company classes

A forum for discussing eikaiwa and teaching-related issues.
Forum rules
The basic forum rules are here :wink: . Refer to the BBCode Guide for information on using BBCode tags, plus this post about additional tags for embedding video.
sirwanksalot
Masturbateur
Masturbateur

company classes

Unread post by sirwanksalot » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:16 pm

I"m doing some on call work teaching company classes and I'm wondering what you guys do for lesson plans. Never really have taught these classes before so I'm wondering if I should teach business English or just juggle for them while I play havanagila on the kazoo.

inflames
9 miles of bad road
9 miles of bad road

Re: company classes

Unread post by inflames » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:04 pm

You should generally have a plan. Some people write up detailed plans for each lesson; I simply come up with a plan for the units in the book and go at the students' pace. The first lesson we do simple intros and I figure out what the students want and, if they use English at work, in what way they use it (phone calls, e-mails, presentations, &c) and go from there (for the next lesson).

ShonaiBen
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Re: company classes

Unread post by ShonaiBen » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:10 pm

.........all the company classes that I ever taught followed some kind of curriculum chief......is there no such thing or a textbook at least?........not that we followed it anyway.........we usually ended up having a free conversation class......best parties I ever had........the lads in the company classes do enjoy their beer........have fun.
Shit Sticks to the Wall.........