Neo-Nova

A forum for discussing eikaiwa and teaching-related issues.
Forum rules
The basic forum rules are here :wink: . Refer to the BBCode Guide for information on using BBCode tags, plus this post about additional tags for embedding video.
Shawn
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: At Mitch & Murray, holding on to the good leads and preparing sets of steak knives

Neo-Nova

Unread post by Shawn » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:03 am

With Nova officially bankrupt and G.comm in control, this thread is for discussing what's going on with G.communication.

Have at it! :)
Last edited by Shawn on Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

sampler
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread post by sampler » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:14 am

The trustees were quoted as saying The New Company says they are going to “guarantee working conditions same as or better than NOVA.” in a meeting with the union as reported on an LJ thread. I am disgusted that they are getting people to work without contracts, insurance, any timely information (eg setting deadlines about the advance and not telling anyone!) and generally treating people like dirt. They have U-turned on key promises (eg paying people on stand by) and grossly underestimated the number of employees who would want employment. On top of that, they have re-hired senior managers (eg Anders) who are inextricably linked to the former regime and its illegal practices. Have the Trustees anything to say about this?

edowado

I agree.

Unread post by edowado » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:48 am

I agree. Lots of nice talk and then no information. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. I hope it will not go unnoticed:

"The trustees were quoted as saying The New Company says they are going to “guarantee working conditions same as or better than NOVA.” in a meeting with the union as reported on an LJ thread. I am disgusted that they are getting people to work without contracts, insurance, any timely information (eg setting deadlines about the advance and not telling anyone!) and generally treating people like dirt. They have U-turned on key promises (eg paying people on stand by) and grossly underestimated the number of employees who would want employment. On top of that, they have re-hired senior managers (eg Anders) who are inextricably linked to the former regime and its illegal practices. Have the Trustees anything to say about this?"

MrX
Eikaiwa Lifer
Eikaiwa Lifer

Request for Employment B

Unread post by MrX » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:09 am

UPDATE - If you submit Request for Employment B (i.e. start on January 10th, get JPY150,000), you can't claim any unemployment benefits from Hello Work. I just had this confirmed by NOVA Foreign Personnel.
Last edited by MrX on Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I believe what I said yesterday. I don't know what I said, but I know what I think, and, well, I assume it's what I said."

allblacks

Unread post by allblacks » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:27 am

Thread three about this stuff eh? I think I will take this opportunity to bow out and leave it to the people working there.

As my last comment, I really do wish everyone the best of luck.

Cheers guys and girls

Wage Slave
Shockproof shit detector
Shockproof shit detector

Unread post by Wage Slave » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:29 am

allblacks wrote:Thread three about this stuff eh? I think I will take this opportunity to bow out and leave it to the people working there.

Cheers guys and girls
I feel exactly the same about this now. Very good luck to everyone still in there and see you in the other threads and Topics.
Don't hesitate to spoil the ship for a ha'porth of tar. You'll get credit for saving the ha'penny and someone else will get the blame for losing the ship.

exUsagiCoalMiner
Cassandra
Cassandra
Location: In the concrete jungle known as "the Kitchen of Japan"....

Unread post by exUsagiCoalMiner » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:51 am

Wage Slave wrote:
allblacks wrote:Thread three about this stuff eh? I think I will take this opportunity to bow out and leave it to the people working there.

Cheers guys and girls
I feel exactly the same about this now. Very good luck to everyone still in there and see you in the other threads and Topics.
Kinda getting there myself. (The train cars have been removed, the benzine cleaned up, and now it's just the final clean up crews looking for wreckage evidence...)
Will check this thread for major "announcements", but, like all the others,
Good Luck all!!!
"But it's got sharp, pointy teeth!"

Zola
Fresh & Minty
Fresh & Minty

Unread post by Zola » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:01 pm

Someone mentioned, "What is stopping us from taking the 150,000, and bailing". Well, nothing is stopping you really.
There is very little they can do to stop it, and from what i was told, are more or less expecting it from a certain percentage.
The thing is they see it as a way of saving money over this next month.
Anyone who has been into a branch this week knoews that instructors are doing fuck all, standing around, having the odd chat with students, and getting paid for it.

So G.COM, are thinking that they would rather not have to pay everyone full wage to stand around and do nothing. They arent going to need all these teachers until January, or later. So why not give them a portion of their pay, and hope that at least some of the return when they need them.
Its a gamble for them, one they expect to lose at least something on, but in the long run they need to do something like this., lest they lose their entire work force.

ex_sensei
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread post by ex_sensei » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:25 pm

Zola wrote:Someone mentioned, "What is stopping us from taking the 150,000, and bailing". Well, nothing is stopping you really.
There is very little they can do to stop it, and from what i was told, are more or less expecting it from a certain percentage.
The thing is they see it as a way of saving money over this next month.
Anyone who has been into a branch this week knoews that instructors are doing fuck all, standing around, having the odd chat with students, and getting paid for it.

So G.COM, are thinking that they would rather not have to pay everyone full wage to stand around and do nothing. They arent going to need all these teachers until January, or later. So why not give them a portion of their pay, and hope that at least some of the return when they need them.
Its a gamble for them, one they expect to lose at least something on, but in the long run they need to do something like this., lest they lose their entire work force.
As I mentioned on another thread - this YEN 150K is essentially a farewell gift. GCOM does expect a lot of instructors to take it and never return.
[i]Ex_Sensei has left GCOM, and is now working for the competition.[/i]

Keleidoscope
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread post by Keleidoscope » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:37 pm

My friend reckons he's going to be starting with them on the 5th of December. We'll see eh?

Franksandbeans
Enthusiastic Newbie
Enthusiastic Newbie

Unread post by Franksandbeans » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:43 pm

Yeah, there really isn't much to say about what's going on now is there?

Looks like G.com is paying people who are now at work, contract or no contract, and they've offered a month and a half at 150 000 to think about your future with them a little more.

Apparantly, they will treat former Nova instructors as "staff" from now on, and it is not clear exactly what that means. Guess it makes sense from the business point of view in that your employees (resources) should be tapped to their potential rather than just performing an assembly line task (only lessons, unless you work in Textbook Butchermaking etc), no more and no less (explicit work contract). The way I am interpreting this may be totally off, I don't know.

As far as the disorganization and lack of direction that others have commented on in the previous thread, I would say it's similar to the way most Japanese handle things from day to day - very ... "case by case". IFor example in my experience, depending on who you talk to, same neighborhood, company, govt. office what have you, you may very well get a different story depending on the person and time of day. They do seem to get it worked out in that haphazard way in the end... Quite unsettling to western sensibilities.

For now I think it's just a situation of wait and see what happens, and that's that.
She loves me, she loves me not. She loves me, she loves me not. She lo...

Level3
9 miles of bad road
9 miles of bad road

Unread post by Level3 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:19 pm

This 150,000 offer only comes AFTER the official news that back salaries will be paid at 80% by the government. People staying in Japan for that are probably not going to bail.

Back when the optimistic part of me wondered what G.Com should do if they really wanted to get some teacher loyalty; I thought they should offer a salary advance, or even a bonus AT LEAST equal to the salary advance given by Nova to new employees,as most drones are now in much worse financial shape than when they came fresh off the boat.

A good-sized bonus would go a long way to convincing people that this is not Nova-Part 2. Disgruntled employees might become "gruntled" if given a bonus, rather than ready to leave as soon as something better came along (and up to now ANY steady-paying job with management that doesn't lie and spy, even if the salary is lower, is "better") Some cash now will inspire loyalty in April.

As for the people who take the money and bail, G.Com can say "Good, we didn't want those ticking-time bombs in our schools anyway"
If 1000 people take the money and run, G.Com has spent a mere 150 million to efficiently get rid of the "undesirables" in their minds. Now if only they have another plan to get rid of the slimey ex-Nova executives at some point, there is hope after all.

Things may be looking up, but keep waiting for the contract. G.Com is probably still busy debating how they can cut costs, and whether they should or shouldn't shaft the teachers as much as possible. Or it could all be a ploy to get as many people to commit as possible before the actual contract is printed, people who have already committed will be much less likely to refuse any contract.
"Facts all come with points of view. Facts don't do what I want them to." - Talking Heads

whatever
Jaded Veteran
Jaded Veteran

Re: Request for Employment B

Unread post by whatever » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:03 pm

MrX wrote:UPDATE - If you submit Request for Employment B (i.e. start on January 10th, get JPY150,000), you can't claim any unemployment benefits from Hello Work. I just had this confirmed by NOVA Foreign Personnel.
And you believe foreign personnel? I wouldn't.

Go to Hello Work and ask them. :wink:

Frustrated Realist
Frustrated Realist

Unread post by » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:28 pm

Regarding those people who choose to take option (B) the 150,000 yen “retainer” or “gift” from G. Education and their ability/inability to claim Unemployment Insurance between now and January 10th:

MrX wrote:
"UPDATE - If you submit Request for Employment B (i.e. start on January 10th, get JPY150,000), you can't claim any unemployment benefits from Hello Work. I just had this confirmed by NOVA Foreign Personnel."

At one of the meetings in Osaka yesterday, one of the instructors said that he had been to Hello Work yesterday morning and they had told him the exact same thing. However, I do agree with WHATEVER that people should go to their local Hello Work Office and verify this for themselves.

If Foreign Personnel has said that those people who accept the 150,000 yen “gift” from G. Education are NOT eligible for Unemployment Insurance then I would REALLY like to hear EXACTLY WHY that is.

My understanding is that people who choose option (B) agree to start working for G. Education FROM January 10th, not before. The document which people have to sign is clearly titled “REQUEST FOR EMPLOYMENT” and the “commencement of employment” is pre-printed as January 10th, 2008. I would understand that to mean that I will become a full-fledged G. Education employee from January 10th and will probably have to sign an “employment contract” with them on that date. Therefore, at the moment, I am STILL a Nova employee. However, as we all know, Nova is now officially bankrupt and can’t/won’t pay anyone from now onwards. So I am “unemployed” until January 10th and therefore SHOULD be eligible for Unemployment Insurance. However, it all depends on HOW Hello Work construes the 150,000 yen “gift” from G. Education. If they consider it to be “salary” then I don’t think they would permit you to go on to Unemployment Insurance. And, has previously been mentioned, there is no LEGALLY BINDING commitment between G. Education and instructors which can stop you from taking the money and running.

I can’t really see much of a difference between this situation and say EXAMPLE: an instructor who is now unemployed and has signed a “Request For Employment” with ABC Company/School/Convenience Store to start work in January, February, or March 2008. The ONLY difference is the 150,000 yen “gift” and how it is construed by Hello Work. Therefore, anyone who goes to Hello Work to check their eligibility for Unemployment Insurance should make the following two points CRYSTAL CLEAR to Hello Work Staff (1) you are CURRENTLY unemployed and WILL NOT be working until January 10th, 2008 and (2) the 150,000 yen from G. Education is NOT salary, it is a “goodwill gift”.

I would go to Hello Work myself to check this out but the local office only speaks Japanese, Chinese, and Portuguese and I don’t think that I speak ANY of these languages well enough to get points (1) and (2) across to them.

At least that is MY take on the situation. Any other CONSTRUCTIVE feedback or information would be welcomed by all.

Also, on another note, an instructor asked a very GOOD question at one of yesterday’s meetings: “Is the 150,000 yen subject to tax?” The G. Education people (actually ALL former AAM’s) were unable to answer the question at that time.

My apologies for the long post.

Bingo Ban Bedlam
Enthusiastic Newbie
Enthusiastic Newbie

Unread post by Bingo Ban Bedlam » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:05 pm

Has anyone heard anything about paid holidays during Christmas/New Year?

I was told by my "IAM" that under G-Comm we will receive only three paid holdays during this season (likely to be 31st, 1st, 2nd) but that we'll also receive the same amount during Golden Week and Obon. We are allowed to take unpaid holidays though.

samegasuki
Enthusiastic Newbie
Enthusiastic Newbie

Unread post by samegasuki » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:35 pm

my question (one of many!) is, when is this 150K gift paid? It doesn't say on the "Request for Employment" (B) form available on the g-com site (password-protected portion).

Speaking of that form, there is a box on the bottom for teachers to check either Yes or No to "I would like to receive the payment of 150,000 yen." I guess legally it has to be there but why would anyone in their right mind who was filling out the Option B form say "No."

Also, anyone heard anything about a "standby wage" of 60% for people who are hired but for whom there is no school?

AsianAlien
Enthusiastic Newbie
Enthusiastic Newbie

Unread post by AsianAlien » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:41 pm

samegasuki wrote: Speaking of that form, there is a box on the bottom for teachers to check either Yes or No to "I would like to receive the payment of 150,000 yen." I guess legally it has to be there but why would anyone in their right mind who was filling out the Option B form say "No."
I had a good laugh about that as well...

Funnily enough there were fewer teachers than I had expected. I put it in a blogpost http://asianalien.blogspot.com and I'll repeat it here - in my area at least, I don't think they'll have the teacher numbers to open much beyond the couple schools they have just opened.
[url=http://asianalien.blogspot.com/]AsianAlien[/url]

deadbunny
Fresh & Minty
Fresh & Minty

Unread post by deadbunny » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:32 pm

samegasuki wrote: Also, anyone heard anything about a "standby wage" of 60% for people who are hired but for whom there is no school?
I think the 150k is their way of avoiding paying those wages. Don't actually hire the teachers, but give them a little bit of money to stick around.

I'm decidedly nonplussed with G-spot but the combination of UI from Nova's bankruptcy and the 150k should be enough to live off of in the meantime.

Edit: Just read up the thread, hmmmm... I wonder if you really can't claim UI after taking the 150k? I know that Hello Work can dock your UI for getting money from other sources, but I didn't think they could deny it entirely.

Moonos21
Frustrated Realist
Frustrated Realist

Unread post by Moonos21 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:14 pm

As far as I know, noone in Fukuoka has received any information about these two types of employment options.

gompersdebs
Fresh & Minty
Fresh & Minty

Not to be redundant

Unread post by gompersdebs » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:23 pm

Could someone post the G comm password for the staff page? I`m sure it`s out there but It could be useful on this thread too. thank you.

gompersdebs
Fresh & Minty
Fresh & Minty

Unread post by gompersdebs » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:30 pm

http://www.g-com.jp/documents/

id is nova

Password is documents_1122

MrX
Eikaiwa Lifer
Eikaiwa Lifer

Re: Request for Employment B

Unread post by MrX » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:25 pm

whatever wrote:
MrX wrote:UPDATE - If you submit Request for Employment B (i.e. start on January 10th, get JPY150,000), you can't claim any unemployment benefits from Hello Work. I just had this confirmed by NOVA Foreign Personnel.
And you believe foreign personnel? I wouldn't.

Go to Hello Work and ask them. :wink:
Fair point. I haven't had a chance to speak to any Hello Work people yet, but I've been very reliably informed by my inlaws that people who get a job but didn't find it through Hello Work don't get any money for the period that they're waiting to start work. I checked a booklet about finding jobs today, and it notes that if you're job seeking and getting benefits there are a whole load of hoops to jump through. You tell Hello Work about a job you want to apply for, they call the company and arrange the interview... etc. I think this is because PESO's (Public Employment Security Office) conditions state that in order to qualify for unemployment benefits you must be willing to work and looking for employment. When you actually get a job, you're not looking for employment any more. QED. I believe they define any benefits you get after that as maintenance support money or something, and being public officials they're well-trained in finding ways to justify their salaries and avoid giving any more public money back to the public than they have to. Hence this insistence on Hello Work being the middle man, or else no more benefits. In this case, the B option is a straight offer from G-com and Hello Work aren't involved at all. I'm also guessing that Hello Work's rules specify that anyone earning as much as... well, JPY150,000 for example, doesn't need any unemployment benefit. For an average Japanese 20-something still living with their parents I'd imagine that would be plenty of money. Can anyone confirm this?
Last edited by MrX on Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I believe what I said yesterday. I don't know what I said, but I know what I think, and, well, I assume it's what I said."

unpaidagain
Fresh & Minty
Fresh & Minty

Holidays

Unread post by unpaidagain » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:38 pm

Holidays should start on December 27 and run through till Jan 3.........areas may differ

somnambulist
Fresh & Minty
Fresh & Minty

MM center

Unread post by somnambulist » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:11 pm

I was in the MM center today working. Pretty much the entirety of the 17th floor of the Kintetsu ShinNamba building was turned into a waste dump-storage center - mountains of packages sent from all over Japan from failed/closing/moving/etc. branches. Textbooks, other books, computer equipment, random garbage. We all spent the day moving the mountains into separate piles to then later sort out. Somewhat difficult when only about half of the work force can read the Kanji of the contents of the boxes (I imagine many crash courses went around).

One whole wall was devoted to Usagis, if anyone is interested in inquiring as to acquire one.

It's criminal the amount that was sent back to Nova during the trouble - the amount either paid or remains in debt.

But it's at least good to have a job and a paycheck coming. If G-Comm works out, great, if not, more time to find another job. A means to an end.

ex_sensei
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Unread post by ex_sensei » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:42 pm

Bingo Ban Bedlam wrote:Has anyone heard anything about paid holidays during Christmas/New Year?

I was told by my "IAM" that under G-Comm we will receive only three paid holdays during this season (likely to be 31st, 1st, 2nd) but that we'll also receive the same amount during Golden Week and Obon. We are allowed to take unpaid holidays though.
No, that's not confirmed. I just asked my IAM... Although, like most things with GCOM, they don't know!

Dark Prince
Fresh & Minty
Fresh & Minty

Unread post by Dark Prince » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:08 am

Ok, for those considering trying to 'double up' and take both option B and Hello Work, a quick question:

Why would any of you want to discuss this with Hello Work?

You are, if you sign up as option B, still unemployed. Will you get a job soon? Who knows. (Well, you know, but they don't need to).
If all of you get in a car and go downtown to ask if it's ok to get government money while receiving a gift from what will be your future employer, the answer, predictably enough, will be no.
And trying to get both unemployment and start with G-Comm in January is probably not going to work for a large number of people as Hello Work usually asks to see your bank book. As they check through your recent transactions, and see 'G-Comm' and 'Furikomi', they'll probably want to ask what the recent 150,000 yen deposit in your account is.
Not to mention the fact that even if you ask for your RISHOKUHYO today, and file for option B today, the wait time for unemployment benefits will put your likely first payment date perilously close to the day you will have to inform Hello Work that you will now be employed by G-Comm (that, is, January 10th) should you wish to avoid UI fraud.
No, I think it would be very difficult to have your cake and eat it too.

However, should you take option B, then afterwards in January, NOT go to work for G-Comm, the whole thing may work out. You aren't officially employed by G-Comm now - AS FAR AS I CAN TELL - if you take the option B. So if for some reason you never actually begin employment with G-Comm in January, and have signed no contract, and G-Comm hasn't called up Hello Work to say, 'oh, him, yeah he's an employee...' then you should be able to do it.
That is, if you want to do it. Living on 150,000 one month, then the similarly small amount Hello Work would provide doesn't sound that attractive. I dunno. Tough choices for us all, I guess.

ex_sensei
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Last Chance

Unread post by ex_sensei » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:18 am

IMPORTANT INFO #2

FOR INSTRUCTORS WHO ARE STILL DECIDING
FOR INSTRUCTORS WHO HAVE NOT BEEN CALLED

The deadline for you to sign-on is pretty much set for the end of this month. GCOM were a bit overwhelmed by the number of instructors interested and are keen to put a cap on it.

This is the last chance for the slow boat.

Nothing official has been mentioned, but this is what AMs have been lead to believe by GCOM.

If you have not already done so, please:

1. Make a decision about whether you'd like to join GCOM
2. Contact FP and tell them of your decision

If you're waiting for a call:

1. Call FP and ask to sign-on
2. At least take the YEN 150,000 deal

You'll still be on the books, and still have the choice to decide whether you'd like to return in January. Otherwise, at the end of this month, you will no longer have any choice!

mfgrape
Enthusiastic Newbie
Enthusiastic Newbie

Gcom info/meeting

Unread post by mfgrape » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:58 am

If you are interested in joining the new company...

Option A
For those who are staying in Japan for the holidays/contracts near their expiration and/or on limited funds or whatever...this might be the best option.

50,000yen advance which must be paid back.
60% of your previous contract pay with Nova while you wait for a school to open within commuting distance (they still have Nova's travel reimbursement cap in place).
The day you start working at a branch, your pay will return to 100% starting that day (60% for the previous days). You will not return to Stand-by from that moment.

Advantage...If your Nova salary (base plus allowances) is higher than 250,000 yen a month...you will receive more than 150,000 yen by pay day in January, even if you do nothing more than stand-by. Not very different from now.
You will be paid in January. Whereas those who opt for Option B will have to wait until February...hopefully the 150,000yen can keep them afloat.

Disadvantages...they can call you in to commence working with as llittle warning as an evening. This is why those going on vacation should probably consider option B. Repaying the 50,000 yen. If you can hold out with privates/bottom of the barrel savings/whatever, it won't matter I guess. They are not sure if the 50,000 will be taken out of the pay received in January or February.

Option B...If you are going on vacation/returning home for the holidays/just want one more month of guaranteed no-work time or you want to be courteous/considerate and give your private students some warning before you bail on them... this might be the best option.

Start Jan 10th.
150,000 gift which doesn't have to be paid back.

Advantages...you can take the money and run without any worries! You can eat if you have nothing left to keep you afloat. Pay rent. Whatever.

Disadvantages...you will have to wait until February for your next chance to be paid by the new company. There is a chance that you may have to wait on stand-by earning only 60% of your salary, if they haven't yet opened a branch near you by that moment.

Grey Areas....

Unpaid holidays.
For the months of December and January, at the moment, you can take as many unpaid holidays as you would like.
Firstly, the New Year Holidays are not and never were paid holidays. They only paid us more per lesson taught. That being said, if you choose Option A, no dates were released regarding the New Year Holidays, but some dates can be expected as Japan virtually closes down during this period.
Secondly, regular work-week days off are not guaranteed at the moment as branches will temporarily make decisions based on branch needs for the first few months. So claiming Unpaid holidays may or may not coincide with your temporary work-week days off and then in some cases unpaid holidays may not be necessary.
Thirdly, contact your IAM (formerly-AAM) and keep them informed about unpaid holidays. At the moment, there are plenty of teachers so it will be fairly to get unpaid days off at least for the next two months depending on the option you chose.

Paid Holidays.
Won't carry over.
Previous holidays guaranteed in your last Nova contract will be honoured.
If you have 16 days guaranteed in your contract, then you will have 16 available in 6 months from either now (option A) or Jan 10th (option B).

Tax forms will be signed and filled out at the meeting and we will have to do our taxes for this year.....not entirely sure what this will mean.
A question was asked about Residency Tax inclusion, and No word yet was given on how residency tax will be dealt with.

Details on Insurance were sparse and unfortunately not clear at the moment.

Also, Apartment information was still unclear at the moment...and are being worked out.

Finally...branches opening...Gcom and Landlords are working through details still. List of schools has been compiled, but not released.

Hopefully this covers some of the main points from the meeting.
If you are choosing to stay with the company
good luck.

Otherwise, if you aren't interested...take the money and run...because continuing to reside in Japan after January 1st will mean another residency tax bill and if you are a decent tax-paying citizen, you might not want another one if you aren't planning on working or staying in Japan.

Level3
9 miles of bad road
9 miles of bad road

Unread post by Level3 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:02 am

Just wondering if I should file a report on that "Rat On a Gaijin, We'll Raid Them, and You Don't Even Have To Give Us Your Name" website and telephone hotline put up by the friendly folks at Immigration. It's the only service that you can actually use on weekends, too! How nice! Wish I could get a re-entry permit on a weekend.

I hear that a huge workforce of gaijins is being used to do labor that is WAY outside their visa parameters. Moving boxes and furniture and shit.

What's the address again?

Kidding.

Always wondered what would happen if I reported myself as a suspicious person though. Or if 1000 people reported 5 suspicious people each. Every day. How would they cope? :wink:
"Facts all come with points of view. Facts don't do what I want them to." - Talking Heads

suppaiku
Enthusiastic Newbie
Enthusiastic Newbie

Unread post by suppaiku » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:07 am

A question I have heard.
For people with their actual contract expiring in february or march, will Gcom propose a new contract at this time or not ?
Toute ma vie j'ai reve d'etre une hotesse de l'air... (Jacques Dutronc)