MEGA language leaches

For topics not directly related to eikaiwa.

Moderator: Shawn

Postby Ojii » Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:00 pm

nigerian_nampa wrote:...The girl just sat back with a slight smile, very satisfied with herself for delivering a live gaijin specimen.

But what could I do? It's much harder to blow someone off if you know them, or their friend...

You should have shown her your live gaijin specimen. and got her to blow you off.
Ojii

Postby monkeypants » Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:23 pm

Ojii wrote:
nigerian_nampa wrote:...The girl just sat back with a slight smile, very satisfied with herself for delivering a live gaijin specimen.

But what could I do? It's much harder to blow someone off if you know them, or their friend...

You should have shown her your live gaijin specimen. and got her to blow you off.

I'm sorry, ojii, as usual you were being too subtle. You were saying something about a specimen...?
monkeypants
Eikaiwa Lifer
Eikaiwa Lifer

Postby Hondo » Sun Jun 27, 2004 7:03 am

I got jumped by a language leech on the train the last time I was in Japan. After answering about two questions, I explained that I taught private lessons for very reasonable prices. I wrote down my phone number and gave it to him. I started to talk to him about my availability, and the different payment plans I had available. He shut up pretty quick, and didn't ever call me.
The next time I'm in Japan, I'm going to get some slick business cards printed up. Every time a vampiric student tries to latch on, I'll pull out the card, and explain my price scheme to them. Then, I'll explain that I don't work on my day off, and that he/she should call for an appointment.
A lanaguage consultation is yen5000, and lessons are yen10000 for 45min. If they want to pay, then that's fine.
Hondo

Previous

Return to Japan Topics