60 day thing with Interac, and other dispatch companies, is due to the fact that the comapnies don't get paid by the BoE until a certain point, they probably then wait until the next regular pay day to give out the money so that it coincides with their regular staff, and all teaches across the country get paid at the same time. I'm guessing it just makes life easier for whoever is doing the accounting there.

As far as I know, most eikaiwa's pay straight away, at least Aeon does.

Boogaloo
Fresh & Minty
Fresh & Minty

Unread post by Boogaloo » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:46 am

Altia always pays on time and they don't pull the 60 day crap at the beginning of a renewed contract. Can't remember whether they make you wait 60 days if you work for them as a new hire though. Don't think so.