What's the current landscape of teaching in Japan?

A forum for discussing eikaiwa and teaching-related issues.
Forum rules
The basic forum rules are here :wink: . Refer to the BBCode Guide for information on using BBCode tags, plus this post about additional tags for embedding video.
T.D.
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

What's the current landscape of teaching in Japan?

Unread post by T.D. » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:41 pm

Just as the title says, what's it like teaching there now that the dust is well settled since the Nova days. Is eikaiwa better or worse since then, etc.?

JD9
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Re: What's the current landscape of teaching in Japan?

Unread post by JD9 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:56 pm

T.D. wrote:Just as the title says, what's it like teaching there now that the dust is well settled since the Nova days. Is eikaiwa better or worse since then, etc.?
It's much better for me because I started my own school and work bugger all for a lot more money. Friends I know who are still in the game basically say it's the same as it ever was except salaries are down across the board and most folks make up their income with privates or additional part time work, of which there is still plenty around if you're willing to spend the time going after it. Thinking of making a return bud?
Angryboy: [size=150][color=#FF0000]Fuck I`m drunk.Been nbice knowing you apck of cunts.[/color][/size]

T.D.
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread post by T.D. » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:14 am

Well, been back in the states for something like 7 years now, but was laid off in late Jan. and still looking for a damn job. I love it here in Atlanta, but pretty much every day I still wind up thinking about Japan. I know my wife would love to move back home, but I think my daughter who is 7 now would be happier to stay put. Hopefully I'll get an offer soon, but if not, like they said in SpinalTap, "There's always Japan!"

bostonaussie
Jaded Veteran
Jaded Veteran

Unread post by bostonaussie » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:17 am

Hitting up on a pertinent query to myself and I am sure others, whats the trend with recruiting overseas these days ?