Same Sex Marriage in Japan?

For topics not directly related to eikaiwa.

Moderator: Shawn

Same Sex Marriage in Japan?

Postby GrandWizardofWisdom » Tue May 18, 2004 1:42 pm

Hey do you ever think it will happen in Japan?
GrandWizardofWisdom
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue May 18, 2004 8:03 am

Postby Melodious_Thunk » Tue May 18, 2004 1:45 pm

No.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."

Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Melodious_Thunk
 
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:00 pm
Location: Deep in the shed

Postby allblacks » Tue May 18, 2004 1:46 pm

No way ya Troll.
Kamate Kamate...
User avatar
allblacks
Jaded Veteran
Jaded Veteran
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:20 pm
Location: Here

Postby ex_drone » Tue May 18, 2004 2:21 pm

Damn fags they should shut the fuck up and stay in the closet.

Next they will want to be adopting kids !1
ex_drone
Hopeless Drone
Hopeless Drone
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 2:13 pm
Location: kicking ass

Postby MacGyver » Tue May 18, 2004 2:23 pm

ex_drone wrote:Damn fags they should shut the fuck up and stay in the closet.

Next they will want to be adopting kids !1


:rotfl:

Buwahahaha Classic Drone!

:clap:
"If all Japanese went to NOVA, the English level of the country would rise dramatically." - RevD on the state of English education in Japan.
MacGyver
9 miles of bad road
9 miles of bad road
 
Posts: 1280
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:22 am
Location: In the Stargate

Postby ex_drone » Tue May 18, 2004 2:50 pm

Glad you agree Mac, at least you are not a fag hugger !!
ex_drone
Hopeless Drone
Hopeless Drone
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 2:13 pm
Location: kicking ass

Re: Same Sex Marriage in Japan?

Postby senseiman » Tue May 18, 2004 3:19 pm

GrandWizardofWisdom wrote:Hey do you ever think it will happen in Japan?


Why? You found that special somebody?
Buckle up. We've got a blind date with destiny....and it looks like she's ordering the lobster.
User avatar
senseiman
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero
 
Posts: 501
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:51 pm
Location: the senseiman secret lair

Postby MacGyver » Tue May 18, 2004 3:29 pm

ex_drone wrote:Glad you agree Mac, at least you are not a fag hugger !!


Actually I wasn't saying I agree nor disagree with you (I disagree for the record). I was just saying it was classic you and damn funny is all. I had a good laugh at your expense. It was worth the admission fee mate. :wink:
"If all Japanese went to NOVA, the English level of the country would rise dramatically." - RevD on the state of English education in Japan.
MacGyver
9 miles of bad road
9 miles of bad road
 
Posts: 1280
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:22 am
Location: In the Stargate

Re: Same Sex Marriage in Japan?

Postby valve-bouncer » Tue May 18, 2004 3:41 pm

senseiman wrote:
GrandWizardofWisdom wrote:Hey do you ever think it will happen in Japan?


Why? You found that special somebody?

Bwahahahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
valve-bouncer
9 miles of bad road
9 miles of bad road
 
Posts: 1403
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:37 pm
Location: A box filled with dirt

Postby Melodious_Thunk » Tue May 18, 2004 3:50 pm

On a serious note, the reason it will not happen in Japan in at least the rest of my lifetime is that the country's judiciary is different from that of the United States, as it is not activist and does not find new rights under the Constitution. The government also does not have a federal system like that of the United States. Gay marriage has appeared in the US as the result of a decision by a state court in one state. If it ever becomes accepted nationally, I would bet my life it will be through a decision of the Supreme Court. It's really hard to imagine both houses of Congress passing legislation granting gays the right to marry and then a president signing it, and I doubt anyone would disagree on this point.

In Japan's case, however, prefectures lack the power to make their own laws and hence there are no prefectural courts, and the Supreme Court does not make those types of decisions on important matters. For gay marriage to happen in Japan would require the passage of revisions to several laws by both houses of the Diet, something that is entirely unimaginable. That's the answer in case this is a serious question.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."

Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Melodious_Thunk
 
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:00 pm
Location: Deep in the shed

Postby Diogenes_in_Tokyo » Tue May 18, 2004 7:57 pm

Ignoring the troll, I think that another major hurdle would be the family registry hassle. Unmarried hetero couples have enough trouble with the registry problem (whether a spouse is forced to change his\her last name, who'd be listed on whose registry, etc.). Now imagine that scenario with two guys, for instance. Who'd be the 'wife' and who'd be the husband? Which one would have to change his name? I can just imagine the bureaucratic red tape...
All those people killed in shootings in America?
Oh, shootings, yes. But that doesn't mean Americans are more violent than other people. We're just better shots.
User avatar
Diogenes_in_Tokyo
Eikaiwa Lifer
Eikaiwa Lifer
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:51 am
Location: Gov. Ishihara's sh!tlist

Postby Melodious_Thunk » Tue May 18, 2004 8:08 pm

Diogenes_in_Tokyo wrote:Ignoring the troll, I think that another major hurdle would be the family registry hassle.


That's one of the laws I had in mind that would have to be revised.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."

Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Melodious_Thunk
 
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:00 pm
Location: Deep in the shed

Postby Melodious_Thunk » Tue May 18, 2004 8:52 pm

dogdays wrote:I cannot see that law (family registry) being changed in my lifetime. No way. Has it ever been discussed? (not same sex marriage of course) If so I would really wonder why the reason would be. The family registry seems to be almost sacred to some people. I do not understand it at all.


Changes have been discussed with regard to changing it to allow married couples to have separate surnames. The talk came to nothing, however, as the opposition to making such an alteration was great. That should tell you all you need to know about the chances of allowing the much more radical step of same-sex marriage.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."

Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Melodious_Thunk
 
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:00 pm
Location: Deep in the shed

Postby ex_drone » Tue May 18, 2004 9:15 pm

Diogenes_in_Tokyo wrote:
Ignoring the troll, I think that another major hurdle would be the family registry hassle.



Oh so some one who opposes fag weddings in your book is a troll.

No wait you said you were ex JET that explains alot.

The JET plot is polluted with leftie CRACKPOTS.

Fag weddings another nail in the coffin of western society and just another reason for Islamic slimeballs to hate us all the more.

Now why don't you run off and tell scum sucking liberal lawyers who just might care !!
ex_drone
Hopeless Drone
Hopeless Drone
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 2:13 pm
Location: kicking ass

Postby RalphWiggum » Tue May 18, 2004 10:07 pm

GrandWizardofWisdom smells a lot like ex_drone to me...

Which, coincidentally, is like shit! ;)
RalphWiggum
LJ Oracle
LJ Oracle
 
Posts: 789
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2003 4:52 pm
Location: Just outside Tokyo

Postby ex_drone » Tue May 18, 2004 10:24 pm

Ralph baby we love ya , you fat SLOB.

I'm sure your shit don't stink !!

RALLLLLLLLLLLLLPHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
ex_drone
Hopeless Drone
Hopeless Drone
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 2:13 pm
Location: kicking ass

Postby RalphWiggum » Tue May 18, 2004 10:28 pm

Comeback of the year.

Well done.
RalphWiggum
LJ Oracle
LJ Oracle
 
Posts: 789
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2003 4:52 pm
Location: Just outside Tokyo

Postby ex_drone » Tue May 18, 2004 10:29 pm

Ralph baby we love ya , you fat SLOB.

I'm sure your shit don't stink !!

RALLLLLLLLLLLLLPHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
ex_drone
Hopeless Drone
Hopeless Drone
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 2:13 pm
Location: kicking ass

Postby JP_Jones » Tue May 18, 2004 10:33 pm

somebody slap the side of drone's head, he is skipping.
User avatar
JP_Jones
Photoshop King
Photoshop King
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 7:33 pm
Location: 東京

Postby ex_drone » Tue May 18, 2004 10:55 pm

I'll BITCH SLAP YOU JP ( huggggggggggsss )
ex_drone
Hopeless Drone
Hopeless Drone
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 2:13 pm
Location: kicking ass

Postby JP_Jones » Tue May 18, 2004 11:10 pm

not in this lifetime
User avatar
JP_Jones
Photoshop King
Photoshop King
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 7:33 pm
Location: 東京

Postby senseiman » Tue May 18, 2004 11:36 pm

dogdays wrote:Too much "love" in this thread. .



I've noticed that too. Maybe ex drone and the wizard should get together.
Buckle up. We've got a blind date with destiny....and it looks like she's ordering the lobster.
User avatar
senseiman
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero
 
Posts: 501
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:51 pm
Location: the senseiman secret lair

Postby RalphWiggum » Wed May 19, 2004 12:05 am

That would be a wank, I think.
RalphWiggum
LJ Oracle
LJ Oracle
 
Posts: 789
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2003 4:52 pm
Location: Just outside Tokyo

Postby LeBlueBoy » Wed May 19, 2004 12:16 am

Diogenes_in_Tokyo wrote:Ignoring the troll


Which definition of troll are you using for this thread? "BBS troublemaker" troll, or "Fat balding chipped-tooth guy in the corner checking out that Adonis crammed in blue jeans on the dance floor" troll?
LeBlueBoy
Frustrated Realist
Frustrated Realist
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:24 am
Location: Osaka

Postby Samurai_Jerk » Wed May 19, 2004 2:05 pm

A lot of the reason that homosexuals want the right to marry in the US don't apply in Japan and other countries. In the US there are tax advantages to being married (something that I personally think is bullshit). You can also get health insurance through your spouse's job. Something that is a big issues in a country without universal healthcare. So I don't know if the push for legal gay marriage would necessarily be as big outside of the US.
Samurai_Jerk
Jaded Veteran
Jaded Veteran
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:11 pm

Postby LeBlueBoy » Wed May 19, 2004 2:47 pm

dogdays wrote:If ex-drone hears that socialism will stop the spread of gay rights we might see a rapid transformation into a worldwide socialist Gospel guy right in front our internet eyes... (ex-drone, I AM joking of course) :wink: :)


That's just scary. It's like you read my mind. I had considered posting this...

LeBlueBoy almost wrote:It'd be one of the most unexpected progressive moves the GOP could make without turning the U.S. into a socialist shithole.


but instead I wrote something about trolls. (Apologies to posters who like living under a socialist government...it's just not my cup of tea)

ex_drone wrote:Fag weddings another nail in the coffin of western society and just another reason for Islamic slimeballs to hate us all the more.


Come on Drone, do you really want some militant fucktards to have any influence at all over our legal system? I'm not going to let some dude's holy tirade affect the decisions made in this country, and I'm not going to lose any sleep over a couple of guys getting married to each other.

Besides, allowing gay marriage opens the door to reexamining the poligamy laws. If some guy can nab 7 virgins in this lifetime, why bother killing yourself over getting them in the next?
LeBlueBoy
Frustrated Realist
Frustrated Realist
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:24 am
Location: Osaka


Return to Japan Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron