Nambu union website down,what`s going on ????

A forum for discussing eikaiwa and teaching-related issues.
Forum rules
The basic forum rules are here :wink: . Refer to the BBCode Guide for information on using BBCode tags, plus this post about additional tags for embedding video.
medway garage
Frustrated Realist
Frustrated Realist

Nambu union website down,what`s going on ????

Unread post by medway garage » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:51 am

I`ve just tried to access nambufwc.org/ only for a `this domain is for sale` message to appear, does anyone know what`s going on ?I read a message on the blog saying the union was no more [which I don`t believe], did they forget to renew the domain, quite a big thing to forget for a union ? Does anyone in the Nambu Union care to comment on this to put the record straight and stop internet gossip.

Shawn
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: At Mitch & Murray, holding on to the good leads and preparing sets of steak knives

Re: Nambu union website down,what`s going on ????

Unread post by Shawn » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:22 pm

Maybe they moved to a different domain or forgot to pay the bill?

Shimano
Jaded Veteran
Jaded Veteran

Unread post by Shimano » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:34 pm

Don't suppose any of you tried a WHOIS on the domain?

If you did, we will have a trail to follow to find out what happened...

inflames
9 miles of bad road
9 miles of bad road

Unread post by inflames » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:31 am

novawhiz wrote: That's pretty interesting, would definately like to see interac get nailed for being so abusive to so many people.... Hope this puts a nail in their coffin
As much as I hate Interac (and, the head of the Osaka branch is the regional head for Aichi and Shizuoka branches too, and I really hate that fucker - he lectures everyone for like 2 hours on Japanese etiquette ["always apologize"], but he doesn't give a shit when the staff ignore it and are abusive towards instructors), I wish they would change their ways. All in all, for ALT companies, Interac isn't that bad. They pay a decent amount, it's just that the people and policies there are awful. It's kind of like Nova - they're big (in their industry) and crooked. Closing them down would only mean that 10 smaller, crappier companies take their place.

Shimano
Jaded Veteran
Jaded Veteran

Unread post by Shimano » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:44 am

here's the whois info:

Domain ID:D105847767-LROR
Domain Name:NAMBUFWC.ORG
Created On:08-Mar-2005 14:00:20 UTC
Last Updated On:09-Mar-2010 13:45:25 UTC
Expiration Date:08-Mar-2011 14:00:20 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Wild West Domains, Inc. (R120-LROR)
Registrant ID:CR31194428
Registrant Name:Colorteck Network
Registrant Organization:colorteck Network
Registrant Street1:1207-B Glenda Dr
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Round Rock
Registrant State/Province:Texas
Registrant Postal Code:78681
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.8883948081
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:domains@colorteck.com
Admin ID:CR31194430
Admin Name:Andrew Brouard
Admin Organization:karensdmclub.co.uk
Admin Street1:The Limes Hook Green Road
Admin Street2:
Admin Street3:
Admin City:Southfleet
Admin State/Province:Not Applicable
Admin Postal Code:DA13 9NQ
Admin Country:GB
Admin Phone:+44.1474834531

Admin Phone Ext.:
Admin FAX:
Admin FAX Ext.:
Admin Email:sales@colorteck.com
Tech ID:CR31194429
Tech Name:Andrew Brouard
Tech Organization:karensdmclub.co.uk
Tech Street1:The Limes Hook Green Road
Tech Street2:
Tech Street3:
Tech City:Southfleet
Tech State/Province:Not Applicable
Tech Postal Code:DA13 9NQ
Tech Country:GB
Tech Phone:+44.1474834531

Tech Phone Ext.:
Tech FAX:
Tech FAX Ext.:
Tech Email:sales@colorteck.com
Name Server:NS17.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server:NS18.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
DNSSEC:Unsigned

Shimano
Jaded Veteran
Jaded Veteran

Unread post by Shimano » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:48 am

Used to be something called 'The Limes Consultancy", in Kent.

Based in a house by the same name, so no doubt a home business.

The site is now dead.

Shimano
Jaded Veteran
Jaded Veteran

Unread post by Shimano » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:51 am

Google...

Andrew Brouard

http://www.spoke.com/profiles/amb@theli ... ltancy.com

thelimeconsultancy.com is a dead URL (mail, and net access)

Shimano
Jaded Veteran
Jaded Veteran

Unread post by Shimano » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:52 am

http://ww.ecademy.com/account.php?id=23919

This guy, it seems

"Born and educated in Guernsey (Elizabeth College) I started my articles there but learned very quickly that I needed to move to London for a better training. Peat Marwick Mitchell took me on and I qualified first time round as an ACA by 21. I had said I would like to travel on my application form and I then spent a two year tour in Iran, a riotous time in all sorts of ways and preceded the Shah out of that country by only two months.

On returning to London quickly settled back into the career at PMM/KPMG, finally persuaded Karen to be my wife and married in 1980. A second chance to travel came along in the guise of a three year appointment as the UK resident partner in Tokyo, Japan (the clarification is only there because so many associate Tokyo, with Hong Kong, for whatever reason……). Karen took early retirement and we circumnavigated the globe, at that time, via Alaska, saying hello to the Polar bear. It was an amazing experience living and working in Japan during a period when Japan was expanding and opening its doors to foreign companies, it was a period of deregulation and growth. Very much involved in the foreign financial sector, I established the Foreign Investment Advisers Group and negotiated on their behalf with the Ministry of Finance on the implementation of the Investment Advisory Law as it impacted on foreign advisers. Many friends were made there and remain so and we also had the opportunity of travelling around that distant part of the world more easily than had we started from the UK. As an added bonus we also started our family there, it must have been something to do with the water because both children are boys.

Most of my work in Japan was with financial and trading institutions and on returning to London my work naturally tended towards the former sector and additionally included clients in the property, construction and associated service sectors. Eventually I also took on responsibility for audit and advisory services to the venture capital sector and found myself working increasingly with owner managed businesses, where I felt that I was actually making a difference to their business. There is something , which is particularly satisfying when you can see that your advice and recommendations can improve and move a business forward.

One of the tremendous advantages of working in a professional firm such as KPMG, is the broad range of business and management techniques to which you are exposed, with time this generates invaluable experience. There was also the opportunity of working with businesses in different parts of the world on short-term assignments and these took me to India, Africa, Sri Lanka, Dubai and the States.

Realising that my interest and skills were aligning with growing businesses, my thoughts turned towards setting up a business concentrating on delivering focussed financial management services to this sector as an independent. The opportunity for the break from KPMG came and in the mid nineties when I was approached to head up the firm's audit practice in the Middle East, but with a semi-permanency about this position and a distinct lack of enthusiasm from the family for the location I declined. And so The Limes Consultancy (affectionately known as TLC) was born, the power of networking became readily apparent, as rightly so, growing businesses are keen to ensure that they obtain value for money and can be confident that their service providers will deliver, introductions therefore are almost always essential.

TLC has undertaken a wide variety of assignments from creating, establishing and managing an internal audit function to review the efficacy of the British Rail privatisation programme, preparation of several business plans to seek and obtain funding for new business ventures, business reviews which have considered the efficiency of the organisational and back office structures, developed integrated management information systems, designed key performance indicators, mentored and coached, integration and turnaround of a business post-acquisition, commercial contract negotiations, transformation of a business from sole trader to limited company, tender preparation and presentation assistance, seminar presentations and updates and a three year period as financial director and company secretary running all the back office functions for an award winning IT recruitment business.

I am a great believer in the use of technology as a tool to enhance my own personal efficiency and have become an adept user of Excel, Access etc etc. TLC has always had a web presence, albeit that this was upgraded substantially two years ago and the site redesigned last summer. It has a wealth of information for growing businesses, there is a regular monthly newsletter, sometimes more frequently and the site is updated at least monthly.

The value of the services provided by TLC has always been appreciated by those people and businesses with whom I have worked. My style is to work as a team or partnership with the business since we both have something to give and take; knowledge and experience doesn't develop in a vacuum, it needs to be challenged and exposed to new situations to grow and be constantly relevant - the virtuous circle.

My interests, aside from TLC, include organic herb and vegetable gardening, which align very neatly with my love of food and wine. My culinary skills extend to barbecuing and baltis, the former most weekends of the year, the latter are annual or, at best, semi-annual events. Needless to say these pursuits are not wholly complimentary to what Doctors regard as a healthy lifestyle, so a campaign was launched last year to lose weight and the four stone lost has been maintained …. nearly. Achieved through a combination of exercise, will power and a strict regimen of controlled calorie intake. The challenge now is to find recipes for low calorie meals that are flavoursome. Despite having been brought up surrounded by sea, sailing skills were not acquired in Guernsey, more recently we have enjoyed a couple of holidays on sailing boats, which has kindled an interest in spending more time on the water. Having completed the RYA theory to Yachtmaster the challenge is to now obtain the practical sailing experience and with one son interested we are embarking on a week's sailing course at Easter.

Recognising the need to continually expand my own personal network, Ecademy seems an ideal vehicle to assist in this process, the more so since it is web based and we share similar values.

What I should like to achieve in my networking through Ecademy is to:

- find owners/managers of growing businesses that do not have fully developed financial and back office functions and who recognise the value that they can add to their business
- find other people who know of owners/managers in the above situation
- enable businesses to take advantage of my skills and experience
- provide businesses with access to a range of other business professionals in my personal network
- give back at least as much as I gain from the network

If you have a need for somebody who has a skill or interest that aligns with my own, then there is every chance that I can put you in touch with such a person.

I look forward to hearing from you."

murderer

Unread post by murderer » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:01 pm

Berlitz site is down. Union is having trouble due to corruption in the union. I heard the union stewards were never really going to bat for anyone. Just using the strike to extort the company into giving them perks. Union membership went way down because of it. The mainstream teachers left the union because the radicals forced them out.

http://www.berlitzuniontokyo.org/

Gizmo
Frustrated Realist
Frustrated Realist

Unread post by Gizmo » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:53 pm

The union was reformed(?) as the Zenkoku Ippan Tokyo General Union - you will find the Berlitz link on their website: http://tokyogeneralunion.org/

I heard they just won unemployment insurance for RCS teachers and full-time employment status for (Philippine National Bank) workers, but that's just a rumor. I'm not part of this union nor do I work for Berlitz.

"Congratulations to our sisters and brothers at PNB who tonight won an astonishing victory, concluding a massive three-year collective bargaining agreement.
>>
>> The accord, Tozen's first collective agreement, includes a 5% base-up pay increase this year, two further 3% hikes in 2011 and 2012, a grievance procedure system, and permanent employment for all union members."

I'm not quite sure where Berlitz stands in all this though - they aren't listed as one of the Tozen branches, and I'm not sure if Nambu still exists/its strength, etc. If someone is working for Berlitz and could shed some light on this it would be great.
LOSING
If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.

JojoBizarro
Fresh & Minty
Fresh & Minty

Unread post by JojoBizarro » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:37 am

Gizmo wrote:The union was reformed(?) as the Zenkoku Ippan Tokyo General Union - you will find the Berlitz link on their website: http://tokyogeneralunion.org/

I heard they just won unemployment insurance for RCS teachers and full-time employment status for (Philippine National Bank) workers, but that's just a rumor. I'm not part of this union nor do I work for Berlitz.

"Congratulations to our sisters and brothers at PNB who tonight won an astonishing victory, concluding a massive three-year collective bargaining agreement.
>>
>> The accord, Tozen's first collective agreement, includes a 5% base-up pay increase this year, two further 3% hikes in 2011 and 2012, a grievance procedure system, and permanent employment for all union members."

I'm not quite sure where Berlitz stands in all this though - they aren't listed as one of the Tozen branches, and I'm not sure if Nambu still exists/its strength, etc. If someone is working for Berlitz and could shed some light on this it would be great.
Nambu does still exist, yes, but it wasn’t reformed as Tozen. Tozen was originally Nambu’s Foreign Workers’ Caucus, but then it seceded from Nambu and now operates independently … and maybe a little bit too much so. Due to a shortage of staff and the lack of a federation backing it, Tozen has ended up throwing some members to the wolves when too many disputes arose.
When you teach for Nova, you’re automatically to blame for everything. When the Sun swells into a red giant in five billion years, they’ll blame you for that too.