Hostages kids

For topics not directly related to eikaiwa.

Moderator: Shawn

Hostages kids

Postby RalphWiggum » Sat May 22, 2004 10:11 pm

I'd just like to register my total lack of interest in the families of the North Korean abductees, and my irritation at their interruption of Indiana Jones.

What a shower of cunts. The least they could have done is scheduled the flight for when some shithouse variety show was on.

AND they're all ugly.

GET OFF MY FUCKING TELLY YOU BUNCH OF UGLIES.

Still, at least he K-1 hasn't been cancelled...
RalphWiggum
LJ Oracle
LJ Oracle

Postby Ziggy » Sat May 22, 2004 11:10 pm

That's right Ralph. Raiders of the Lost Ark is something we've never seen before and can't live without this first time broadcast.
At Nova it's better to be a high profile shit disturber than a low profile bootlicker.
Ziggy
Disillusioned Cynic
Disillusioned Cynic

Location: Leading the human resistance against the mindless Nova machines.

Postby Big_Boy » Sat May 22, 2004 11:15 pm

Like Blair and Bush, Koizumi is the man. http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s ... 6&ncid=716
Yeah, he bribed the fat bastard Kim just like the Iraq terrorists, and it is election year but WTF, no has died and in one day he got the missing kids homebound alive.
In less than 24hrs.
Good for him.
He just needs to include multiple SDF thermonuclear airstrikes as part of his Pyonyong "aid package"
Jenkins can run to Peking or to the gates of hell. 1965 bitch deserter.
Last edited by Big_Boy on Sat May 22, 2004 11:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Big_Boy
Photoshop Madman
Photoshop Madman

Postby ex_drone » Sat May 22, 2004 11:15 pm

Get yourself , ska pa, a DVD player and forget about crap japanese tv.

Oh yeah and also get a .life
ex_drone
Hopeless Drone
Hopeless Drone

Postby PHONICS » Sat May 22, 2004 11:25 pm

How kind of them to put Indy a little later on so our new Korean guests didn't miss out!!!
Your sign here prease.
PHONICS
Jaded Veteran
Jaded Veteran

Postby Ojii » Sun May 23, 2004 12:17 am

Big_Boy wrote:...he bribed the fat bastard Kim just like the Iraq terrorists...

...so true...
Ojii

Postby RalphWiggum » Sun May 23, 2004 12:21 am

Oh yeah and also get a .life

Like yours, you sad old prick? If that's what you call a life then I'm happy with what I've got! :P
RalphWiggum
LJ Oracle
LJ Oracle

Postby Guest » Sun May 23, 2004 9:10 am

I'm surprised at the indignation Koizumi is recieving from government and from the Kazokukai, the families of the abductees. The head of the group called Koizumi's efforts saiaku no kekka (the worst result). WTF? Maybe Koizumi should have stayed home this weekend instead. Isn't half a loaf better than nothing?

-JB

Postby sos » Sun May 23, 2004 10:13 am

I was watching that this morning too (saiaku no kekka comment).
I am not at all a Koizumi fan but there are things he has done like
1. brought back the Japanese abductees from NK
2. managed to bring back 5 of the kids
that no other Prime Minister has done before.

Other PMs have known about that Japanese citizens (who PM are supposed to protect--IMHO) were abducted by NK spies but the past PM's did not risk their life, etc., to go to NK to get them back.
One of the former abductee commented that if Koizumi isn't strong enough to bring her kids back, maybe she should place her hopes on the next PM. WTF? To wait another 20+ years for a Japanese PM with enough guts to venture to NK.

Give the man credit for what he is trying to do!!
sos
Siren of Sensuality

Postby Melodious_Thunk » Sun May 23, 2004 10:38 am

John_Barleycorn wrote:I'm surprised at the indignation Koizumi is recieving from government and from the Kazokukai, the families of the abductees. The head of the group called Koizumi's efforts saiaku no kekka (the worst result). WTF? Maybe Koizumi should have stayed home this weekend instead. Isn't half a loaf better than nothing?

-JB

JB, that was my reaction as well. Should he have left the five kids there and come back with nothing!? Is it Koizumi's fault all these people were abducted in the first place? What a bunch of freakin' ingrates.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."

Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Melodious_Thunk

Postby Guest » Sun May 23, 2004 10:48 am

Melodious_Thunk wrote:JB, that was my reaction as well. Should he have left the five kids there and come back with nothing!? Is it Koizumi's fault all these people were abducted in the first place? What a bunch of freakin' ingrates.

MT, sos,

Yeah, a real bunch of ingrates. Koizumi took a big risk and stuck his neck out. I mean, here we have a goverment clearly acting in the interest of a small group of citizens instead of normally acting in the interest of the nation.

What's interesting is that while Kazokukai is indignant, the five abductees expressed their gratitude for Koizumi's efforts during their press conference.

-JB
Last edited by Guest on Sun May 23, 2004 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby senseiman » Sun May 23, 2004 12:09 pm

I too was also pissed off about the pre-emption of Indiana Jones last night, but fortunately I had a couple videos as back ups. Its a big news story, but incredibly boring to watch as it unfolded. The broadcast went something like:

"Yes, the airplane is on the runway, taxiing to the terminal building. Its a big plane, isn't it? Lets try get a close up through the windows. Oh, wait, unfortunately they have pulled the blinds closed. So, lets just look at this shot of what airplane windows look like with their blinds closed. Yes, yes. Please note the fact that you cannot see into the airplane while the blinds are closed like this. Fascinating. Well, ladies and gentlemen I hope you'll stick with us for the rest of our news special report as after this we hope to bring you exciting footage of the abductee's families waiting for their baggage to come down that long conveyor belt thing and then going through customs and immigration. Please stay tuned!"

Incredible about the way that family's group is slamming Koizumi for this. He deserves credit for this, hell if it wasn't for him going to North Korea in the first place they'd all still be wearing little Kim badges on their lapels as they walked to work in Pyongyang right now.
Buckle up. We've got a blind date with destiny....and it looks like she's ordering the lobster.
senseiman
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Postby Thanatos'_enbalmed_botfly » Sun May 23, 2004 12:16 pm

I think they had a continental breakfast this morning but need clarification on this.

I for one will continue to devour the minutiae of this story with a rabid keenness. Their lives are so fascinating compared to mine. Here's hoping coverage continues uninterrupted by daft "films".
Thanatos'_enbalmed_botfly
Asshat
Asshat

Postby RalphWiggum » Sun May 23, 2004 12:39 pm

Reports are just in that one of them took their first dump in a Japanese toilet at 8:57am JST.

On exiting the bathroom, the newly reunited family member remarked "You people shit like cavemen, and you wrecked Raiders of the Lost Ark for Ralph Wiggum you inconsiderate bastards.".
RalphWiggum
LJ Oracle
LJ Oracle

Postby sos » Sun May 23, 2004 12:44 pm

not just films, but yesterday the Carps were playing a day game. The broadcast of the game was interrupted by the NK news flash.

However....I am sorry, but Japan needs to be more aware. There are enough people in this country with no knowledge of anything. North Korea :roll:
Isn't India and Indonesia the same country? :?
Oh, people were abducted? Really? When? Anyone I know? Kowaaii ne :shock:

I didn't watch the whole airport boarding scene and all, but I can imagine. Breaking news should have the basic points and not hype up every "minute" detail.
sos
Siren of Sensuality

Postby Shawn » Sun May 23, 2004 1:37 pm

senseiman wrote: "Yes, the airplane is on the runway, taxiing to the terminal building. Its a big plane, isn't it? Lets try get a close up through the windows. Oh, wait, unfortunately they have pulled the blinds closed. So, lets just look at this shot of what airplane windows look like with their blinds closed. Yes, yes. Please note the fact that you cannot see into the airplane while the blinds are closed like this. Fascinating. Well, ladies and gentlemen I hope you'll stick with us for the rest of our news special report as after this we hope to bring you exciting footage of the abductee's families waiting for their baggage to come down that long conveyor belt thing and then going through customs and immigration. Please stay tuned!"

:rotfl: That's beautiful! But you forgot to mention the dopey reporter who showed us the famous onigiri from Tokyo Stn that Koizumi was said to have eaten on his flight over to North Korea. :hohum:
Shawn
"The past may not repeat itself, but it sure does rhyme"
--Mark Twain
Shawn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby senseiman » Sun May 23, 2004 10:09 pm

Shawn wrote:[
:rotfl: That's beautiful! But you forgot to mention the dopey reporter who showed us the famous onigiri from Tokyo Stn that Koizumi was said to have eaten on his flight over to North Korea. :hohum:

Onigiri? Now that is newsworthy! News reports in Japan do seem to go into a lot more detail than ones on American or Canadian networks do. Sometimes that is a good thing as it allows viewers to understand issues in more depth. But other times it just gets ridiculous, and I can think of no better example than the painstaking attention that has been paid to the most mundane details of the returned hostages daily lives. They also sacrifice a lot of breadth in their coverage to do it, like when you get a 15 minute story about the emperor taking a trip to some prefecture to sample whatever food or foods that place is famous for while the latest suicide bombing in the middle east or India's parliamentary elections don't even rate a passing mention.
Buckle up. We've got a blind date with destiny....and it looks like she's ordering the lobster.
senseiman
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Postby sos » Mon May 24, 2004 11:15 pm

Maybe this should be a different thread, but I am totally disgusted by the news coverage here and elsewhere. Some years ago, Princess Diana passed away. Lots of media, paparazzi, etc. A few days later, Mother Theresa passed away. Nothing. Still interviewing Princess Diana fans, the family, looking into the charities Princess Diana helped out in. Get real!! Mother Theresa has helped soooo many people, never screwed anyone over, and Mother Theresa got like 2 minutes with Diana on for 10 hours?? Sorry, but it still pisses me off
sos
Siren of Sensuality

Postby Cyberfoxbat » Tue May 25, 2004 12:36 am

Yeah - but Mother Teresa didn't sell well.
With Diana the tabloids went into an orgy of fake grief just to sell more copies...............
Tell me - what did you encounter?
I had a dream - about a man, he is not from our world,
he came down from the sky and spoke to me, he said:
"I HAVE THE ENEMY FLAG!!!!"
Cyberfoxbat
Enthusiastic Newbie
Enthusiastic Newbie

Postby sirwanksalot » Tue May 25, 2004 12:36 am

Mother Theresa was a beautiful person.

The media all has it ass backwards. And so do we if we all follow it.

Maybe those kids will want to return to North Korea, that is the soil of their birth.
sirwanksalot
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero

Postby valve-bouncer » Tue May 25, 2004 1:04 am

Does anyone (MT????) know the exact situation regarding Charles Jenkins? If he returns to Japan can the Japanese refuse to hand him over to the Americans or, as a member of the military still I presume (at least as far as the US is concerned), will he be bound by the Status of Forces Agreement in Japan?
It's a tough situation, obviously the US military can't just forgive deserters but one wonders what purpose would be served by pursuing Jenkins in this situation.
valve-bouncer
9 miles of bad road
9 miles of bad road

Postby barten » Tue May 25, 2004 1:11 am

Didn't Koizumi offer him immunity? Got this second hand, so don't count on it.
Ungaretti
uomo di pena
ti basta un
barten
Weaver of Tales
Weaver of Tales

Postby SrinTuar » Tue May 25, 2004 4:15 am

sos wrote: Mother Theresa got like 2 minutes with Diana on for 10 hours?? Sorry, but it still pisses me off

Mother Teresa was boring.
Doing charity work with no real hope of making a difference.
She had a rough childhood. Wow, thats amazingly boring.

Princess Diana was assassinated in a ambulance.
Because she was having an interacial affair tarring the royal bloodlines ?
Because she was protesting landmines or other anti war stuff ?

Either way, even if its all just conspiracy fodder, its far more interesting.
夜露死苦
SrinTuar
Frustrated Realist
Frustrated Realist

Postby Guest » Tue May 25, 2004 6:43 am

SOS,

I've given up trying to understand the antics of the Japanese media. Watching too much J-TV turns your brains to mush, anyway. The real question, of course, is will the kids be able to eat natto? Are they really Japanese? How will they be reprogrammed to be Japanese?

-JB
Last edited by Guest on Tue May 25, 2004 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cyberfoxbat » Tue May 25, 2004 6:48 am

John_Barleycorn wrote:How will they be reprogrammed to be Japanese?

They'll feed them natto. Explains everything...........
Tell me - what did you encounter?
I had a dream - about a man, he is not from our world,
he came down from the sky and spoke to me, he said:
"I HAVE THE ENEMY FLAG!!!!"
Cyberfoxbat
Enthusiastic Newbie
Enthusiastic Newbie

Postby Melodious_Thunk » Tue May 25, 2004 7:13 am

valve-bouncer wrote:Does anyone (MT????) know the exact situation regarding Charles Jenkins? If he returns to Japan can the Japanese refuse to hand him over to the Americans or, as a member of the military still I presume (at least as far as the US is concerned), will he be bound by the Status of Forces Agreement in Japan?
It's a tough situation, obviously the US military can't just forgive deserters but one wonders what purpose would be served by pursuing Jenkins in this situation.

I think dogdays has already answered your question. If he came to Japan (not "returned" as the media have been saying) and the US demanded that he be handed over, Japan would have no choice.

A couple of points:

If I were president of the US, I would NOT grant him a pardon as some have suggested. I would make clear to Koizumi, however, that as this is a special case I would not seek his extradition from Japan or any other third country (South Korea?), but he would face charges in the US if he ever returned.

Another thing to keep in mind is that Jenkins is (1) not Japanese, (2) fairly old, and (3) that he chose to go to North Korea. Even if the US granted him immunity, he still might not want to come live in Japan at this point in his life. What would he do here, anyway?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."

Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Melodious_Thunk

Postby Ziggy » Tue May 25, 2004 8:31 am

Cyberfoxbat wrote:Yeah - but Mother Teresa didn't sell well.
With Diana the tabloids went into an orgy of fake grief just to sell more copies...............

Diana's death had more imact due to shock. Nobody foresaw it. Mother Teresa's passing people saw coming.
At Nova it's better to be a high profile shit disturber than a low profile bootlicker.
Ziggy
Disillusioned Cynic
Disillusioned Cynic

Postby Ziggy » Tue May 25, 2004 8:35 am

dogdays wrote:Koizumi cannot offer him immunity as there is a treaty in place. Japan has been asking the U.S. to go easy on Jenkins, but the response has not been the one Koizumia had been hoping for.

In other news, I saw Nakasone on TV complaining about Koizumi tonight. Oh God, please help me!!! Koizumi is doing a hell of a lot so the frustration that people have felt for decades is coming out and is being directed at him. It isn't easy getting things done in this country. Nakasone is such a great guy. What a laugh!!!

This is a frustrating situation to say the least. I understand the military agreeement between Japan and the U.S. forbids immunity. I suppose even if Japan tried it but it would make the situation the hell of a lot worse.

Koizumi did a great job and the fact he managed to secure the release of a few is good new indeed.
Ziggy
Disillusioned Cynic
Disillusioned Cynic

Postby GaijinPooka » Tue May 25, 2004 9:36 am

Re: Jenkins.

I'm not American so I don't know much about it. But is he also guilty of Treason? Or suspected of it? He did desert to whats considered an enemy or hostile nation didnt he?
GaijinPooka
Enthusiastic Newbie
Enthusiastic Newbie

Postby minairia » Tue May 25, 2004 10:01 am

But here's the most important point ... does anyone else think the abductee chicks are kind of hot, especially the one in the brown dress? Just imagine that simmering combination of Japanese and North Korea insanity and emotional repression compressed into a young tight teenage body begging for release. Hello Kitty with an AK47 ....
minairia
Clean & Sober
Clean & Sober

Next

Return to Japan Topics