Smurfette - they're some pretty good ones. And now, along a similar vein, a few more (sorry Ziggy)
Not sure if they are still current though!
Most Middle Eastern countries recognize the following Islamic law:
- After having sexual relations with a lamb, it is a mortal sin to eat its flesh.
- In Lebanon, men are legally allowed to have sex with animals, but the
animals must be female. Having sexual relations with a male animal is
punishable by death.
- In Bahrain, a male doctor may legally examine a woman's genitals, but is forbidden from looking directly at them during the examination. He may
only see their reflection in a mirror.
- Muslims are banned from looking at the genitals of a corpse. This also
applies to undertakers; the sex organs of the decease must be covered with a brick or piece of wood at all times. (a brick?????)
- The penalty for masturbation in Indonesia is decapitation. (wonder how
they enforce that one?? Which head do they cut off??)
- There are men in Guam whose full-time job is to travel the countryside
and deflower young virgins, who pay them for the privilegeof having sex for the first time. Reason: under Guam law, it is expressly forbidden for virgins to marry. (now let's just think for a minute...is there any job anywhere else in the world that even comes close to this?)((Lucky guys))
- In Hong Kong, a betrayed wife is legally allowed to kill her adulterous
husband, but may only do so with her bare hands. (the husband's lover, on
the other hand, may be killed in any manner desired.)
- Topless saleswomen are legal in Liverpool, England - but only in tropical fish stores. (of course!!)
- In Cali, Colombia, a woman may only have sex with her husband, and the first time this happens her mother must be in the room to witness the act.
- In Santa Cruz, Bolivia it is illegal for a man to have sex with a woman
and her daughter at the same time
. (...we have to presume this was a big enough problem that they had to pass this law...?)
- In Maryland, it is illegal to sell condoms from vending machines with one
exception: prophylactics may be dispensed from a vending machine only "in places where alcoholic beverages are sold for consumption on the
Sadness flies away on the wings of time.
-Jean de La Fontaine