Fucking Channel 10 Bastards

For topics not directly related to eikaiwa.

Moderator: Shawn

Fucking Channel 10 Bastards

Postby senseiman » Thu May 13, 2004 9:51 pm

Fuck Fuck Fuck, thats all I have to say.

Was anybody else watching the Giants/Tigers game tonight? For those that weren't, let me set the scene for you. The Giants have just set the central league record with a streak of 33 consecutive games with a home run. They need just two more games to match the all-time Japanese record of 35 games set by Seibu in 1986. Now here we are, its the bottom of the 9th inning, the Giants are losing by a run and have yet to hit a homer. Who steps up to the plate? None other than former CL MVP and Home run king Roberto Petagini. If he fails to connect then not only will the Giants lose the game, their home run streak and shot at the record books will also be broken. First pitch, he connects for a long fly ball that drifts foul down the left field line. The crowd is on its feet, the excitement is so palpable you can feel it through the screen. Second pitch--- ?? Fucked if I know because the god damned broadcaster decided at that exact fucking moment that the game had run too long and they would have to switch over to their regularly scheduled programming!!!


FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!!! I want to kill somebody (at channel 10, not any of you). GRRRRH. The announcers were quite apologetic, "We really hate to do this to you at home at a moment like this, but we've got to stop our broadcast here in order to bring you the 9:24 news update. But if you stay around until 11:55 (!?!?!?!?!???!!!FUCK) you'll be able to find out how this game ended." Then they cut to commercial.

!@$&##*(&$(@&#$%%7. That is so frustrating. I remember all the channels used to do that all the time, but I think channel 6 now has a policy of showing the entire game even if the game runs longer than expected. The people who run channel 10 however (pedophiles who worship satan and deal crack to children, every last one of them. I have pictures!!) have decided its better to just stop the fucking game at any time they choose and start showing whatever the fuck they usually show because it is just TOOOO difficult to, you know, DELAY the fucking.....

All right, thats enough. Too much ranting, just had to get that off my chest.
Last edited by senseiman on Thu May 13, 2004 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buckle up. We've got a blind date with destiny....and it looks like she's ordering the lobster.
User avatar
senseiman
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero
 
Posts: 501
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:51 pm
Location: the senseiman secret lair

Postby Ojii » Thu May 13, 2004 10:06 pm

That kind of crap always happens with the local 'military' channel. I don't watch it anymore, my antenna was twisted up during the last typhoon. I didn't bother going up the roof to fix it back. Reason, well I just gave up on watching that channel. Same problems.

I remember watching an NBA game, playoffs. It was the 7th game with only seconds to go, both teams were tied. The TV screen goes blank and they automatically put on some stupid show. Actually, this kind of stuff happens all of the time. That's why I just gave up on it.

I have gotten PerfectTV since but it's not so "perfect" when it's raining. Also, my stupid connection is somehow screwed up so I can't even watch that anymore. My TV viewing life is really bad. If the NHK man comes around my house anytime soon, I'll probably punch him in the face.
Ojii
 
Posts: 913
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:24 pm
Location: 沖縄

Postby Ozintokyo » Thu May 13, 2004 10:07 pm

:lol: senseiman - that's pretty fucked up!! I would be supremely pissed too!

Give 'em hell mate!
Sadness flies away on the wings of time.
-Jean de La Fontaine
User avatar
Ozintokyo
Intruder
Intruder
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:24 pm
Location: Loitering with intent

Postby yume25 » Thu May 13, 2004 10:13 pm

As much as I sympathize, I am not much of a baseball fan, so it always irks me to learn that a show I want to watch has been nixed for a game. Another one like that is women's volleyball. I enjoy watching them get all worked up and stuff, but I'd rather watch 99.
User avatar
yume25
Clean & Sober
Clean & Sober
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2004 11:03 pm
Location: Fukuoka

Postby okazakiOm » Thu May 13, 2004 10:17 pm

What OG said. SkyPa is the way to go. BTW, it's pissing down now, and my reception is fine.

Not always the case, though.
User avatar
okazakiOm
Frustrated Realist
Frustrated Realist
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:52 am
Location: 京都

Postby MacGyver » Thu May 13, 2004 10:21 pm

Senseiman, I have only one thing to say:

CABLE

Oh, and I saw the game until the end.....hehehe :D

My mate was at the game and kept calling. Couldn't hear a word cause he was in the Tigers Oendan section....
"If all Japanese went to NOVA, the English level of the country would rise dramatically." - RevD on the state of English education in Japan.
MacGyver
9 miles of bad road
9 miles of bad road
 
Posts: 1280
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:22 am
Location: In the Stargate

Postby Guest » Fri May 14, 2004 6:44 am

Why does this not surprise me, senseiman? It's standard procedure in J-TV: CMs are king, views don't count for shit. You mean we should serve the viewing public rather than show the latest Beckham TBC commercial? Perish the thought.

I've seen similar stuff on the Ch. 8 morning "news" program. I think the commericals are all on a set time schedule because there has been many a time when the announcer has been cut off by a sudden break to a CM.

What you say about CH. 10 not showing the whole game is one of th reasons I never got into J-ball. It fucking pisses me off. :guns:

-JB
Guest
 

Postby PHONICS » Fri May 14, 2004 6:52 am

Tardy baseball players!

When will they grow up and learn to finish games on time?

How inconsiderate of them.

I guess they just want more fans to go out to the stadiums....

:D
Your sign here prease.
PHONICS
Jaded Veteran
Jaded Veteran
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 6:11 pm
Location: Chair

Postby LeBlueBoy » Fri May 14, 2004 7:08 am

Image
LeBlueBoy
Frustrated Realist
Frustrated Realist
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:24 am
Location: Osaka

Postby senseiman » Fri May 14, 2004 1:14 pm

Well, I saw on the NHK news that Petagini didn't get a home run and the Giants streak was snapped. Oh well, being a Tigers fan I can't say that I'm too dissapointed.

I've thought about getting cable, but I figured it would just end up being one more excuse for me to waste my time.

I just can't fucking believe the way they cut out of sports events right at their climax like that because they can't in any way deviate from their broadcasting schedule. What a bunch of linear thinking quats. Now that I think about it, this is one thing that really pisses me off about Japanese baseball too. If the game runs 12 innings and its still tied, they just stop the game. That happened once at a game I went to in Koshien and it pissed me off something fierce, you sit around for 4 hours watching the game only to have it end with nobody winning. What is this, little league? Happens in the NHL too. Its damned inconsiderate to the fans.
Buckle up. We've got a blind date with destiny....and it looks like she's ordering the lobster.
User avatar
senseiman
Eikaiwa Hero
Eikaiwa Hero
 
Posts: 501
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:51 pm
Location: the senseiman secret lair

Postby Melodious_Thunk » Sat May 15, 2004 3:10 pm

LeBlueBoy wrote:Image


I'm going to quote this back because I actually understand the reference. ;)

Senseiman, I think all of the broadcast networks cut off coverage at a certain time. One (or perhaps a few of them) moved that time from 9:24 to 9:54, but cut it off they will. I'd much rather see one COMPLETE game once a week than watch parts of five.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."

Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Melodious_Thunk
 
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:00 pm
Location: Deep in the shed

Postby Melodious_Thunk » Sat May 15, 2004 3:12 pm

senseiman wrote:Now that I think about it, this is one thing that really pisses me off about Japanese baseball too. If the game runs 12 innings and its still tied, they just stop the game.


Annoying, yes, but this is actually somewhat understandable. The explanation I got for this was that it has to do with people being able to take public transportation home.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."

Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Melodious_Thunk
 
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:00 pm
Location: Deep in the shed

Postby allblacks » Sat May 15, 2004 5:46 pm

A different take:

Before I started going for the Giants, whenever the baseball was dragging on into the Fri/Sat/Sunday movie... :smash:
Kamate Kamate...
User avatar
allblacks
Jaded Veteran
Jaded Veteran
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:20 pm
Location: Here

Postby valve-bouncer » Sat May 15, 2004 6:26 pm

Melodious_Thunk wrote:
LeBlueBoy wrote:Image


I'm going to quote this back because I actually understand the reference. ;)


Well aren't you a clever bastard then :P :D .......As I understand it refers to a similar incident in America where the producer assumed some sports game (gridiron from memory) was all over and cut to Heidi before the game ended only for there to be a Lazarus like comeback from one team to snatch a dramatic victory. Am I close....amazing what the memory will dredge up from its deepest darkest recesses. :D
valve-bouncer
9 miles of bad road
9 miles of bad road
 
Posts: 1403
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:37 pm
Location: A box filled with dirt

Postby Jet_Mech » Sat May 15, 2004 6:57 pm

Ah ... the "Heidi Game," Jets versus Raiders, right? :wink:
User avatar
Jet_Mech
Enthusiastic Newbie
Enthusiastic Newbie
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:23 pm

Postby okazakiOm » Sun May 16, 2004 1:19 am

Yep. Raiders won!

Of course, I was too young to remember it. :)
User avatar
okazakiOm
Frustrated Realist
Frustrated Realist
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:52 am
Location: 京都

Postby Jet_Mech » Sun May 16, 2004 10:15 pm

A little "Heidi" sports history in case anyone's interested. :)



http://articles.findarticles.com/p/arti ... i_53256079
Last edited by Jet_Mech on Sun May 16, 2004 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Jet_Mech
Enthusiastic Newbie
Enthusiastic Newbie
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:23 pm

Postby valve-bouncer » Mon May 17, 2004 1:46 am

Jet_Mech wrote:A little "Heidi" sports history in case anyone's interested. :)



http://articles.findarticles.com/p/arti ... i_53256079

Cool article JM, thanks for that...been quietly impressed with the quality of your contributions to LJ, keep it up. :)
valve-bouncer
9 miles of bad road
9 miles of bad road
 
Posts: 1403
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:37 pm
Location: A box filled with dirt

Postby Jet_Mech » Mon May 17, 2004 7:47 am

Thanks for that VB! I'll do my best. :D :D
User avatar
Jet_Mech
Enthusiastic Newbie
Enthusiastic Newbie
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:23 pm


Return to Japan Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron