WHAT A FUCKED UP WORLD WE LIVE IN!!!

For topics not directly related to eikaiwa.

Moderator: Shawn

Postby JP_Jones » Fri May 14, 2004 4:24 pm

did you write that yourself too?

ha ha ha ha ha ha
JP_Jones
Photoshop King
Photoshop King

Postby Ozintokyo » Fri May 14, 2004 5:43 pm

jncash wrote:Anyway back to the subject of the post, WHAT A FUCKED UP WORLD WE LIVE IN. It's interesting that it took the beheading of an american civilian to generate conversation about the subject post. Was his life more important than some nameless iraqi, or arab, or coalition soldier who died as well?

Of course this is FUCKED UP, and of course WE SHOULD be MORE outraged by this than "some nameless iraqi, or arab, or coalition soldier who died as well", not because his life is worth more than any of the others that have pointlessly lost their lives in this idiotic struggle, but because of the manner in which he died.

It is appauling that humans can do this to each other, and yes OF COURSE we should be EQUALLY appalled if we were to hear about this kind of shit happening to ANY human from ANY country, by ANY other human.

I too am appalled by the video footage of the treatment of Iraqi soldiers by the American soldiers. I have never been in the military and therefore cannot imagine the kind of pressure many people must feel being in this kind of environment, but the kind of pathetic display is reprehensible.

I'm sorry LeBlueBoy, as far as the girl being sexually promiscuous, who gives a fuck?? I am also fucking pissed off when people try to force fucking morals of christianity at every fucking turn. This has got nothing to do with it!! "a real American (and family oriented conservative)" :puke: God damn this kind of shit makes me puke! Are you actually outraged that she had sex in front of the Iraqi prisoners? That's what you complain about?? Fuck!! Don't you find it a little bit more than upsetting the manner in which the Iraqi prisoners were treated is a little more important and relevant - that they were stripped, that they were forced to act the way they were. Isn't it the whole idea that they did not treat these prisoners, certainly as the enemy, but basically just prisoners of war, but never the less, human equals.

I can not understand why it is so fucking difficult for people to treat each other with a little fucking respect, and have a hell of a lot more respect for human life - it is not much simpler than that is it?
Last edited by Ozintokyo on Fri May 14, 2004 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sadness flies away on the wings of time.
-Jean de La Fontaine
Ozintokyo
Intruder
Intruder

Postby yaffle » Fri May 14, 2004 6:00 pm

I thought that the point wan't that she was a slag, but that she was at it like knives with various people in front of the prisoners. I don't think that Christian morals come into it, really. It's not a normal way to behave as somebody's captor, however you look at it, and it is indicative of the atitude. The men who participated are just as much at fault.
yaffle
Frustrated Realist
Frustrated Realist

Postby Samurai_Jerk » Fri May 14, 2004 6:47 pm

dogdays,

ex_drone may be a bigot and just cutting and pasting propaganda from some website, but you are just as full of shit if not more so. The fact that you have Jewish blood, Muslim friends, and spent time in the Muslism world doesn't mean you are any more qualified to analyze the situation than anyone else. The fact that you have a dissenting opinion and have spent time in Somalia (btw, I share your views on the beauty of women from the Horn of Africa) doesn't make you hard. It's easy to sit at a key board and type away about what a pussy someone is.

There is a lot of bullshit in what ex_drone posted but there is also a lot of truth. I encourage all of you who think they know what's up in the Middle East to really look into the history of the whole situation. No matter which side you take you have to agree that the Palestinian Arabs have been abused. Not only by Israel but by their so called Arab brothers. Jordan, Syria, and Lebanon have all treated them like shit and pursued policies that made the situation worse.

By the way, the Jews didn't all just up and decide to go back to the Holy Land in some Zionist version of manifest desitny. A lot of them ended up there because they were being treated like shit by the rest of the world (Europe, Russia, the Middle East, Persia, and North Africa). Where the hell were they supposed to go?
Last edited by Samurai_Jerk on Fri May 14, 2004 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Samurai_Jerk
Jaded Veteran
Jaded Veteran

Postby Ojii » Fri May 14, 2004 7:28 pm

In a war, most people in a Democracy get really sick of seeing the blood and guts, but that's the reality of it. People get killed.

You post-atomic babies need to grow-up and realize that we are no longer protected by a shared monopoly of the atomic bomb. The increased attacks and threats of terrorism along with the spread of nuclear knowledge to every Western-hating country on the planet makes it necessary, whether you agree with it or not, for the U.S. to establish a presence in the Middle East.

The main reason, I believe for the Iraq War is its benefits, not necessarily just oil, but to allow America to establish several fast-attack military bases near Syria, Iran and the rest of the Islamic Fundamentalist nations. These countries have been working very hard to build their own nuclear bombs. Iran has already established a national program and they have already mined a large supply of uranium.

As hateful as these people are to the West, we would be idiotic to do nothing. A plane crash on a side of a building is nothing in comparison to an atomic explosion in a large city. It would be very easy to find volunteers in the Islamic World to do this act, even before the Iraqi invasion.

The U.S. foreign policies have been a diaster, changing every four to eight years, depending on the president in power. We need to maintain a consistent stance and policy in regard to own international behavior.

I believe the U.S. must not pull out. Any comparison to Vietnam is off target. It is a completely different situation. It's not American pride that is on line, it's Amerca's survival.
Last edited by Ojii on Fri May 14, 2004 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ojii

Postby plaid_knight » Fri May 14, 2004 8:09 pm

I believe for the Vietnaraq War is its benefits, not necessarily just oil,

I'd argue that oil is the only possible benefit, but the current crisis makes oil extraction impossible.

Putting military bases in Vietnaraq is a mistake. They will present any terrorist an ideal target. Remember that many of the terrorists are not afraid to die, so they will sacrifice their lives to ensure the destruction of their target. A nutter with some semtex can do a lot of damage.

As for the comparison to Vietnam, let's do a quick comparison.

Is it full of insurgents?
Vietnam YES
Iraq YES

Is it busting the economy?
Vietnam YES
Iraq YES

Do we have no clear exit strategy?
Vietnam YES
Iraq YES

Was the idea of going over there
to "set up a better government"?
Vietnam YES
Iraq YES

Are the troops underfunded,
poorly equipped, and
overworked?
Vietnam YES
Iraq YES

Is the country we invaded
linked to Al Qaeda?
Vietnam NO
Iraq NO

Do the average citizens want
us to please leave?
Vietnam YES
Iraq YES

Did we improve the quality
of life for the citizens of
the country by invading it?
Vietnam NO
Iraq NO
<i>Anata sekai o kakumei surush ga nai deshou?
Anata no susumu michi wa yoi shite arimasu.</i>
plaid_knight
Jaded Veteran
Jaded Veteran

Postby JP_Jones » Fri May 14, 2004 9:49 pm

remind how this is related to Japan???

maybe you guys should try the LetsIraq.org site.

or LetsbashtheUS.org, or perhaps the LetsbashBush.org site.

this gets a bit redundant dont you think?
JP_Jones
Photoshop King
Photoshop King

Postby ex_drone » Fri May 14, 2004 9:52 pm

I will be back in Muslim territory this year and will be glad to see my friends.

Yeah well hurry up and fuck off , we don't need you here.

One less gravy train riding suburbanite DOLT that us long term gaijin won't have to put up with anymore .

Enjoy life with the Camel jockeys and goat hearders.
Last edited by ex_drone on Fri May 14, 2004 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ex_drone
Hopeless Drone
Hopeless Drone

Postby Shawn » Fri May 14, 2004 10:03 pm

And on JP_Jones's note, I think this thread has about had it.
Shawn
"The past may not repeat itself, but it sure does rhyme"
--Mark Twain
Shawn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Previous

Return to Japan Topics